Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome Thomas arrested

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
LINK: Jerome Thomas was arrested for allegedly hitting a girl in the face with his elbow in a drunken brawl (and locked up for 8hrs)

In case you don't have access to The Sun website from work ....
Ace 'hurt pizza girl in brawl'
By JAMIE PYATT .... September 11, 2007

SOCCER star Jerome Thomas was arrested for allegedly hitting a girl in the face with his elbow in a drunken brawl.

Liverpool ace Jermaine Pennant was also at the pizza takeaway bust-up. Charlton Athletic star Thomas and Pennant, both 24, tried to jump the queue after a night out.

Another customer told them to go to the back — and a scuffle broke out as Thomas left the shop in Bournemouth, Dorset. The girl, who is not being named, said: “Thomas’s arms were flailing. I got his elbow in the face, which really hurt.”

Police were called and a female cop wrestled the midfielder to the ground. He was nicked for assault and banged up for eight hours, then released without charge.

The blow is thought to have been an accident. Bystanders said “steaming drunk” Pennant had tried to calm the fracas.

Comments

• Options
    1. Why is out in Dorset?

2. With Pennant?

3. Just why?

What a nob.
  • Options
    embarrassing..... i mean surely he should be getting a kebab!
  • Options
    Bournmouth?

Not exactly "A-list" is it?
  • Options
    Bournemouth has a pretty good club scene going on down there
  • Options
    Getting too big for his boots imho.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]1. Why is out in Dorset? Why not? He's not a prisoner.

2. With Pennant? Grew up together through the Arsenal Youth team - friends then, still friends now.

3. Just why? Went for a Pizza take away, got recognised, easy bait.

What a nob.

Exactly. Should know by now that he's going to be recognised, jostled and wound up.
    And if he's going out for the night, best to keep a low profile.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    DEM BAD BWOYZ!

Pretty tiresome reading this sort of rubbish really. Whether or not he's actually done anything wrong, I'm begining to think that we might just be better off all round without him and the circus he seems to be a part of (as a clown, no doubt!)

It's a shame, but I really don't think we've got room for big time charlies in our squad at the moment.
  • Options
    I say he's been let off by the police so it cannot be that serious. None us knows what happened or what was said, these things happen in late night take aways all the time and dont make headlines, let the club call him in have a chat with him find out the truth and trust there judgement.

All this sell him/ he is big time charlie stuff seems all little over the top to me
  • Options
    I don't know why people expect so much from footballers...???

They aren't selected for their brains

They are mainly overpaid, young, with too much time on their hands, under a fair bit of pressure from many directions.. and the media trot out this bunkum that they are somehow role models for society.

Derrrr!
  • Options
    why is it mainly young english (and tbh - black) players that get into all this crap?

you never see the young foreign lads behaving like this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't suppose Thomas or Pennant themselves want that sort of attention, either.

But they should have learned by now that they are an easy target - and whatever they do or say is going to be magnified and splashed across the papers.
  • Options
    Yeah, SE10, cause White English players would never get drunk in a hotel near Heathrow today 6 years ago, making jokes about planes hitting buildings when loads of American tourist are there?
  • Options
    Not JT's first brush with the law either - wasn't he arrested after a row in a club about 3 years back?
  • Options
    Agree with Razil but I am pretty sure club won`t find this funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I say he's been let off by the police so it cannot be that serious. None us knows what happened or what was said, these things happen in late night take aways all the time and dont make headlines, let the club call him in have a chat with him find out the truth and trust there judgement.

All this sell him/ he is big time charlie stuff seems all little over the top to me

I don't doubt that there was absolutely nothing in it whatsoever. But the point is that this fella seems to regularly attract attention of this kind - for whatever reason - and I am just suggesting that it might not have been a bad idea for us to have cashed in if there was interest. All a bit academic now of course, for a few months at least, but at a time when the squad needs to be focussed on the job in hand the last thing we need is guff like this every few weeks or so.

On his day he certainly can be a match winner. But how many days does he have? I think he's got DRS - Denise Rommedahl Syndrome!
  • Options
    I'm always a staunch defender of his but must admit I'm finding it more difficult to defend him with each of these new stories about his over inflated ego that breaks.

I also don't think footballers are there to be role models, they're there to play football, I do get tired of reading about Charlton players acting like arrogant tw@ts though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Not JT's first brush with the law either - wasn't he arrested after a row in a club about 3 years back?

yeah, and was close to going down for it too.
  • Options
    Makes good reading for the non-thinking classes who believe everything they read.

Though Thomas is a bit of a pillock for walking into situations which are bound to be exaggerated and get splashed across the press.

The fact was, he wan't charged.
  • Options
    Bourne's song needs to be changed:

Jerome Thomas will elbow you in the heaaaaad again
  • Options
    If it's in the Sun it must be true ;-)

I agree. Bit of a prat for putting himself in that situaction in the first place but It sounds like it was something about nothing. However, I don't think Pards will be too pleased with him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    The fact was, he wan't charged.

Based on recent events, even though he wasn't charged with anything, do you think he might get a letter from plod "advising" him to stay away from the Palarse home match in Feb?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    LOL!
    He often goes 'missing' in games and sometimes doesn't 'turn up' ......... :o)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Yeah, SE10, cause White English players would never get drunk in a hotel near Heathrow today 6 years ago, making jokes about planes hitting buildings when loads of American tourist are there?
    Or chuck chairs through the windows of Canary Wharf McDonalds, or stub out cigars in youth team players' eyes, or attack people in Leeds nightclubs, or kick cab drivers' heads in, or attack fellow players with golf clubs, or kick team-mates in the head...
  • Options
    The fact he was tackled by a Girl sums up Jerome Thomas perfectly.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The fact he was tackled by a Girl sums up Jerome Thomas perfectly.
    it was Dennis.
  • Options
    i wasnt saying white players never get involved in that sort of thing. Far from it. My main point was that it was ENGLISH players who get in trouble all the time.
  • Options
    yeah but you did say (tbh - black) dangerous ground on this forum.
  • Options
    yeah, fair point. didnt mean anything by that.
  • Options
    Bellamy isn't English. Neither is John Hartson, Mickey Thomas, Frank McAvennie or Joey Barton (he's a scouser - which doesn't make him English in my book!)

But you're right though. Considering there are so many non-British players in the league these days you don't seem to see any/many of them hitting the headlines like our "stars" do. Must be a cultural thing I suppose.
  • Options
    come on guys - lets leave it now