Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gray coming - update fee agreed

Comments

• Options
    Was hoping we would go for a mid field general type but guess we couldnt find one in our price range.

If we dont go up this year QPR , Ipswich and the 3 coming down will out bid us for everyone. Dont mean we wont get the players we want but just makes if even harder to get out of the Chumps League.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]If we dont go up this year QPR , Ipswich and the 3 coming down will out bid us for everyone.

just proves we'll have to try and do it the old charlton way then, get our business done quietly and early doors

look at who we beat off for darren bent doing exactly that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Yet again we are paying to much money for average players if 2M is correct. Burnley must be wetting their selves laughing all the way to the bank.

1M would seem more reasonable for a 30 year old player. The question is if he is so good to cost that sort of money why the hell has no one else come in for him when he was younger and in his prime.

The difference when we signed Mendonca & Hunt they stood out when they came to the valley as opposition to me this guy hasn't. If we do sign him I just hope he forms a good scoring partnership quickly and lives up to the inflated transfer.

What is the price for average players then these days, 'cause I don't f*cking know. There's more money sloshing around so the price for average players just seems to go up and up.
  • Options
    James Mcfadden for 5million !!
  • Options
    prices are always higher during transfer window and buying off your rivals. FACT.
  • Options
    radio lancs just reported gray is all but gone to charlton for 1.5 million and is unlikely to feature at coventry.

deal expected to be completed by end of the weekend.
  • Options
    sure????????????????????

Gray Good!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Aren't people basing his value in the premiership on his time at sunderland. They were on of the worst teams in the premiership until Derby came along this year. Give the bloke a chance I say we need goals!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Y
    The difference when we signed Mendonca & Hunt they stood out when they came to the valley as opposition to me this guy hasn't.

He might not have stood out for you, Eddie - but Andy Gray did score twice at The Valley, though. ;o)

The diffence between his team perhaps getting 3 points rather than one.
  • Options
    as far as I can recollect I've seen Andy Gray play against us maybe twice. I assume that if Pards is that set on him then he has had him watched ten or so times and knows what he's getting. Trust in Pards I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many games does he get before we can boo him.

Putting his age, price, birthplace and previous clubs into the boo-ometer I make it 3.5 games.

So no pressure Andy but score at Scunthorpe or else.
  • Options
    I think he should stick to SKY punditry myself...

:P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How many games does he get before we can boo him.

Putting his age, price, birthplace and previous clubs into the boo-ometer I make it 3.5 games.

hope he scores against Stoke otherwise I'll have to wait five weeks for the chance to see him score.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I think he should stick to SKY punditry myself...

:P

Do you think Pards realises which Andy Gray he's signing........ ? ;o)
  • Options
    If he comes then what happens to little Chris or Mcloud ? i thinkone will go back on short term loan.

I guess with very recent transfer history in mind we cant get to made up re this signing. Tarore , the wankerNow at Rangers, Tragic and Mcloud cost us £9/10 million total and we aint seen much back have we ?Even Reidy has missed half the games he could have played in.
  • Options
    IF this does go through i expect Mcleod to go on loan to somewhere at the bottom of the ccc, a team like Norwich would be ideal. hopefully he could recover confidence and damage our rivals.
  • Options
    Andy Gray's Career

Bombed out of Sheffield United.
    Bombed out of Sunderland.
    About to be bombed out of Burnley. At a cost of £2m.

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot bargepole!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]IF this does go through i expect Mcleod to go on loan to somewhere at the bottom of the ccc, a team like Norwich would be ideal. hopefully he could recover confidence and damage our rivals.

Norwich were hoping to hear by 2pm as to whether a player would be joining them on loan today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How many games does he get before we can boo him.

hope he scores against Stoke otherwise I'll have to wait five weeks for the chance to see him score.

WHY??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he comes that means that we would have 6 strikers when all fit. I agree with those who suggest that one of either McLeod or Dickson will go out on loan.
  • Options
    Todorov is out for the season and on a one year deal

my feelings are that he will have to do a lot in his rehab to prove he can come back to get a new contract

and if promoted, we will definitely never see him back
  • Options
    We'll not see Toddy again within his current contract - 1 year deal and he's out for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Agreed can't see him maintaining all six.

McLeod looks the odd one out to me.

Big decision this Pards. Goal scorer and a centre half were the priority. I'm warming to Gray having seen little of him, but is above what we already have ? We shall see.
  • Options
    No doubting his record in this div, and Prem can definitely wait. Guess the main aim now is for he & Varney to assume the target man + runner combo, but it's been nice having 2 athletes in the channels so I hope we don't abandon that plan altogether.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

WHY??

because I'm 'downunder'
  • Options
    re: the centre half option, as long as we can keep Sodje then I don't see a problem, my understanding was that he was off back to Reading while the Africa Nations cup was on as cover for whoever they've lost...this doesn't seem to be the case though.

On Gray, if it goes through then I hope I'm proved wrong and will be eating humble pie, but it really doesn't fill me with excitement !
  • Options
    Take A Bowl Son,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Is his song going to be

Andy Gray
    Andy Gray
    Andy Andy Gray
    When he hits the ball his bound to score
    Andy Andy Gray

or

Arc now here the covered end sing
    A King is born today
    His name is Andy Gray