Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam appeal - FAILS

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've said it elsewhere but I cannot believe no account has been taken of the fact that another Hull player PUSHED Lloyd over onto Ashbee who then lashed out.

Lloyd then defended himself.

I could have accepted a "2 yellow" one game ban because if you stretch a point he retaliated but a 3 match ban when you have effectively been fouled twice with the initial trip then, once you're up, the push?

Very very harsh.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I've said it elsewhere but I cannot believe no account has been taken of the fact that another Hull player PUSHED Lloyd over onto Ashbee who then lashed out.
    [/quote]

I understand it was one of the main points of our clubs defence. But obviously got dismissed.

At the end of the day, Sam got stitched up by the ref, and the league felt obliged to back him as there wasn't categoric evidence to prove him wrong, despite there being no evidence to categoric back him.
  • Options
    If the FA had any common sense, there'd be a fairly obvious difference between retaliation and defending yourself. If they were both upright and Sam was giving back as good as he got, that's retaliation. If someone's got you on the ground in a headlock, it's a natural instinctive reaction to try and get them off before they throttle you, and even a wimp like me'd be thumping the guy (OK so it'd be more like flailing around wildly, and if I did any damage it'd be more luck than judgement, but the point still stands). For him to get the same degree of ban as Ashbee just makes a mockery of the disciplinary system.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]If the FA had any common sense, there'd be a fairly obvious difference between retaliation and defending yourself. If they were both upright and Sam was giving back as good as he got, that's retaliation. If someone's got you on the ground in a headlock, it's a natural instinctive reaction to try and get them off before they throttle you, and even a wimp like me'd be thumping the guy (OK so it'd be more like flailing around wildly, and if I did any damage it'd be more luck than judgement, but the point still stands). For him to get the same degree of ban as Ashbee just makes a mockery of the disciplinary system.

I'm afraid you lose me when you include the words "FA" and "common sense"...;-)

I have no doubt that what you say is right: that retaliation is different to defending your self. You know it, I know it, my 8 year old lad knows it. The FA know sweet FA. I just think the chances of them overturing the decision of the Ref, the man on the spot is just not going is zero unless he realises he has made a mistake, or they realise he's sent off the wrong bloke. It just aint going to happen. At least they didn't consider the appeal to be frivilous.
  • Options
    There was a major incident here and the referee is running scared that it will be considered that he lost control.
    So far, the FA have simply backed the referee's report without properly examining the issue.

You just wait until the FA do investigate the brawl.

2 or 3 of our players will no doubt be served subsequent 3 match bans for 'intervening'.
    The Hull player who ran at and attacked Sam from behind will, of course, escape censure.
  • Options
    bitter over swett FA:
    http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2706-Chelsea-Arsenal-European_Football-Completely_Bitter_over_Sweet_F_A_-071007
  • Options
    The strange thing about the court judgment is that nobody including Charlton cannot disclose the reason why it was thrown out of the high court.