Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kudos to Andy Fordham [UPDATE: RIP]

Comments

• Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but he was the world darts champion wasn't he? So what's he doing managing pubs? Surely there must be some money in endorsements, prize money etc etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]has he got an season ticket to show that nasty pub manager to get in?

I'm guessing there's more to this but i go there before every home game and haven't had to show my ST once this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Excuse my ignorance, but he was the world darts champion wasn't he? So what's he doing managing pubs? Surely there must be some money in endorsements, prize money etc etc

He has always run a pub.
    Think it was The Rose in Dartford when he won world title and before that a pub in Woolwich. He 'only' won the BDO title (shown on BBC) and the money on that tour is a lot less than the SKY / PDC circuit. Plus his ill health meant he was unable to do exhibitions or enter many tournaments.
  • Options
    how do you change football clubs?
  • Options
    easy - | used to support Man UTD because my dad does, and we went to all London games and Old trafford 3-4 times a year as well but also to the odd Charlton game as we lived in Dartford.
    Come 1984 when 13/14and old enough to get train on own/with mates, started going to more Charlton games. Soon my affinity to Charlton became greater than that to Man Utd.

So, that is how I changed clubs.
    At least it was not to support a glory boy team and even Man U were crap when I supported them.
  • Options
    this is closer to home,my mums side are from rotherhite but im not changing,your either millwall or charlton there is no inbetween ,lacks substance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]has he got an season ticket to show that nasty pub manager to get in?

I'm guessing there's more to this but i go there before every home game and haven't had to show my ST once this season

i'm sure thats the case, but in the past i always found him far too aggressive to friends when we used to drink in there every week, when friends used to come to matches with us (charlton fans or neutrals) they were refused entry. we stopped going there a couple of seasons ago because of that. it was also a nightmare to move around as everyone congregates by the door and he didn't help loitoring in the doorway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]easy - | used to support Man UTD because my dad does, and we went to all London games and Old trafford 3-4 times a year as well but also to the odd Charlton game as we lived in Dartford.
    Come 1984 when 13/14and old enough to get train on own/with mates, started going to more Charlton games. Soon my affinity to Charlton became greater than that to Man Utd.

So, that is how I changed clubs.
    At least it was not to support a glory boy team and even Man U were crap when I supported them.

bloody hell.
    replace the 'dartford' bit with eltham and that is my football supporting history.
    may be a bit earlier going to games on own/with mates. was when simonsen signed.
  • Options
    Oggy, I notice you used to play for union in the woolwich league in the 80s, I reffed them a few times back then, before I wanted to start playing again. I think it was probably the shocking standard of teams I reffed that convinced me I should be playing.
  • Options
    I have just read that he has passed away. Only 59. RIP. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep.
    May he RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Andy.
  • Options
    Played him a few times in Blackheath Newbridge WMC. Nice bloke. 

RIP
  • Options
    Always came across as a nice bloke. 
    RIP
  • Options
    Legendary darts player RIP Andy 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    RIP seemed a genuinely nice guy 
  • Options
    @AFKABartram can you alter this to (sadly) an RIP thread title please 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that. Didn't know him but he was a friend of a friend who thought the world of him. I know he was Millwall but he lived in Charlton. 
  • Options
    Sad RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    Very sad. Really nice man and a fans favourite in the darts. RIP Andy The Viking Fordham 
  • Options
    I knew Andy reasonably well through our joint support of Rangers and the Cutty Sark in Thamesmead, decent guy, so sad.
  • Options
    Last time I saw him was at big Duncan's funeral. 
    He had a lot of respect for Charlton despite calling himself Millwall. 
    RIP big man 
  • Options
    RIP big man 
    Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people at a funeral 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    RIP big man 
    Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people at a funeral 
    Me niether