Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Little Charlton, selling club, no ambition!

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Another CAFC crock of shite, so the above would appear to be true. how many players have left saying just that, 'no ambition'. Our manager builds a team around Reid (possible the most creative player in the division) and we then agree a fee with Chunderland. Even if Reid does not sign (personal terms etc) we did nothing to stop this happening, it pisses me off the amount of time and money I have invested in the club and they dont really give a toss. Talk is cheap its actions that define the ambitions of a football club!!

Comments

• AFKA - I'd rather you sink this rubbish than that other one...
  • as soon as Keane came in for Reid to add to his paddy empire at Sunderland Redi was never going to want to stay.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Another CAFC crock of shite, so the above would appear to be true. how many players have left saying just that, 'no ambition'. Our manager builds a team around Reid (possible the most creative player in the division) and we then agree a fee with Chunderland. Even if Reid does not sign (personal terms etc) we did nothing to stop this happening, it pisses me off the amount of time and money I have invested in the club and they dont really give a toss. Talk is cheap its actions that define the ambitions of a football club!!

Dont know you but in my opinion thats bollox. You have invested time and money cos you support a club and by the way there are a lot of people who have invested a hell of a lot more time and money than anyone on here so dont they have a right to make that decision?
  • So the board should have forced Reidy to stay, at a cost of 4mill, so Reid could then sulk and play for the reserved for the rest of his contract, he would then elave for nothing.

Great move.

Get a grip, the board are powerless when it comes to palyers wanting out.
  • I refuse to blame the club for anything over this.

More peeved that Murphy, Parker and Reid all didnt want to play for the club and saw the pound signs.

Reid being the worst example because he could be 4 months away from a nice pay rise.

That said, ive never been his biggest fan, so not bothered he is off.
  • Sorry Bibs, if you're gonna have (another) rant at the board, at least try and come up with some reasons people may actually nod along with.

Moaning about the time and money you've put in, compared to the time and money the people you are slating have put in, makes your argument look silly.
  • edited January 2008
    Hmm..interesting, say what you like about t*sser Jordan but he made Andy Johnson stay. So why cant Minty do the same with Reid? It sends out the wrong impression, hes our captain FFS
    BTW if 20k of us dont make that investment in time and money there wont be a CAFC anyway so I guess we all have a say or is that bollox too?
    AFKA, I dont make comments on this board so people can agree with me, they are my opinions, why start a forum if you dont want people to express an opinion?
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I refuse to blame the club for anything over this.

More peeved that Murphy, Parker and Reid all didnt want to play for the club and saw the pound signs.

Reid being the worst example because he could be 4 months away from a nice pay rise.

That said, ive never been his biggest fan, so not bothered he is off.

Curbs was often linked with Reid when he was our manager but nothing came of it.

I wonder why.
  • Hmm..interesting, say what you like about t*sser Jordan but he made Andy Johnson stay. So why cant Minty do the same with Reid? It sends out the wrong impression, hes our captain FFS
    BTW if 20k of us dont make that investment in time and money there wont be a CAFC anyway so I guess we all have a say or is that bollox too?

Maybe Jordan didn't want to leave?

The club could easily survive without the fans, Prem money far outweighs any income the fans bring to the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Hmm..interesting, say what you like about t*sser Jordan but he made Andy Johnson stay. So why cant Minty do the same with Reid? It sends out the wrong impression, hes our captain FFS

yeah but we won't get double the momney for Reid next season FAR FROM IT.

I telly uo what wait until the end of the season and if we don't go up then maybe your rants will be justified. If we do go up enjoy your free ST
  • Sponsored links:

• "The club could easily survive without the fans, Prem money far outweighs any income the fans bring to the club"

Yes thats right, give me strength, I've heard it all now!!!
  • He's a captain in name only. Holland is our captain and everyone knows it.

Jordan made Johnson stay and got £8m for him. We sold Bent for more than double.

Of course that last bit isn't rubbish, everyone has put in something and everyone is entitled to their view. But if your opinion is a lot more stronger than every other person's, and of a differing view to the majority, then you should expect people to pick at your point. Which is probably why you started it as a new thread rather than simply post on the other 9 ongoing Reid / Murray / Club related threads.
  • I actually agree with two out of three of Bibble's statements.

Little Charlton - well compared to Sunderland and any other prem club right now we are but it's not a term I would ever use about my club.

Selling club - damn right just like just about every club in the country. Even Arsenal sold my namesake to Barca and Liverpool sold someone to Juventus this week. Maybe only Man Utd and Chelsea are not selling clubs.

No Ambition - Just so far from the truth I don't know where to start.

And as Barts said we've all put money into the club but that was our choice just as the board choose to put something like £25m in various share issues etc.
  • Bibs. People invest in differant ways mate done they? some go everywhere. Some put in time 40 years etc, some are share holders, or started The valley party, or set up sites like this. Me i just give the benefit of my knowledge , wisdom and all round good guy thingy.

Reid gone over and out. CAFC still here.
  • Am I the only one not really blaming Reidy? After hearing the news I was gutted, but after looking over the FACTS I think the deal suits everyone. I don't think Reidy has asked to go, I don't get the impression he's thrown his toys out the pram, I think the club have been honest with him and he's taken an opportunity. I got no hard feelings towards him.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    AFKA, I dont make comments on this board so people can agree with me, they are my opinions, why start a forum if you dont want people to express an opinion?

Of course i want people to express an opinion, it would be boring if they were all the same. But i equally should be allowed to disagree with opinions exactly the same way as everyone else, no ?
  • sure Reid may want to go, doesn't mean he's gonna sulk if we don't let him - he may actually be a pro, reality is the club want to sell for that money.

regarding his wages, are Sunderland gonna pay more than his 25k per week or so here? Players like Reid and MBent didn't take a drop when the club went down.

the club are trying to live within their means, having said that I would prefer Reid to stay than bringing in Gray - and Pards hasn't linked the two in his statement..

In summary I am more than a little surprised/disappointed that the club are willing to let him go without a replacement.
  • I got no hard feelings for anyone as we simply don't know the facts.

The fact is with or without Reid this is CAFC, the team we love, so let's get behind the team and cheer em on to promotion, regardless of what the team is.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Am I the only one not really blaming Reidy? After hearing the news I was gutted, but after looking over the FACTS I think the deal suits everyone. I don't think Reidy has asked to go, I don't get the impression he's thrown his toys out the pram, I think the club have been honest with him and he's taken an opportunity. I got no hard feelings towards him.

It's called headhunting - happens all over the place .....

Anyway, have I missed something - has he actually gone, you know, a la James Walker to Southend????
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite] his 25k per week or so here?.

do you really believe his salary anywhere near that ??
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]

regarding his wages, are Sunderland gonna pay more than his 25k per week or so here?
    t.

I can't say what he was getting paid here but that figure is about as far wide as a Geoff Thomas shot at Wembley.
  • edited January 2008
    Afka the reason why I posted my thread is that, unlike some, I dont have time to read all the other posts. Also healthy debate is a great way to express ones passion so I dont have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions as long as thats OK with you???
    Henry - As I said that is how CAFC comes across, its all about actions, its how we are seen, "just happy to be in the Prem". In the world outside the small meetings in which you get your info (as informative as it is) we are seen as a club with no ambition, so as far as truth is concerned, that is how we are perceived, so to everyone else that is the truth!
  • I have to say the amount of Traffic generated on all the transfer theads shows me how much everybody cares about Charlton Athletic FC in their own way, some express it a little better than others. Re-affirms my view that we are the Best Club with the Best fans & less we forget that.
  • The King is Dead...Long live the King. Life goes on
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Afka the reason why I posted my thread is that, unlike some, I dont have time to read all the other posts. Also healthy debate is a great way to express ones passion so I dont have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions as long as thats OK with you???

of course it is, I don't understand the aggression, that's all !

You posted only three weeks ago when things weren't going well about how you were 'done with the club', boycotting games and slating the board etc which if you're someone like me who wants to trya and rally the troops a bit, is painful stuff to read.

Again, i just simply don't understand the extent of your ill feeling towards the board and Chairman.
  • NugNug
    edited January 2008
    Surely you can only be as ambitious as finances allow. I Think overall club are doing a great job, we've got a young exciting squad, who may or not get us up. If we do go up they'll then go about trying to add some quality players to get 40 points next season, that's the reality. Reid's a good player, ain't set the world alight before in the Prem and Thomas as talented as he is just has a bad attitude, we can all see that.

I for one am very excited about the next couple of years, we are the size of club we are, can't change that, wouldn't want to. Who give a sh*t what others perceive us as.
  • why no official news on Dickson I wanna know. He's seen on crutches at a game and that is reported on messageboards. Do the Club think no-one spotted him hobbling around.
  • Bibble, your opening post is almost as ridiculous as the dive you took at The Valley when i tackled you in the Football Aid match a couple of years ago!
  • [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]Surely you can only be as ambitious as finances allow. I Think overall club are doing a great job, we've got a young exciting squad, who may or not get us up. If we do go up they'll then go about trying to add some quality players to get 40 points next season, that's the reality. Reid's a good player, ain't set the world alight before in the Prem and Thomas as talented as he is just has a bad attitude, we can all see that.

I for one am very excited about the next couple of years, we are the size of club we are, can't change that, wouldn't want to. Who give a sh*t what others perceive us as.

Amen
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I got no hard feelings for anyone as we simply don't know the facts.

The fact is with or without Reid this is CAFC, the team we love, so let's get behind the team and cheer em on to promotion, regardless of what the team is.

well said, just reading the thread about the valley clean up makes you proud.