Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

whats better playstation 3 or xbox 360

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
not sure what one to get
PS3 OR XBOX

Comments

• Depends what you're into really. If you're really into your games, like shooters and into online play with your mates go for the 360. If you're more into some 'lighter' games want a home entertainment hub that does blueray movies, games and somewhere to keep your digital photos music etc... then go for the PS3.
  • 360 without a doubt
  • PS3 all the way...
  • Have always been a Playstation man previously but went for the Xbox as it was cheaper and had more games at launch.

Absolutely love it and would defo recommend it to anyone, Pro Evo 2008 has not been out of the damned thing yet.
  • I have a 360 for the last year and I have 3 mates who have both and they're always online with the 360 on Halo or Rainbow 6...
    ps3 is great technically and graphics wise, but was about a year behind on games developement... until now. Depends how christmas goes really... what games people are into etc.

I'm gonna stick with my 360 as xBox-Live (a download market place) means you'll be able to get movies and tv shows in HD. I don't think that Sony are that far in developement for a similar market place like it.

Plus if you want blueray etc in the future you can get the drive and bolt it on to the xBox.

In summary, current games online are more established and fun with xBox, as tyhere's more of a community and RROD doesn't really come up anymore.
    However, ps3 has an entertainment centre already in place but not a good enough online marketplace for downloading stuff, as yet. They could introduce one at some point to equal/better Microsoft.
    Its a reall toss up if your making the decision now.
    Maybe ask your mates what they have as it may well be that you are getting it to play them online....!?!?!?

errrm. slightly rambling, but I hope it helps.
  • Ps3.......

stunning...
  • Call of Duty 4, on the PS3, is the best game I've ever played. End of.
  • How about kiss-chase at school?..
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]How about kiss-chase at school?..

Medders couldnt catch any of the other boys, so didn't care for kisschase much.
  • I once gave myself concussion playing kiss chase - when the girl I was targetting moved out of the way at the last minute and I barrelled into the wall behind her...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]How about kiss-chase at school?..

Went to an all boys school, so not an option!
  • im not having this............................

PS3
    ONLINE awsome and free unlike the xbox.

GRAPHICS far superior to the xbox I've played my mates xbox nowhere near competes with my ps3

BLUE RAY stunning picture quality and FREE. Unlike the xbox where you have to pay £120 for and add on drive to play hd dvds (con)

And in the answer to the year behind the xbox debate. Sony held back a year to tweak the overall performance of the machine. They didn't rush it out like the xbox and that's why thousands of xbox's are still getting sent back due to overheating FACT

Of course people with xbox's are going to say its better because they have one. I Know 3 people who have toshed theres in for a ps3.
  • If you're hardcore, PC gaming is far better than any console.

You can hook them up to your tv and have 4 player split screen action just like on a console. Online gaming is far better on a computer, likewise the entertainment center thingy. Games are much cheaper as well, you can download them all for free!You can also download full length films and what not as well. The only downside is the inital cost...
  • ....And the Uber geekness of neededing to upgrade your machine every 5 minutes to play the latest software. Or having to download drivers for your new graphics card to find it's not compatable with the game you want to play with anyway! Then finding a server to play on thats not full of people using 'l33t sp34k' only to find getting your arse kicked as you're playing someone with a faster ping time than you!! :-) Although Age of Empires 3 is up there with my favorites!

Both are great consoles, i think Fazza has it pretty much nailed!
  • Don't bother getting new grahics drivers, they only make things worse! As for upgrading, isn't that what people are doing when they buy a ps3 to replace their ps2? Only the serious tech nerds upgrade more regually that that.
  • I have both the 360 and PS3 and my PS3 gets all the gameplay at present.

I have always been a Playstation chappie (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3) but I thought I would give the 360 a chance as I wanted to try next gen gaming before the PS3 was released.
    I admit I was very very impressed with the online capabilities of x360 and the ability to communicate within games is fantastic (this is sadly lacking on PS3)
    The games themselves were visually beautiful (though I was running it through chuddy scart I think) and the sound superb (digital audio through a Denon home cinema).

All in all the X360 is a superb machine but it is blighted with problems (such as red ring of death)

Once I got my PS3 I was initially a bit disappointed - there were not many games and none were spectacular. the brilliant Motorstorm aside the majority were rehashed PS2 games from what I could see.
    A few months passed and the PS3 became more disappointing - still no in game communications or quick game invites. Still games were coming out on Xbox long before PS3.
    Games for PS3 being put back
    HOME for Ps3 being put back
    PS Network had sloppy updates.

At this point I was playing more xbox than PS3

Now however this has changed. I got Tiger Woods (not bad), FIFA 08 (PS controller is far superior to XBOX for these types of game), Assasins Creed, COD4 and Stranglehold.
    Whilst these games are available on both formats I will always buy them on PS3 and I am not at all disappointed, not in the slightest!

From what I can see there is not a lot between the machines in terms of graphics, sound, gameplay etc etc - both are fantastic pieces of kit - but the PS3 looks smarter, has better connectivity, wireless (for free) and does not sound like a hovercraft sitting in the corner of your room (this totally ruined Gears of War for me as there were times when you are trying to stealth about and the Milennium Falcon in the room ruins the ambiance!)

I know I have rambled a hell of a lot there but this is something I have discussed with a lot of people and PS3 wins every time for me.

PS - Some awesome games on the horizon.....Rock Band, Uncharted : Drakes Fortune, Timesplitters.

It will be a happy christmas in the swisdom household
  • Call of duty 4 on the 360 is also the best game I have ever played. Gears of war is pretty spectacular as well.

I myself am in a bind because i've always been a pro evo man and can't wait to play the new one, but on an xbox 360 controller...

Sacreligious.
  • timeSPLITTERS...one game im sure medders will be in the que for! ;-)
  • I just browsed this as I was bored but Swisdom, what on earth is 'red ring of death'?

If it's what I think it is then you poor sod! And I hope you have thrown your computer away.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I just browsed this as I was bored but Swisdom, what on earth is 'red ring of death'?

If it's what I think it is then you poor sod! And I hope you have thrown your computer away.[/quote]

Red ring of death is when all the lights on the X360 light up in a red circle - this indicates a mortally wounded Xbox. The good news is Microsoft will replace it for free (since there have been many many thousands suffer this fate) provided you have not chipped your machine. Sadly this take a few weeks

I have not had a RROD as yet but I am sure it will follow shortly!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]timeSPLITTERS...one game im sure medders will be in the que for! ;-)

Right, I'm getting Fight Night now...
  • You Ok, Trev?
  • Gameboy vs Game Gear? 
  • Medders said:
    Call of Duty 4, on the PS3, is the best game I've ever played. End of.
    Still true
  • You Ok, Trev?
    He's never been the same since Netaddicks went... Still living in 2007!
  • Just trying to boost my lol count.

I think it worked. 
  • Playstation has always been the better console at every generation. 

Microsoft owning so much of the gaming market will make things interesting in the future though. 
  • Playstation has always been the better console at every generation. 

Microsoft owning so much of the gaming market will make things interesting in the future though. 
    Id argue that the 360 just edged the PS3 in the 7th, although the Wii technically won in terms of sales. 

In every other gen where there was a Playstation, yep it won out. Often by a huge margin.