Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What has been your best sick note excuse.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I'm not proud of it, but in my very naughty days I got a text on a Friday about 12 to say that the, erm, goods had arrived.  I got him to phone in to our admin line to say he was my neighbour and somebody had broken in to my flat. My manager told me I'd better go and sort it out.

I did.

Several Mondays off with "flu" later I was invited to resign in exchange for two months salary.

I did.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    More recently I had a senior manager who insisted that we "call them back and make them do the sicky voice" if someone did anything other than called in and spoke to us in person.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I'd had a night with a young lady, & in the morning wished that it would continue.

Facing a day calling bingo, I decided that I'd rather spend the day with a young lady, rather than tons of old grizzly ones,  so I called my work, told them that a mate had slipped on a chilli in a kebab shop & hit his head, & that I had spent the entire night in A&E with him, & that I wouldn't be fit to work because I'd had no sleep.

I ended up using it many a time for myself, & my brother. Always got a lot of sympathy, especially if it was one of the women bosses at the bingo club who took the call.
  • Options
    don't take days off sick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Days off sick are for wimps especially when you work for foreign institutions. I smashed my tib and fib once over a weekend and ended up in hospital. The bank I was working for at the time was informed on the Monday morning and couriered some documents for a big loan to the hospital that they needed me to check.
  • Options
    I worked at a place where if you were off (sick!.?) it was pretty necessary to phone in in the morning to let everybody know, and for arrangements to be made.
    One fellow worker sometimes wouldn’t come in with narry a word or call.
    His argument was he didn’t have a phone (those were predominantly landline days) installed and he was too ill to struggle to a phone box.
    He was absent quite a lot.
  • Options
    Still convinced nobody will ever have a better sick note than the bloke I posted about fourteen years ago (FOURTEEN FUCKING YEARS 😳) - who was mauled by a leopard... 
    I think he meant a cougar after a night in the millers.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    A mate of mine sadly no longer with us tried to pull a sickie from school because he had discovered his brothers grot magazine stash and wanted some "Matthew time" 

Went downstairs with sad eyes and told his mum, a lovely woman who is also sadly no longer with us and said he had a tummy ache and did he have to go to school. His mum took sympathy on him and told him to go back to bed. 

Matt does exactly this, grabs smut mag pulls duvet over his head and begins violently thrashing one out assuming his mum would be out the door on her way to work having heard the door close. 

He is then interupted mid-thrap by his mum loudly saying "MATTHEW, IF YOU ARE WELL ENOUGH TO DO YOU ARE WELL ENOUGH TO GO TO SCHOOL" 

Bless her, she had gone to leave for work, opened the door, felt bad for poor tummy ache Matt, closed the door and had brought him up a mug of hot ribena 

* thrap

Definitions

from The Century Dictionary.

• Nautical, to bind on; fasten about:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    don't take days off sick
    Really made me laugh this
  • Options
    Stefco said:
    I'd had a night with a young lady, & in the morning wished that it would continue.

Facing a day calling bingo, I decided that I'd rather spend the day with a young lady, rather than tons of old grizzly ones,  so I called my work, told them that a mate had slipped on a chilli in a kebab shop & hit his head, & that I had spent the entire night in A&E with him, & that I wouldn't be fit to work because I'd had no sleep.

I ended up using it many a time for myself, & my brother. Always got a lot of sympathy, especially if it was one of the women bosses at the bingo club who took the call.
    I hope it didn’t hinder your promotion prospects.  
  • Options
    Days off sick are for wimps especially when you work for foreign institutions. I smashed my tib and fib once over a weekend and ended up in hospital. The bank I was working for at the time was informed on the Monday morning and couriered some documents for a big loan to the hospital that they needed me to check.
    Indeed, had a role many years ago in financial markets where all the important stuff had to be done first thing in the morning. You did not miss it.

played football on a Sunday, going for a header I landed awkwardly. Got worse as Sunday went on and become apparent Sunday evening I’d fractured my wrist. Without the IT of nowadays, too late to arrange cover for next morning so loaded up with painkillers, got to work at 7am Monday as expected, did the 90 mins work needed then told my boss I’m off to Guys. He said why, then nearly fell off his chair when I rolled my sleeve up to show him my heavily swollen wrist. Like hell I’d do that nowadays! 
  • Options
    Pulled a sickie back in the Prem days, for the game where Talal scored a last min free kick (Blackburn?). Karma got me though and a week later got quite ill and ended up with Tonsillitis. 
  • Options
    I used to work with a lovely lady who had a difficult home life & used to take a day's sick leave every couple of weeks. 

She must have been running out of excuses on the day she called in to say there was a snake in her kitchen ! 

Said she was frightened to death and couldn't stop shaking.

This was in Dartford.....in January.
    You sure it wasnt an innuendo from her?
  • Options
    I used to work with a lovely lady who had a difficult home life & used to take a day's sick leave every couple of weeks. 

She must have been running out of excuses on the day she called in to say there was a snake in her kitchen ! 

Said she was frightened to death and couldn't stop shaking.

This was in Dartford.....in January.
    You sure it wasnt an innuendo from her?
    She should have said it was a rat then followed up with "what am I gonna do?"
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @DaveMehmet probably has a whole list of excuses that I came up with when we worked at Channel 4. It wasn’t the job I hated, it was him.