Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 'what do you know about Sheffield Wednesday' thread

13»

Comments

• Just for you MCS
  • Gordon Watson played for them

They used to host cup semi-finals : - (

They were called The Wednesday until about 1925

They are the fifth oldest team in the league.

I think we played our first top flight game of my life time against Sheff Wednesday We drew 1-1. Some northern monkies asked me if I would like to take part in some football violence while I was waiting outside the club shop after the game. I declined as there was one of me and four of them and cos I'm a not very hard.

They are called the Owls because they used to play a Owlerton.

In 1886 The Wednesday fielded an entire team of left footed players for what is believed to be the only time in league history. They won 2- 1.
  • Sheffield band The Human League wrote the song "Don't You Want Me Baby" as a tribute to the club. The club's motto is Non Quaero Mihi Infantia.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Just for you MCS[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_133400 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]OH.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Now that's what your user photo should be MCS!
  • Didn't Bougherra play for them? Weren't their fans a bit upset when he signed for us?
  • They aren't as good as united FACT.
  • Hey! Lads sniffed weed is an anagram of of Sheffield Wednesday
  • The most southernly place in Yorkshire is the small village of Totley, nestling down near Sheffield.
  • Wednesday played at Highfield between in 1867 and 1868,Myrtle Road until 1877, Sheaf House between 1877 and 1887 and Olive grove until 1898. Since then they have remained at Hillsborough.
  • consider myself educated !

thank you class....
  • Sponsored links:

• On 25 June 2007, the River Don burst its bank during a period of severe weather in the area, and the whole ground was flooded with several feet of water. The changing rooms, restaurants and kitchens and boardroom were all flooded, as well as the shop; many local houses were also affected.

Wear Wellies when at Wednesday!
  • Sheff United fans call weds fans snortbeasts
  • the transport system in sheffield is designed by an imbecile.
    when setting up the trains, they forgot to give them their own rails, hence they use the roads.
    this was found out whilst driving to the pre-mentioned cup game and quickly followed by a change of underwear.

i believe the imbecile now resides in croydon.
  • The last time they played at the Valley, they relegated us. :-(
  • Eeeeeer, that they're better than us perhaps?
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Eeeeeer, that they're better than us perhaps?

Or perhaps not!
  • The last time they played at the valley, We won 3-2 :-)
  • so twelve months on,

and i still couldn't tell you who their manager is, or name any player other than Marcus Tudguy, or whatever it is !
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The last time they played at the Valley, they relegated us. :-(

No they didn't they played at the valley last year and we survived!
  • Is Franny Jeffers still with them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooh, memories of Sheffield Wednesday. They played their part in one of the most entertaining games I have ever witnessed and one of my favourites of all time... our 3-4 victory up at Hillsborough, Aug 1993 I think it was and the debut of the "famous five" of Klinsmann, Sheringham, Barmby, Anderton and Dumitrescu. Brilliant going forward, absolutely torn apart at the back, same old Tottenham really.

Highlight was Klinsmann's bullet header past Kevin Pressman I think it was then and moments later being stretchered off to a standing ovation from both sets of supporters after getting absolutely clattered in the air...
  • Wasnt there a chant about varadi about his wife knowing he was here????

My first ever away was against sheff wed and I thought hillsborough was massive...

David Hirst scored for them...... I think willo for us... and we lost 4-1 i think...
  • edited May 2019
    I know that their owner feels Sheffield United are their friends.

• Scoham said:
    I know that their owner feels Sheffield United are their their friends.

Christ. Just doesn't get it, does he?
  • Expect our comms team to be instructed to pen congratulatory emails to palace and millwall on surviving in their respective leagues to be published onbtge OS within hour.

In fact knowing ours he'll no doubt take out a full page spread in the south London press before calling up Jim White on talk sport to say what a remarkable achievement it is and he looks forward to Charlton fans being able to mingle with their fans in future seasons once he's outed the terrorists from the Valley.
  • They had a female CEO and they were crap - she left and they got better.
    That's all I know about them.
  • Scoham said:
    I know that their owner feels Sheffield United are their friends.

Hasn’t he done that to take the gloss off of Uniteds bragging rights?