Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

marcus bent

edited October 2006 in Rumours
says in notw that marcus bent is wanted by birmingham for £600,000. also in the hunt are preston.
hope its preston and we can do a deal that brings nugent to us.
also says we are intrested in richard wright along with watford and leeds.

Comments

• thatll be another load of money down the toilet.... what was it 2 mil... 2.5.... even if its on appearances we will be opperating at a loss AGAIN on this player when he leaves.....
  • yep. and a case of 'i told you so' posts on net addicks from everton fans.
  • 'i told you so' posts on net addicks from everton fans

Added to which there'll be plenty from those of us who were sceptical about his ability in the first place.
  • I didnt get to the match on wednesday night against Bolton but I was told that Marcus Bent had a great game - I was a little sceptical of this but the Everton fans were saying when we signed him that he puts in one good match a season - I guess that was it for this season so we might as well off load him and take a loss.
  • [cite] paulbaconsarnie:[/cite] hope its preston and we can do a deal that brings nugent to us.

Whilst i agree PBS- to be fair- with Preston 2nd in the Championship and us where we are, maybe he may want to see the rest of the season out at Preston or another premiership side?

Re M Bent- never been impressed.. A Curb's signing made under pressure to appease the fans.
  • M Bent had a great game against us for Ipswich when we won 3-2, so may times managers of long standing seem to go back for players who have had a stormer against them, Lawrence did it all the time and so did Curbs to a lesser extent, even Furguson has done
  • [cite] paulbaconsarnie:[/cite]says in notw that marcus bent is wanted by birmingham for £600,000. also in the hunt are preston.
    hope its preston and we can do a deal that brings nugent to us.

Read that tonight - frankly, I'm amazed anyone's offering that much. Bite their hands off!

(Wasn't he on a two-year deal?)
  • you're forgetting this is the NOTW !!

I don't think we have seen anywhere near the best that Marcus has to offer, but even taking that into consideration, he has been a wrong signing, at the wron time, at the wrong price, none of which i particularly blame him for.
  • Here are his career stats:

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/20000000000000000000019577.html

Two things that are obvious - one is the number of clubs over a short career, -other than Brentford he hasn't stayed at a club for more than one and a half seasons. Secondly, he has a poor overall return goals/games scored - something like nearly one for every 4.5 games, his return in premiership games seems to be worse - roughly one every six games, so if he plays the entire season for us that suggests around 6 0r 7 goals. A poor return considering the price tag and the lack of options upfront.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought he had gone to AFC Wimbledon, obviously not.
  • he'll still be shit in that league
  • http://lesrosbifs.net/2011/11/former-everton-ipswich-town-and-sheffield-united-striker-marcus-bent-moves-to-indonesia/
    Funny that we're not mentioned in the title of the article but the picture is of him when playing for us!
  • Also on the website. lee hendrie was in indonesia for a season. dident know that.

Now he's at Daventry town. Where Mark Kinsella is manager. dident know that either.

http://lesrosbifs.net/2011/10/lee-hendrie-former-aston-villa-and-stoke-city-man-signs-off-in-indonesia/

• I love that this thread was started in 06 and only has a handful of posts
  • Recycling will save the planet : - )
  • think it says something about MB although no doubt there is another one really slating the useless overpaid canute..
  • http://lesrosbifs.net/2011/11/former-everton-ipswich-town-and-sheffield-united-striker-marcus-bent-moves-to-indonesia/
    Funny that we're not mentioned in the title of the article but the picture is of him when playing for us!

Same as when Paul (Ex-Chelsea & Celtic) Elliot is mentioned.
    Recycling will save the planet : - )

Oi: I definetly started the "Recycling" threads !
  • I love that this thread was started in 06 and only has a handful of posts
    Probably because, uniquely on CL, M.Bent is someone everyone agrees about!
  • I hate recycled threads - I like to think that I'm reading something current :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate recycled threads - I like to think that I'm reading something current :-(
    LOL. me too. When reading the first one I thought "why on earth would we be interested in Richard Wright?".
  • Gutted we're not resigning him , he took gave so much to this great club.
  • Also on the website. lee hendrie was in indonesia for a season. dident know that.

Now he's at Daventry town. Where Mark Kinsella is manager. dident know that either.

http://lesrosbifs.net/2011/10/lee-hendrie-former-aston-villa-and-stoke-city-man-signs-off-in-indonesia/

Saw them both at my local side Biggleswade Town a few weeks back. Daventry lost 4-0  
  • edited November 2011
    Borneo is a long way - but still not far enough , for my liking.

I see he is going to be playing for a side called Mitra Kukar. I reckon with Marcus up front,  they're about to get even more kuk.

Saw them both at my local side Biggleswade Town a few weeks back. Daventry lost 4-0  

Before powell took charge i thought kinsella would be a good choice in manager. Thought he and steve brown or powell doing a curbs/gritt role could be good for us.

Would not of been a good choice. still who knows, maybe with powell, but powell seems to be doing alright by himself.

• how can someone with so little talent still be making a living out of football? What have the Indonesians done to deserve this.
  • edited November 2011
    Saw the title of the thread at the top of the page and felt the urge to post 

C***!!!

Apologies.

• Before powell took charge i thought kinsella would be a good choice in manager. Thought he and steve brown or powell doing a curbs/gritt role could be good for us.

Would not of been a good choice. still who knows, maybe with powell, but powell seems to be doing alright by himself.

What on earth convinced you that Kinsella would have been good choice as a manager ? True Legend as a player but ....?
  •  

Before powell took charge i thought kinsella would be a good choice in manager. Thought he and steve brown or powell doing a curbs/gritt role could be good for us.

What on earth convinced you that Kinsella would have been good choice as a manager ? True Legend as a player but ....?

Thats about it really. bit like having powell. untested. though i was saying kinsella would of worked with someone else alongside him like powell.

Just thought cheeper option for the club, try something a bit differet instead of having all these english journeyman managers. have someone the club actually respects. either that or get some foreign manager in. which might of worked, as long as he spoke some english. any choice would of been a bit of a gamble. as was the choice they made with powell.

• according to Wikipedia Bent was realised from his contract on 17th April so he is available again .

I think we will pass on that one.