Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

access to site

edited January 2008 in Troubleshooting
Anyone having problems getting into the CL site today? i'm guessing yes due to low activity.

Comments

• yeah a bit slow
  • It was slower than a Redfearn turn earlier, but seems to have picked up now.
  • yes - in fact i have problems accessing more or less constantly these days. its slowly discouraging me to log on.. not that i contribute anything but just trying to read the gossip is such hard work.
  • The site has been a real dog to get into all day.

It's been taking so long to change discussions and several posts I've made have been lost.

I gave up for quite a while - and actually got some work done for a change. ;o)
  • Feed those hamsters Looky you cruel man!
  • It is very, very slow.

Even by Charlton Life standards... ;)
  • The actual technical reason for the system running slow is the Huge Moan overload it has suffered over the last two weeks. This problem will ease when the team wins a few games.
  • Thanks for the support peeps ;-)
  • booooooooooooooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Feed those hamsters Looky you cruel man!

LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Thanks for the support peeps ;-)

Up already ?
    I thought you would still be in bed, LoOky

Put another 50p in the meter, there's a good chap........ ;o)
  • Sorry if not supportive lookout but can you give us any update on if this is what we can expect from now on?
  • I really appreciate you putting this site together LoOky (& AFKA!) and I know it's from your own resources.....but
    it's been really frustrating during the last 24hours - much worse than for a while.

I don't think the problem is at my end because all other sites have been quick to load & sending emails has been fine.

Any tips to fine tune things - especially the long wait to access discussions & losing posts while waiting to send?
  • The site is still vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Its as though we are contacting America!

I'm also being asked to download a .php file - which I say no to and then the browser completely crashes - are you giving us a virus for free?
  • edited January 2008
    I'll let Lookout give a fuller answer.

All i can do is apologise for the erratic behaviour at present. Can assure you that no one is having more problems with it than me, and no one is getting depressed as much because of it than me.

We're currently enquiring on a couple of options to get it fully fixed.

Thanks everyone for your patience. If you are having what you believe to be user specific issues, please mail them to admin@charltonlife.com (note there is a problem with AOL addresses)
  • Maybe if we boo and moan about Lookie and AFKA they will improve. Well,that seems to be idea with players
    ; - )

it is slow and it is frustrating SOME times but when you get on there is stuff well worth the wait.

I would guess it is twice as frustrating for Danny and Adam who have always aspired to a high quality site in both design and content.

We love you Charlton Life, we do
    Oo, Charlton Life, we love you
  • Just an idea, but how about seeing if the Big Screen fish people can help?
  • Thought i was having a bad IT day. Already spent 2 hours puting a project into MsProject and didnt save it dohhhhhh !
  • Update: The site is very slow, but I think I have narrowed that down to people using Internet Explorer 5 and 6 who are having particular trouble. The site has it's problems at present, obviously, but these problems are compounded heavily by using these browsers, which are outdated and just plain evil ;-) I don't want to blame IE (5/6), and I know some people can't help but use what is on their (work) machine. If your browser is downloading the php files instead of displaying them, then that is a remnant of an upgrade to the server on the weekend. If you are still having that issue, clear your browsers cache and load the Forum by pressing F5. This is a simple trick that may work for you, or at least ease some suffering!

If you can, try another browser. I am using Safari on a Mac. If you can upgrade your browser, do so.

In the meantime, things are in progress to bring a more pleasurable experience ;-) But it takes time to narrow down and sort issues, so I do appreciate your patience!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not even the Big Screen fish people can help, they'd be out of their depth!
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Not even the Big Screen fish people can help, they'd be out of their depth!

Try the Wide Mouth Frog.....!
  • What the f**k is that all about ? and yes i have unplugged it turned it off and turned it back on(love that when an eight year old IT consultant tells me that). No wide mouth fish, frogs or f**k all fell out did notice a few "IT people" talkingBollox tho.
  • Lookie, I am using IE 7 & it is also very, very, very slow on that. Not just IE 5 & 6 I'm afraid.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Lookie, I am using IE 7 & it is also very, very, very slow on that. Not just IE 5 & 6 I'm afraid.

Yep, I'm on IE 7 (work laptop) and very slow also - although better than a few days ago.
  • I've found the site better this afternoon than it was this morning. Keep it up Lookie! people are all too quick to complain when it goes wrong but not give encouragement when the hamsters are fed enough to keep it going! :-)
  • I'm using my work pc to access the site and it seems fine. It's a black one, if it helps.
  • If it's any help at all i'm using Safari on a mac and it's been fine all day
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The actual technical reason for the system running slow is the Huge Moan overload it has suffered over the last two weeks. This problem will ease when the team wins a few games.

LOL - quality!!
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]If your browser is downloading the php files instead of displaying them, then that is a remnant of an upgrade to the server on the weekend.

Had that problem but it went away.

Have struggled today to get on with both IE7 and Firefox. At present FIrefox is working quite well/fast.

Lookie, the offer is still there to chip in with some funds.