Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blue Boots McLeod warms up - GAME OVER

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
As soon as he started to warm up they gave him an Orange bib.

Did they think he was the car park attendant??

That was my cue to sod off home. I'm not wasting my time watching a clown with BLOODY BLUE BOOTS thank you.

Back indoors at 5.10pm and am not going back til the Colchester game as I have had my fill of that nonsense and need a break, as it is just plain BORING.

Much more of this old cobblers and there will be a modern day reminisance class down at Bluewater every Saturday, with sad blokes lumbered with the missus and kids walking round nodding at the familar faces. . . .

Not sure Pardew knows what to do either :o(

Comments

• Options
    watch the players warm up before the game.......when all the strikers take shots at randolph watch how many mcleod gets on target. i notcied 2 today.....1 went in and 1 was at randolph. and he must have taken a good 20 shots
  • Options
    That's the spirit! Third in the division, let's all claim we're doomed!
  • Options
    What Charlton need is more fans like you.

Oh, wait. Not turning up at all is probably the best thing you can do for the team.
  • Options
    How can you blame a player who didn't get on the pitch until the 82nd minute? Some of our so called supporters need to have a long hard look at themselves. The boo boys couldn't wait to get started today, could they??
  • Options
    sorry pete i've listened to the get behind the team brigade,it's time at home the players stand up and be counted!!
  • Options
    i wanted mcleod on earlier actually

you won't be missed falconwood
  • Options
    i dont rate him but we needed another forward and I wanted him on and Pards not to substitute another forward,cant believe he took varney off feckin brainless
  • Options
    i agree NSS and why 78mins gone til the first substitution???

not only did we need changes and were still battling for the points on offer today

but also, we played last tuesday and now have a MASSIVE long trip to cardiff on Tuesday - surely we could've freshened up and sent a message to the bench that we at least had a little faith in them?
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i agree NSS and why 78mins gone til the first substitution???

Sounds like he's copying one of our previous managers.......

I didn't go to the valley today for obvious reasons and so can't comment first hand but I really can't understand to the degree people are moaning. Yeah we've conceded 6 in two games at home but then we had won 4 in a row before this. As I said before this division is a rollercoaster ride and must be a way better experience than watching us concede 4 rather than 5 past Arsenal. Anyone who expects us to cakewalk this division after the upheaval of last season and the pretty much completely new team and is living in cloud cuckoo land.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i agree NSS and why 78mins gone til the first substitution???

Sounds like he's copying one of our previous managers.......

I didn't go to the valley today for obvious reasons and so can't comment first hand but I really can't understand to the degree people are moaning.

With respect VA, had you been at the last 2 games you might.

The biggest disappointment for me is that we have conceeded 6 goals in the last 2 games but the oppersition, which in my opinion has been pretty average, haven't had to work for any of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think that's fair BDL. The thing is that both Sheff Utd & Burnley worked their socks off to win those games. They battled us all over the pitch & never gave us any room at all. They may be average teams but they are also extremely hard working teams.
  • Options
    I'm not saying that they haven't worked hard but you have to admit we really have gift wrapped goals for both of them.
  • Options
    Rightly or wrongly, people's expectations are different now.

As fans, we are sh*t. If the players are looking at us to inspire them and be the 12th man, we'll its not gonna happen. Its down to them to sort it out.
  • Options
    AFKA's right, for some reason we are s*it fans, 1-0 down in the seventh minute and everyone gives up on them! Falconwood you wont be missed with that attitude mate, seeing a good few thousand leave when the third went in really pissed me off. I thought McLeod should have been brought on at half time to be honest, the bloke hasnt had a chance! I still have a feeling that Zheng is the problem in the midfield and maybe its worth leaving him on the bench on Tuesday. As for the bloke who shouted and swore at Holland at the end, and said he was half the fu**in problem, you are a sad sad man.
  • Options
    Part of the problem is that like a few seasons ago all the CRAP has been at home, I am lucky I missed QPR, PLymouth and Sheff Utd so I was positive about how we have been playing, the team I go with have been sayong how poor we have been.

Today was the first time I have seen it (and the first time my son has seen us lose) we had pocession without any end product, no speed or urgency in movement, no one who really concerned them, I thought ZZ had a good game as did Weaver not sure about any of the rest....
  • Options
    I think Stu has the same opinion as me, we have some closet complete and utter scumbag cocks yidos in our ranks, how on earth would you feel if you were Izale Mcleod at the moment and as a 12th man we are fucking disgraceful. Ambrose and Varney pleasantly surprised me today but a point may be taken for how lightweight we are in the centre of the park and how much people only realise Semedo's worth when he's not there (similar to when Kish was absent). Reidy and ZZ are a class above this division and no two ways about it but I am getting a distinct whiff of what I am christening 'Gerrard and Lampard' syndrome.

And again to get my dig in at the 'fans' that could not wait to get on the teams back. You are a bunch of cocks and the whole stadium is better off without your muggy too keen to boo mouths.

Am I unfashionable in turning up to SUPPORT the side??
  • Options
    Spot on post Carter. These people will never help the team (even if we're winning a lot of em), or make home games a fun experience for anyone.

Wankstains the lot of em.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Spot on post Carter. These people will never help the team (even if we're winning a lot of em), or make home games a fun experience for anyone.

Wankstains the lot of em.

It's a shame we seem to be in the minority mate.
  • Options
    Bang on, Carter. Every bloody last word.
  • Options
    Agreed, it's pathetic. I'm not at the games to see how we're playing but the attitude of so many to McLeod sickens me. It's in such contrast to when Jason Euell first joined us. He had a bad start too, I think he went something like 12 consecutive starts without scoring but every time he had a scoring chance, the crowd were willing him to put it in the net. Every miss was met with disappointment but not abuse. We kept on getting behind him and encouraging him and lo and behold, once he got that first he never looked back – three seasons as our top scorer.

In McLeod's case it seems he's being booed from the off, despite not having a run in the team. What chance has the poor lad got?
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite] people only realise Semedo's worth when he's not there (similar to when Kish was absent).

Unfortunately a large number of people never managed to figure out how important Kish was to the team. The service and dedication he gave to Charlton is even more impressive when you consider the abuse he got.

Strange thing about yesterday is that both my Dad and sister, who have always been less blinkered and biased than me when assessing our performances, said we played really well apart from not putting away our chances and with a bit of luck (and the ref) on our side we would've beaten them comfortably. Seems to totally contradict what a lot of people are saying on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My expectations haven't changed.

The football has and it is very very dull and predictable to watch, if you think otherwise good luck to you.

Yeah 3rd in the league and I'll see you all at Cardiff eh?

Thought not.

Although hiding on here, sending messages to each other is 'supporting the team' I suppose. . . .
  • Options
    I think you guys are right.

Are we getting like Newcastle fans. A bit too high level of expectation and short termism? Does it come thru to the players who are then nervous and dont play to their potential at home.?

I havent booed or left early but I may have become a little quiet.
  • Options
    Falconwood 1

Will you please tell me which other team has played more exciting football than us in this Division. Plymouth looked Ok in parts and so did Barnsley. All the others have been simply solid, hard working and taken advantage of our mistakes.

I am not saying at times we have not been boring hoofing it up to Iwelumo but its not fair to say we have been boring compared to our opponents.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I couldn't give a toss about other teams mate.

They are 'simply solid' and yet we are simply *inept* at breaking *very* average teams down.

Pardew said we have now become accustomed to the physical side of things.

Biggest load of b*llocks I've ever heard. Half of our current team don't have the heart for a battle and that is what will keep us playing teams like Burnley et al next year.

As for humping it up to Iwelumo. He barely won one header yesterday and yet we still persist in doing it. V Zzzzzzzzz.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]Agreed, it's pathetic. I'm not at the games to see how we're playing but the attitude of so many to McLeod sickens me. It's in such contrast to when Jason Euell first joined us. He had a bad start too, I think he went something like 12 consecutive starts without scoring but every time he had a scoring chance, the crowd were willing him to put it in the net. Every miss was met with disappointment but not abuse. We kept on getting behind him and encouraging him and lo and behold, once he got that first he never looked back – three seasons as our top scorer.

In McLeod's case it seems he's being booed from the off, despite not having a run in the team. What chance has the poor lad got?
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]people only realise Semedo's worth when he's not there (similar to when Kish was absent).

Unfortunately a large number of people never managed to figure out how important Kish was to the team. The service and dedication he gave to Charlton is even more impressive when you consider the abuse he got.

Strange thing about yesterday is that both my Dad and sister, who have always been less blinkered and biased than me when assessing our performances, said we played really well apart from not putting away our chances and with a bit of luck (and the ref) on our side we would've beaten them comfortably. Seems to totally contradict what a lot of people are saying on here.

I don't think people weren't booing McCleod, they were booing the decision to take off Varney when Big Chris really should have been the one to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

As fans, we are sh*t.

seconded...... b4 yesterdays game we had sold just over 300(fair play to each and everyone one of them) for cardiff , says it all really for a team in the top four, our support is f***ing sh*t

[cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite] As I said before this division is a rollercoaster ride and must be a way better experience than watching us concede 4 rather than 5 past Arsenal.

i'd rather lose by 4 to a decent team like arsenal than by 3 to the sh*t that's been beating us...

i think we have the players to get us up from this slump but do the players have the heart for the battle and does the manager have the ability to get the best out of them, time will tell...

as for the clown he still managed to miss an easy chance when play had stopped imo he doesn't have the heart or ability for the battle and pardews reluctance to bring him on when the situation was crying out for a fresh pair of legs up front speaks echoes of his views on the blue booted one...

still it's much more exciting in this league!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Any criticism of McLeod is well out of order in my opinion. He hasn't had a chance yet to show what he can do. Coming on in the 82nd minute when we are 3-1 down and playing pants is hardly a time to assess his value to the team. He came on against Narwich and showed what he can do and in other cameo's he has at least shown that he knows the route to goal. It's easy to criticise him, for example, for beating three Coventry city defenders before shooting striaight at the keeper but at least he gave it a go and goes for goal. Many of our 'strikers' in recent years wouldn't have got past even the first defender.
  • Options
    Spot on Large. Those that criticise McLeod are way out of line. Give the poor guy a chance.

I feel the same way about those who whinge on about Ambrose. He is a talented young player (still only 23), but needs his confidence boosting. The abuse he was getting from those around me yesterday was shocking to hear.

Too many of our supporters don't seem to really understand how football works. Players like Reid, who push themselves into centre stage far too often, get all the plaudits even though too many of their passes or free kicks are actually woeful. The hard working players like Semedo, Ambrose & Kish do the important stuff & just get abused for their efforts. I do despair at how badly our crowd treats decent, hard working players.
  • Options
    Erm, I'm an Ambrose fan myself... but saying that Ambrose does the unseen, "important stuff" is stupid. He's a winger, not a defensive midfielder.

And I thought he had an excellent game yesterday.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ambrose is not really a winger though, is he? He does his best work through the middle. Some of his best moments yesterday were when he was playing those clever through balls for Varney & ZZ to run onto. This is what I am referring to when I talk about the unseen, important stuff that Ambrose does. Yes, Kish & Semedo play(ed) in a different position but it is not just defensive midfielders whose good stuff goes unseen.