Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One good point from yesterday....

2»

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Come on PH, nobody is having a go at the swearing but shouting "AIDS" non stop and smashing the hell out of seats for no apparent reason is not on.

I swore a few times on saturday but some things are acceptable - others are not.

I purposely went to that area of the ground as it was the place with atmosphere and people were standing - unfortunately it became too much and i moved in the second half. And i'm a 25 year old who loves my singing and chanting but it was just way OTT.
  • Options
    Yes North London that was us. The seat breaking was pointless...some of the tirades making sexual references went way beyond a wind up.....I thought Id seen and heard it all mate. Chemicals and alcohol obviously dont mix too well....Kay stood and stared at him at one point and he couldnt look her in the face, I offered to swop places with her, but she was having none of it. Probably should have moved as AFKA suggested.
  • Options
    You're missing the point completely PH.

None of those bringing it up want sterile support, the opposite in fact, but what was being said and done next to us weren't on fella and overstepped the mark.
  • Options
    Maybe its a case of you had to be there eh? Swearing doesn't offend me at all by the way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Christ, swearing at football whatever next. Ever thought that it could not be a wise idea to take the family to games like Scunthorpe,

It is also a good idea to read first before jumping in, because not one single person has mentioned or complained anything about swearing.
  • Options
    PH

u obviously dont know me if you think swearing bothers me bud.

The issue i had is that when younger we all maybe went a little to far but normally if there was women and Children there we would have got a warning from one of the older lot.

this guy was a real problem and one that i didnt agree with.

We all enjoy the singing and the only way you can protect your kids is by not taking them but there has to be a limit and someone should have taken him in hand earlier
  • Options
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Come on PH, nobody is having a go at the swearing but shouting "AIDS" non stop and smashing the hell out of seats for no apparent reason is not on.

I swore a few times on saturday but some things are acceptable - others are not.

I purposely went to that area of the ground as it was the place with atmosphere and people were standing - unfortunately it became too much and i moved in the second half. And i'm a 25 year old who loves my singing and chanting but it was just way OTT.

You can take the man out the West Stand....:-)
  • Options
    Ha ha, very true Len!
  • Options
    The only thing that was worse than the match was these utter useless morons. I apologised to the Police and the Stewards and said that they were not representative of Charlton fans.

I was near the front of that section and it was constant movement with the stewards which completely interupted the flow of the game.

And yes I have just ordered tickets for Blackpool and I will be taking my 2 sons. And yes I like a beer and to swear occasionally like many fans. And I quite like to watch the football too.