Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One good point from yesterday....

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Despite a fair proportion of the faithful drinking some of the cheapest beer they have drunk in years, that a minutes silence, for a bloke they have never heard of, was impeccably observed by everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Jeez, is that the best you can come up with? Sounds like a truly shocking day out.

Well done to those that went.
  • Options
    would you expect anything else from us,we are proper fans!!
  • Options
    Off it, around £1.20 a pint mate.

You would of never made it home !!
  • Options
    Considering all the beering I thought the minutes silence was beautifully observed.

Shame the tribal chants from a small element of the CAFC fans were so childish.

Only decent song was ' Does your whippet no youre here'.

Looking forward to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on Friday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Off it, around £1.20 a pint mate.

You would of never made it home !!

Why do you think I never went?!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Peanut man bought a round of five pints and a pint of coke - for under seven quid!

When told the price, he said "I think you've got that wrong" and was truly taken aback.

He's onto Scunthorpe Estate Agents as we speak.
  • Options
    Addickted has many tales to tell of the life of the recently departed Scunthorpe player so honourably rememberd at yesterdays game.

If youre sitting round a log fire he will recount these tales freely to anyone who shows any interest.

nb The wine in Scunthorpe is very thin. Almost watery.
  • Options
    Was staggered how friendly the locals were.....went into the very busy Old Farmhouse pub where both sets of fans behaved like human beings......shame about the knuckle dragging seat breaking twat in the corner.....that wasnt support...Im a liberal bloke, but the vile abuse that poured forth in front of women and kids was inexcusable.
  • Options
    where were you tel i must have been pretty close to you.The seat breaker was just behind me.My littlen was pleased as when the players were warming up I asked Robbo if he could have one of the balls when they had finished and he duely obliged.I also managed to nip on the pitch and get one for Nth London Addicks son as well.
  • Options
    You were about 4 rows in front of Tel, Steve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was at Twickenham and bumped into a Charlton yobbo on the train home...;-)
  • Options
    Hi Steve, As AFKA said, you were just in front of me.....Kay and I were standing next to you when you asked Robbo for the ball ironically...didnt know who you were then of course....it was your kids who I really felt for.....shame we have that element around still, was like being in a time warp.
  • Options
    Tel I have instilled into him whatever he hears at football stays at football I would say it would have been very hard for me to stomach if my missus woz there.Apart from them did she enjoy it?
  • Options
    She thought the fat git was genuinely mentally retarded...and kept saying I really feel for those kids. She is a typical down to earth Aussie, nothing much fazes her. She said she really enjoyed the day out, but thought the team effort was really poor after last Tuesday
  • Options
    I said at the time what is the bloody point in breakin the seats.With regard to the ball he hasn't left it alone kickin against my newly painted front room walls and took it to his football match yesterday to show his mates.
  • Options
    He looked thoroughly delighted, Kay said she thought nobody had a chance of wrestling the ball away from him :-) Its nice touches like this that make the club a bit special in my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]With regard to the ball he hasn't left it alone kickin against my newly painted front room walls and took it to his football match yesterday to show his mates.

That's the thing Steve, that little touch from Robbo will be something that will probably hook your kid for life as a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Fair play to Robbo, shame about the other cretin. Just heard what went on and I have to say that sort of behaviour is not on.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]With regard to the ball he hasn't left it alone kickin against my newly painted front room walls and took it to his football match yesterday to show his mates.

That's the thing Steve, that little touch from Robbo will be something that will probably hook your kid for life as a Charlton fan.

Smudge he is already he eats,sleeps, breathes Charlton a bit like his old man.
  • Options
    who is robbo?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who is robbo?
    Mark Robson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who is robbo?

Hang your Head in Shame B :-)
  • Options
    Might not of heard of him, heplayed for us before we got promoted to the premiership

*runs like the wind* :-)
  • Options
    Tel i could have bought you a pint after all if we were that close.

That fat fella was an embaressment some of the stuff he was saying was just vile. I am all up for the nthn ribbing but breaking seats what was that about.

Tel was that you and your missus at the back

WSS who is Robbo my god man i will never be able to take your postings seriously again. I understand he may not have watched him play but he has been coach for well over a year.

Good to put some faces to names
  • Options
    sorry WSS i meant curb It
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]sorry WSS i meant curb It

No worries! Didnt think people tookmy postings seriously anyway!
  • Options
    i sat there racking my brains - could not think of who it was at all.
  • Options
    Sack Robbo as well! Frivolously giving balls away and making young supporters' days is clearly just another part of the masterplan to break our budget and stop us gaining promotion. I blame the Chairman.
  • Options
    ssh i did say that on the way home he will get his paypacket and find it minus 2 warmin up balls.
  • Options
    Christ, swearing at football whatever next. Ever thought that it could not be a wise idea to take the family to games like Scunthorpe, Palace away etc if people are likely to be drinking all day.

I do hope your day at Blackpool is not ruined by hundreds of "so called supporters" who are likely to be under the influence of alcohol.