Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Save Us

2»

Comments

• I always thought that the Czech's consume the most beer. Anyway I'm getting over England's exit already and am already looking forward to watching the competition without us. Will I drink less beer? Probably.

I hope the Dutch find a good home in Floyds Algarve. Me first memories were of that 1974 WC too.
  • Yeah, fraid so Rothko, also got Milwall, Brentford, Orient, Chelsea, Fulham and Barnet, we are happy to put any signed shirt up, have been promised Bolton and Wigan in the near future too.

I am not in any of the pictures, just one of the wife groping Robbo and her heart throb, Graham Stuart...
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]http://stats.brewersofeurope.org/stats_pages/beer_cons_per_capita.asp

Unfortunately Perry may well have to break out the lederhosen & schnitzels if the above figures are true.

We are a Dutch bar for Euro 2008. Several reasons.

1) First major tournament I remember was WC 1974, and the Dutch were brilliant then, and I supported them after Scotland went out - ditto in 1978.

2) I have always liked them as a nation, and unlike most of the rest of Europe, they quite like us.

3) After the Brits the Dutch bring the biggest number of tourists here.

4) The two hotels on our doorstep have gone from having Brits to Dutch as their main guests in the past couple of years.

5) Eric, our barman is Dutch.

As for the drinking survey, that's just about beer, believe me taking all alcoholic drinks into account, the Brits and Irish outdrink everyone else by a country mile!

Good on you Algarve - I'll let any Dutch mates that might happen to go out that way to give you a visit.
  • Perry, just noticed this thread.

Hope to get back again next year and will pass the word around.