Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

access to site

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Chris, that is help. My Safari on a Mac is running really well, but I've also fired up my Windows XP and it's IE that is dog slow (FF is good). It's to do with caching and browser support. Anyway, we're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks bing, that's also helpful. No one should *still* be having the php download problem; if they are, clear your browser cache press F5. Thanks for the support; Donations are still something we may well do, but not till everything is solid and everyone happy... Could you imagine the abuse had people actually contributed towards the site!!!!!!!!!! That scares me ;-)
  • Options
    Safari for Windows here. Never used it for Windows, but it's certainly great on a Mac and worthy of being at least an alternative on any home machine.
  • Options
    has it seemed improved this evening to people ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]has it seemed improved this evening to people ?

much quicker but content is still the same ; - )
  • Options
    Definitely quicker, but that could also be down to the lower number of users.
  • Options
    no, the number of users is definately not the problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]has it seemed improved this evening to people ?

As Mrs Irving said last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite] and everyone happy.

This is a CAFC board, that's never going to happen ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]

As Mrs Irving said last night.[/quote]

LOL
  • Options
    Its been fine today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Its been fine today
    lol
  • Options
    Best its been in ages.
  • Options
    It's not fallen over for me in the past 2 minutes, so thats a good sign!

I still get the free "php" download though. Whatever that is!
  • Options
    Lookie - For what it's worth, the one error message I was getting was a MYsql unrecoverable error about too many connections. Most of the time it's just been incredibly slow or not loading at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    sorted
  • Options
    Could not get on CL today till about 16.00, would just not load.
  • Options
    I couldn't get on at all this afternoon, but much better now.
  • Options
    My word you lot are an ungrateful bunch!!!

How did everyone get by before Smudge and Adam fixed this site up?

Well done lads anyway.

Unless of course everyone was messing about??? ;-)
  • Options
    No one will believe me, but today's outage had nothing to do with me or any of the issues we've been recently experiencing. Instead, today's calamity is down to a power outage at the datacentre at which the server is housed.

God only knows whatever is next, but if you know me, I wouldn't get too close. At this rate, I'm locked on for getting hit by lightening or mauled by a tiger.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

How did everyone get by before Smudge and Adam fixed this site up?

i wasted a small fortune playing on pokerstars so i'm prepared to sit and wait and left click a thousand times to get on the site....i'm very sad;-(