Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards agrees with CL discussions

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Apols if this has been posted already or many have read in the paper based newsshopper (feel free to titanic me)

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/news/display.var.2016164.0.pardew_requests_valley_revamp.php

Comments

• Options
    Henry told me about this on Saturday - get it to happen!!
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/news/display.var.2016164.0.pardew_requests_valley_revamp.php

No, it's only from Friday.
  • Options
    Lets hope it happens....I wonder if we could put forward a friendly petition to help sway it?
  • Options
    Surely it won't happen till next season, i would imagine it would be a nightmare to transfer people out of the West. I suppose they could put plates of prawn sandwiches in the South and hope the fans rush over to get them!
  • Options
    obviously not until next season - but cant see why it cant happen. Away at WBA this season we were kept behind at the end of the game or told to walk the long way round to avoid "meeting" their fans. If they can do it why not us.
  • Options
    Either Henry has had a quiet word in Pards' ear.

Or definitely, Pards logs on to Charlton Life.
    AFKA, what's his user name ? ;o)
  • Options
    Great Idea

No probs g fans apart a bit of mess and stewards the same as we have now when they only bring a few and the people with freebies go in there
  • Options
    I'll lose my seat!
  • Options
    But for the greater good Salad ;-)
  • Options
    the fans are allowed to mix once they get to floyd road/station anyway..

:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    why does Terry have to go and piss on our chips? (see comments)

don't worry mate there will be plenty of room for your anorak in the Jimmy Seed...
  • Options
    good to see pardew listening to me
  • Options
    the logistics for this to happen aren't that difficult when you think about it...you put the away fans in the south east corner of the east stand and segregate that stand using stewards and netting with advertising on it...the away fans could access the stand via the entrance they use now and make them walk around the back of the south stand...home fans could access the jimmy seed stand via the west stand entrance and, if the segregation could be maintained, the sam batram entrance....the valley was noisy place after we got back when we were using both ends for home fans despite there being a lot less of us in the ground...
  • Options
    i think the problem with that ltgtr is that we have no south east corner...
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Na put em in the west stand, they don't sing so no loss. Plus you would get more for 2 blocks worth in there, than the East.
  • Options
    Stick them in the sterile west stand, down by the south stand,using the segregation as suggested by ltgtr then they can use the same exit as they do at the moment, and the south stand can use the Bartram entrance/exit...easy as.....
  • Options
    and they go right by the old bill, so they don't have to go too far.
  • Options
    dont put them in the west stand, they'll be in full view of the tv cameras every time the play is down that end...it wont look good for us whether they are well supported or poorly supported with lots of empty seats...put them out of sight in the east...
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    its a fair point, then give eaststanders priority on st's in 'south', although the East is probably 2nd best acoustic to Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    Good article about it here

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=169
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i say put a few rows of seats in a bit like Gillinghams away stand around the scoreboard and leave them there and maybe one coloum in the east.

Couple of portaloos behind the scoreboard and a hotdog van and thats there lot.

Maybe a free pouncho if it rains
  • Options
    how many blocks would 2,700 (10%) be in the West?

Or you could give smaller clubs 2k of the East, if they sell that then a small section in the Jimmy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]dont put them in the west stand, they'll be in full view of the tv cameras every time the play is down that end...it wont look good for us whether they are well supported or poorly supported with lots of empty seats...put them out of sight in the east...

so put them in the East then, under the cameras and the main microphones, and appear 4 times louder than they are........
  • Options
    Move the sodding camera gantry to the West? and keep the microphones in the East? There...job done
  • Options
    na they like the biggest stand in the cameras, not sure the mics are localised in that way, haven't really looked though.
  • Options
    put them in the UPPER West
  • Options
    time for a re-jig then...
  • Options
    Ban away fans.
  • Options
    whilst we are at it......Ban the moaning fans too!

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]whilst we are at it......Ban the moaning fans too!

;-)

Good idea Tel except the ground would be half empty with all the moaning minnies we seem to have.