Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blue Boots McLeod warms up - GAME OVER

2»

Comments

• Options
    At the moment, the Valley crowd is the 12th man for the opposition, and it's painfully different from the millennium season were the support would be 12th, 13th and 14th man, who stayed with the team when games were tight and niggly.

The support is a disgrace at the Valley
  • Options
    BTW, if this team had no bollocks, they wouldn't have won with 10 men at St Mary's and the KC, wouldn't have won at Ashton Gate, or be 3rd in the league.

We're playing with fear at the Valley
  • Options
    I agree Rothko. It is reflected in our home/away form.

I am in the get behind the team whatever camp.

I am sure the team feels the mood when we get nervous, they get nervous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]BTW, if this team had no bollocks, they wouldn't have won with 10 men at St Mary's and the KC, wouldn't have won at Ashton Gate, or be 3rd in the league.

We're playing with fear at the Valley

Spot on Rothko!

I might even start cycling on the strength of that!:-)
  • Options
    Whatever peoples views are let's look at yesterday,after 8 minutes we left their centre forward to have a free header from 8 yards out,not good but not the end of the world.However after 13 mins we let their midfielder have a free header from six yards out.Do we not feckin learn,now I'm all for cheerin the team on but please be honest peeps what was your reaction Carter,Rothko etc come on the truth please was it tally ho chins up lads never mind or was it that is F**kin criminal to let it happen a second time,I know what mine was and I'm honest about it.Yes chaps in an ideal world it would be great to let it go over our heads,but I care passionately about this club and sometimes I feel the players don't.I was asked today by someone why I was goin to Cardiff after the past 2 performances.My reply was I love the club,notice I said club,some players I friggin detest as they don't care of give a toss for C.A.F.C. (an accusation which can't be labelled at Matt Holland who came round and applauded the fans yesterday,he could do that as he knew he had given 110% and although I didn't agree with his inclusion in the side,I respected his commitment).Now a few of you are diggin Falconwood out,well after discovering who he is,let me tell you he has earnt the right to have his opinion via some snotty midweek away games in the bad distant past so I think he like everyone is entitled to his opinion whether I agree with it or not.Finally for those of you on the moral high ground, let me say used to be like you, no matter what the result I was up for the next match meet early beers before and after a game or have the meet ready for the train for the next away game again loads of beers.Then other priorities take over Mortgage,Marriage,Kids,only one full time earner in the family,you take the kids with you so you can't get lashed up before and after.If in a few years you have the same carefree attitude to shite performances then you are a better man than me coz I expect more for my hard earned money to the pile of shite served up this week.
  • Options
    You're right Steve I was cursing the schoolboy defending on both of the goals from crosses. How the fuck does it happen once letalone twice.

What gets on my tits though is people on a players back when he hasn't in my view done much wrong and earned us 3 points against Norwich. The poor sod must be rock bottom in confidence and for no fair reason. You are also right about priorities, I've got a fat mortgage and can't really afford to be going to the games I go to but do because I love the club. And I took the last two on the chin as I did when we lost three on the spin shit happens. What I can't abide and perhaps my view will change as I age is people really aggressivly running things down. We are fourth and in a healthier place than I thought we would be at this stage so I'm not overly concerned.
  • Options
    Trouble is mate we have a lack of home grown talent at the club,to get the crowd on side.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Trouble is though NS Steve, when the crowd turn hostile on the team it's negative stuff and it flattens the energy of the place. It turns a setback into a mountain to climb.

Fans attacking their own team is exactly what the OPPOSITION wants and it lifts their game.
    The Charlton crowd then effectively becomes the opposition's 12th man.

You're entitled to your views of course - but doesn't our crowd see they are making our team's situation even more desperate & difficult?

In any case, would you or anybody else want to work in front of people who are constantly moaning & abusive?
  • Options
    I just dont get some of this.

We were relegated from the Prem after a season of upheaval and 3 different managers. The team has been rebuilt following the sale of our best player and we have drastically had to change things to cater for the financial reality of the Championship. Of the 2 other relegated teams one is 5 points ahead and one 4 points behind. Our team is made up of players who were either relegated from Prem with us (or not getting a game in Prem teams) guys who are used to the Championship, some who it is a level up from what they have been used to and some who are a bit long in the tooth. Yes we lack some home grown talent but we are hardly alone in that dept.

And we are 4th with just over a third of the season gone.

We are not Arsenal for fecks sake. But I guess some think we should have wrapped up promotion by now.

What we have to remember as fans is that we are competing with other fans who will be really getting behind their teams. Plymouth, Ipswich, Wolves, etc. Of course everybody is entitled to their opinions and I respect those who differ but I fail to see how the negativity shown on here is going to help the team. Perhaps the Boards season ticket offer was a mistake as well.
  • Options
    Rothko you come out with platitudes but didn't answer one of my points.

"i'd rather lose by 4 to a decent team like arsenal than by 3 to the sh*t that's been beating us..."

Sums it up for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good don't come back all season the Valley will be a better place without you whinging fans might leave the rest of us to get behind the team that want to SUPPORT the team.

As Ian Holloway said at Leicester he wants the supporters to support the team not JEERERS who jeeR the team after 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Since we have had our new talismanic defensive midfielder (non-tackling) restored, we have shipped five goals - are people on here still prepared to rush to his defence? Iwelumo won barely anything in the air and had the ball under his control only once in the match - I don't want to watch it lumped up to him anymore, it's not funny and it's not clever. I'd rather watch paint dry. We need Semedo back and start playing clever footabll on the floor, to the lively Varney and McLeod (who has good movement) or Dickson as from next month, otherwise we will drift into mediocrity.
  • Options
    i don't think mcClown get's any grief at the game , it's only a few peoples opinions on here , myself included, who don't think he's up to much.
    i don't think the fans showed too much disgust towards the team on saturday verbally, just in silence and leaving the ground early but the crowd did get behind the team for the early part of the second half when we were all over them b4 millsy had his rush of blood...
    positivity/negativity on here imo doesn't make any difference to what happens on the pitch cos if it did we'd have stayed up last year and i don't think anyone on here will turn negative at the ground cos they've read someone else's view on whatever
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Since we have had our new talismanic defensive midfielder (non-tackling) restored, we have shipped five goals - are people on here still prepared to rush to his defence?

Holland your scapegoat then mate? What about Plymouth? What about QPR? He didnt play in either of them.

I thought Holland had a semi decent game and he was going in pretty hard for challenges. Totally agree about Iwelumo though, i feel sorry for him to be honest. Teams know what we are going to do at free-kicks, corners etc etc.

He does win things in the air but he is getting no support from anyone and the ball is falling harmlessly at the feet of an opposition player and he gets caned for it.
  • Options
    To anyone who knows me they know I support the team vocally & never leave early. However, I am not completely blinkered in my support of the team & Saturdays performance was Un-acceptable in my opinion. Sheff Utd I could take as it was just one of those days, Saturday was abysmal & I cannot think of a single positive thing to say about it. Feel really down & think our Manager has to have a real re-think as to how we play from now on.
  • Options
    iwelumo for such a big man seemed too easily out muscled on saturday and was pretty inaffective for the whole game...
    taking varney off instead of big chris seemed odd to me
  • Options
    I didn't think the performance on Saturday was good enough, but it doesn't suddenly mean this team is rubbish or not good enough.
  • Options
    fcukin hell kets it was as bad as i thought for u to say that.
  • Options
    Just like to add though, that we could and should have got it back to 2-2 on Saturday.

My biggest is problem is midfield, as we're a bit one paced there, and that shows by trying to overplay it a bit for people to catch up play.

Iwelumno has gone from hero to villian in two weeks as well I see
  • Options
    I just think Iwelumo is being used to much as the big fella up front when a lot of his best work is on the ground.

If in doubt lump it up to him. I dont actually think he is that great in the air for his height.

Maybe by playing Varney or Mcleod we will get the ball forward quicker. We have a very quick side when we play Thomas and Sam with Zheng in the middle. Varney makes some good runs but its all too slow to get the ball to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was really frustrating on Saturday. When we did get the ball down and play it around them we were opening them up, why then do we once again resort to lumping it up to Big Chris' head? Their back four was almost exclusively made up of slow, big lumps - why didn't we get Ambrose, Reid, Varney running at them and played in behind them more?

I don't blame Big Chris, can't fault his attitude or what he's done for us so far but think we need to change the way we play. If we had anyone else worth bringing in then I'd like to see Iwelumo dropped, unfortunately I don't think that that's the case (not digging out McLeod, he's clearly a confidence player without any confidence, anyone who doesn't get behind him at games clearly doesn't have the best interests of the team at heart, however in my heart of hearts I just don't think he's going to be up to it). In which case Pardew needs to get hold of them and tell them how to play. Lumping it to Big Chris is OK in some instances but they should be the exceptions not the oh so predictable norm.

I think another striker needs to be a priority in January as we just don't have enough options, with Todorov gone we don't seem to have another way of attacking.

That said I thought Varney had a good game on Saturday and would like to see him given a run in the team.
  • Options
    Not sure about McLeod yet but I like Varney.

It would have been interesting to see the two of them up top on Saturday, not because I think Big Chris is rubbish but as it wasn't working for him.

If you do play Varney and McLeod than you would have two players with pace so the balls would have to be over the top to run on to or the passing would have to have been a lot better not lumped up for them to win in the air.

And you might get a penalty!
  • Options
    I agree. Wouldn't mind Pards experimenting a bit to that effect. As I said, unfortunately my gut feeling is that McCleod's not going to be up to it in the end but let's at least give the kid a chance to show us what he's got, and while he's having his chance, let's get fully behind him - one thing's for sure, booing him won't do any of us any good.

I'm not so anti booing the team AFTER a really bad performance (not that I really do so myself) but booing individual players is bang out of order.
  • Options
    yer i agree but is was ok with Rommendahl though let's be honest.