Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam appeal - FAILS

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
according to my friend at the FA. 3 match ban stands

Comments

• Options
    i'm sorry but i can't see what he did wrong, he just get's wrestled around , did anyone see him throw a punch or anything??
  • Options
    Just gone up on the OS.

Cue more moaning and gloating from Hull fans
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam definitely suspended for 3 matches after FA decided that all VICTIMS of foul play must be suspended also.
  • Options
    What blind bunch of spinless tossers came to that conclusion!!! Oh yeah our fa! I'm not suprised we always seem to get the shitty end of the stick every time we appeal anything.
  • Options
    Absolute shite, I don't know why we bother.
  • Options
    "landing several blows on the head and upper torso" of Ashby according to the ref.
  • Options
    What with...his back.Where is the video evidence of that then other in that simpleton of a referee's mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"landing several blows on the head and upper torso" of Ashby according to the ref.

I reckon he did defend himself. Unfortunately in football retaliation is punished as severely as assault.

Just wait for the Pardew touchline ban to follow once they investigate the 'brawl'.
  • Options
    So the appeal was not deemed frivolous then ? Don't think we have come out of this one too bad :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"landing several blows on the head and upper torso" of Ashby according to the ref.[/quote]

So basically a case of the ref says he did it, the club say he didn't. There is no real video proof either way therefore the FA take a view that the ref was right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do you remember when shearer elbowed fortune and got sent off at the valley , lino gave the decision, the video evidence was inconclusive and the geordie muppet got let off...where's the justice ffs
  • Options
    Come on, how many of you actually thought that it would be any different?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]do you remember when shearer elbowed fortune and got sent off at the valley , lino gave the decision, the video evidence was inconclusive and the geordie muppet got let off...where's the justice ffs[/quote]

I thought that he got away with it because after he politely explained to the ref that he would never do such a thing the ref said he would rescind the card before the FA got a chance to do anything.
  • Options
    It's a shame they don't have a "citing" system as in rugby.

They could then punish the Hull player who pushed Sam on top of Ashbee which meant he was forced to defend himself.

Kangaroo court! We knew it would be!
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam didn't use physical abuse - he sang the incest song. Unfortunately the Hull player that fouled him had the number 9 shirt on - a very impressionable number and so the referee in line with common decency sent Sam off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Come on, how many of you actually thought that it would be any different?

Actually thought he would get off with it..................stupid I know!
    It must have been the jab and uppercut that done for him.......
  • Options
    The return match should be a bit lively(my birthday),if they play my money is on Lloyd to score first goal and Ashbee to have some attention shown to him by Messrs Mills,Fortune,Bougherra..not that i'm advocating any violent retribution you understand.
  • Options
    Dave

bougherra and fortune couldn't fight sleep let alone give it to another player. Now Mills is a different matter
  • Options
    As far as i can understand, these were the key points in Charlton's case:

* The player disputes striking the player at any stage, with no TV evidence to the contrary
    * Ashbee kicks the player three times
    * A 2nd Hull player pushes Sam into Ashbee and onto the floor
    * When all the on-rushing players part, Ashbee is still holding Sam
    * The position of the referee and the assistant would off been completely obscured through the incident
    * Ashbee remains aggressive at the end of the fracas, showing no signs of being struck

The referees case would of been that he personally saw Sam land a number of blows to the chest and head of Ashbee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The referees case would of been that he personally saw Sam land a number of blows to the chest and head of Ashbee.

If that's the case, would Ashbee not have some sort of visible bruising to those areas?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    exactly
  • Options
    It just doesnt make any sense at all :(
  • Options
    Crazy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]exactly

but you can bet your life the FA didn't ask to see it...
  • Options
    If thats the case it can only mean one of two things.
    1)The referee is a liar
    2)Lloyd Sam punches like a girl! :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Dave

bougherra and fortune couldn't fight sleep let alone give it to another player. Now Mills is a different matter

We'll have Thatcher back by then as well..... ;o)
  • Options
    It didn't surprise me in the slightest.

Here is an account of my one experience with an FA disciplinary committee;

Match - During a physical encounter against a team that for some reason was spoiling for trouble, an opposing forward came at me with his studs knee high, I was fortunate enough to be able to dodge the attempt, but turned and let him know what an arsehole he was, (with added expletives).

As a result it all kicked off and several of their players and fans set about kicking anything that moved. Of course there was retaliatary stuff from our side, but I was underneath several players and couldn't even get a swing or kick away. One of our players had his nose broken and suffered concussion without any prior involvement in the incident.

The Referee who was well away cowering on the other side called the game off and came over to us after it had all settled down to give his support and as a 'POLICEMAN!!!!!!!' would support any legal action that me or my friend wanted to take regarding GBH charges.

However he stated that regrettably he had officially sent us both off for being involved in the incident, (apparently we discovered at the insistence of the other team). When we challenged this he went very coy and wouldn't respond. We subsequently found out that by the time he sent his report to the FA and to justify his action he charged me with throwing the first punch and starting the whole thing and my friend for being the second player in the fight against one opponent. Which was complete and utter garbage.

At the hearing we were allowed right of reply but they basically accused us of lying as the Referee's report must have been correct, despite the availability of independent eye witness accounts. We were charged acordingly with a fine and suspension.

To add insult to injury we then witnessed them paying the Referee expenses for turning up.

Basically and in my opinion, the FA are too scared to censure inept Referees because they fear this would prevent further people from becoming Refs which is a real problem at grass roots level.

The FA, I wouldn't piss on em, etc etc etc.
  • Options
    Slight aside, but we had a referee last season who stopped the game to offer out someone on the other team. Had completely lost it and had to be held back by three of my players. Absolutely hilarious. I wouldn't mind but the player hadn't even given him that bad verbal.
  • Options
    the fa are absolute c***s, there's just no two ways about it, how on earth is that worth a 3 match ban?
  • Options
    I was at the match but too far away to see what happened clearly. Looking at the wonderfully detailed and lengthy TV coverage of the incident...cough, cough, it was difficult to tell although Sam just looked like he was defending himself but thereby stands the problem. Defending himself is known by the FA by a different word - retaliation- pure and simple. Pards appealing the card was just his way of establishing his bond of solidarity for his player and his team. There is no way he expected the appeal to be successful. It's just his man management. He needs to be careful though and not side too far with the players otherwise he could find it bites him on the bum like it did at Wet Sham.