Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Emo v Chav

CHGCHG
edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
Which part of the modern young society do you least dislike.........

Comments

• Options
    I've never ever felt threatened by a 16 yearold with a floppy fringe, Black tshirt and eyeliner who writes poetry about unrequited love and suicide... besides My Chemical Romance, Miles to Mars and Panic at the disco have written some good ditties. So Emo over Chav anyday
  • Options
    Yeah, totally agree, I have recently heard and or seen a lot of anger towards the emo mob, but they tend to keep themeselves to themselves, whereas chavs on the other hand........
  • Options
    OK, I'll be the one to ask.

WTF is an Emo?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]OK, I'll be the one to ask.

WTF is an Emo?

Glad I'm not the only one....
  • Options
    You're so hip and with it, Henry!

My Chemical Romance and Panic at the Disco are terrible in my opinion. There IS (surprise surprise) some good emo around.... Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday...
  • Options
    EMO - Emotional Punk, follow bands that Chunes and T have previously mentioned.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]EMO - Emotional Punk, follow bands that Chunes and T have previously mentioned.

Thanks but what do they look like?

Come on, I want a list of the top ten current youth tribes with discriptions of hairstyle, clothes, music, drugs of choice, who hates/gets on with who etc.
  • Options
    Give me Led Zepp and Pink Floyd any day of the week
  • Options
    They love black, hair black, clothes back, faces pale with black make up, you get the theme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Give me Led Zepp and Pink Floyd any day of the week

I'd rather have My Chemical Romance and Take Back Sunday, who I've never heard off over those two : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Emo - "soft goths" as my friend's 16-year-old daughter describes them. They tend to get bullied by chavs for being soft and emotional, poor things. My sister is a little bit Emo but does try to deny it. They all seem to have hair dos that must take an age to get right every morning. They don't seem to cause much bother, unlike Chavs, so I have nothing against them, they are a bit geeky though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]They love black, hair black, clothes back, faces pale with black make up, you get the theme.

So what's the difference between a goth and an Emo. Who are the geeky kids I see in Bromley with huge baggies and metal belts, System of a Down T-shirts and long black hair who try to look disaffected but I know live in nice middle class houses and do their homework religously.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And they tend to look constantly sad. Though many like spongebob squarepants. Self-abuse is quite in, too.

If you do a google images search I'm sure you'll recognise em.

Plaaayer is emo.

Henry, they're what you'd call 'metallers' rather than goths. People who like nu-metal rather than the good old stuff. Nu-metal is almost entirely complete crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]And they tend to look constantly sad. Though many like spongebob squarepants. Self-abuse is quite in, too.

If you do a google images search I'm sure you'll recognise em.

Plaaayer is emo.

Henry, they're what you'd call 'metallers' rather than goths. People who like nu-metal rather than the good old stuff. Nu-metal is almost entirely complete crap.

This is great stuff. Sad old man I know but I love this stuff. Come on, feed me more.

So we have

Emos
    Chavs
    Goths
    Metallers

Who else?
  • Options
    Indie Kids..........my favourite if you want to know!
  • Options
    Emo - Middle class posh kids raging with hormones hormones acting like the Goths of our youth. Writes Poetry, Long Floppy fringe, black T shirt, listens to MCR, probably a lip peircing, wears eyeliner (thats the boys) likely to say "Tabatha can your father drop us off at Brixton Academy to see MCR in the Range Rover on Sunday yah?!"

Chav - Tracksuit, baseball cap, hoodies, Staff bull terrier attached to puchchair of their second child with strange name, haircut short with tramlines cut into it, mobile phone attached to ear, listens to pirate radio stations and UK Grime, R&B, Hip Hop. Most likely to say "innit"

There are loads more to be honest Henery. Channel 4 identified 20 which include: Indie Kid - into their music, Fashonistas - Little Miss Top Shop, Townies - the mainstream
  • Options
    Then you get the hybrids. Especially Chemos and Chindies. Rare, but when you meet them, an excellent find.

There's a new type around but I'm not sure what they're called. People like my mate scroobius pip, dressed in cords with indie colouring but with massive beards. And like that Lightspeed Champion bloke on youtube.
  • Options
    Emos and Chavs are the same thing just with a different uniform they are both as rude and obnoxious(sp) as each other. I ran an emo over the other day (on a pushbike) simply because she was getting in my way on purpose. That is chav behaviour.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Emo - Middle class posh kids raging with hormones hormones acting like the Goths of our youth. Writes Poetry, Long Floppy fringe, black T shirt, listens to MCR, probably a lip peircing, wears eyeliner (thats the boys) likely to say "Tabatha can your father drop us off at Brixton Academy to see MCR in the Range Rover on Sunday yah?!"

Chav - Tracksuit, baseball cap, hoodies, Staff bull terrier attached to puchchair of their second child with strange name, haircut short with tramlines cut into it, mobile phone attached to ear, listens to pirate radio stations and UK Grime, R&B, Hip Hop. Most likely to say "innit"

There are loads more to be honest Henery. Channel 4 identified 20 which include: Indie Kid - into their music, Fashonistas - Little Miss Top Shop, Townies - the mainstream[/quote]

Yeah, sums it up nicely.
  • Options
    beardoes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top stuff T - Got it now, or as much as someone of my age could ever do.

Got a link to that Channel 4 list?
  • Options
    Give me Teddy Boys, Sudeheads, Skins, Mods, Punks, Rockers and Casuals any day of the week..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Give me Teddy Boys, Sudeheads, Skins, Mods, Punks, Rockers and Casuals any day of the week..

What about Soul boys, jazz funksters, natty dreads, hippys, greasers, grebos, hippies, two tone, northern soul boys.

Any more?
  • Options
    Hells Angels?...do they count as its really the name of the gang...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Hells Angels?...do they count as its really the name of the gang...

yeah, they count.
  • Options
    I go to the university of Sussex and I can tell you there are more middle-class up-themselves hippies then you would ever believe.
  • Options
    Ravers - sort(ed) of the earth!
  • Options
    oi what about beirdoes, its like weirdoes but wirth beards and weirder!
  • Options
    Scag Heads?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]oi what about beirdoes, its like weirdoes but wirth beards and weirder!

That's not a tribe, MCS, that's just you! : - )