Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LIVE from the Valley: Yoof v Swindon

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]But Huddersfield are beating Millwall (1-0)...

someone else will go into administration to keep the scum out of the bottom 4 ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]plymouth winning 2-0 at soton brings us to within 3 points of being out of the playoff positions, time to look down not up;-(

zzzzzzz, don't tell me your being a realist?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]plymouth winning 2-0 at soton brings us to within 3 points of being out of the playoff positions, time to look down not up;-(

Come off it, OohAah, that sort of talk is unnecessary and self defeating just for the sake of it.

If you keep looking down, you might as well throw yourself under a bus.
  • Options
    nope just pointing out that we're 3 points away from not being in the play offs and 7 points away from automatics so i'm looking down not up for the moment
  • Options
    Blimey what spin
  • Options
    anyway, the kids were well alright tonight, but boy was it freezing in the Valley tonight
  • Options
    So Rothko, it finished 5-1?
  • Options
    yep and last year i didn't think we'd stay up and all i got was blah blah blah we'll get out of it stop being negative... i'm just saying it how i see it .
    i know if we played to our potential we'd be pushing for the automatics but i think we've under performed and been too inconsistant for far too long now to have a realistic chance of making the automatics, therefore i'm hoping we make the play offs
  • Options
    youth team have got sunderland next wednesday down at the valley in the quarter finals;-)
  • Options
    So how much will Shelvey be sold for then ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah it did BFR, some really good stuff played, Shelvey has the makings of a class act, but it was freezing.

Ooha, the cynic is the laziest position to take, as you can have it both ways, with the 'told you so' or jumping on the celebratory bangwagon. Your trying to find a negative in someone else winning, which is about as cynical as it gets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]So how much will Shelvey be sold for then ?
    he's not going anywhere yet... charlton are treating him well and he loves it down there for the time being at least!
  • Options
    What day is the Quarter final?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] trying to find a negative in someone else winning, which is about as cynical as it gets

errrr errrrm maybe cos their a rival for one of the play off spots and they're winning , i think that's a good enough reason to lean towards the negative side of the result .. 3 points to 7th spot or 5 points i mean you do the math
  • Options
    He really was a class act tonight. Absolutely bossed the game and was i think the youngest player on the pitch. Could be VERY good if he keeps progressing, as could 5 or 6 of them, but its still a very long way to go.

Cracking little side to watch though.
  • Options
    I appreciate we see things differently OoAah - and I enjoy the banter and leg pulling that we have.

But as a club, if we want to achieve anything, we really have to think differently than always thinking the worst.
    Life is a self fulfilling prophecy.

You get what you focus on. Let's focus on what we good at - and leave other clubs to worry about us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red Jnr[/cite]What day is the Quarter final?
    wednesday 27th
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]yeah it did BFR, some really good stuff played, Shelvey has the makings of a class act, but it was freezing.

Ooha, the cynic is the laziest position to take, as you can have it both ways, with the 'told you so' or jumping on the celebratory bangwagon. Your trying to find a negative in someone else winning, which is about as cynical as it gets

Thanks for that, sounds like we have some great players coming through again.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh Wednesday thanks.
  • Options
    Rothko, oohaah, if you want to bicker like a couple of old tarts, do it on another thread and lets keep this one about the youth team, ta.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and the maths say we're in the play offs, and Ipswich will be first out of the slots anyway, and that's all the maths that needs doing
  • Options
    sorry
  • Options
    bickertainment, it's what makes this site.

Anyway, I want a blanket next time I sit in the west stand, buurrrr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Anyway, I want a blanket next time I sit in the west stand, buurrrr

Don't forget your flask & fairy cakes...... :-)
  • Options
    One that has impressed me the couple of times i've seen him is Stavrinou. Plays the holding centre mid role very well in an understated way, and gives the side excellent shape and things ticking over.
  • Options
    Very impressed with the young lads tonight. Looking forward to next wednesday now.
  • Options
    I have just got back from there 2nite the boys played very well against a team that IMO were better than Sheff Yoo. 5 one and it could have been 7 or 8 with Swindon proberly deserved of 3 or 4 themselves, Cant Speak highly enough of Jon Jo again I am with you AFKA Alex played well again but i thought Godfrey tonight played the front man well, How big is our number 5 fecking giant

well done boys roll on next wednesday
  • Options
    Fantastic result the 'yoof' will get down there for wednesdays game now (glory boy i know) and cheers valley_mc. for updates!!
    Oh yeah how much is it a ticket £5-£10??
  • Options
    Match report on the OS says the match is on Tuesday

"And the cup action comes thick and fast in SE7 with Sunderland due here in the last eight in exactly a week. In this form Charlton will take some beating."
  • Options
    Just remember, Shelvey's a Lifer!

Well done boys, wish I was there. Are we seeing the next Great Generation from the Academy and, dare I say, Valley Gold!