Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The BEST thing about Saturday

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
The goals? The crowd? The beers? Having baby Bent back?

No - it was in Crossbars before the match. Valley_McMoist can tell you more...

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Don't be shy, Weegie. I'm sure you tell a story better than me...I don't think Darren Pitcher was that impressed though...LOL
  • Well maybe not the best, but a few of us starting a few songs in the Bugle pre-match...?
  • No singing involved!

We totally shunned Darren Pitcher to corner a ten minute natter with the gorgeous Paul Mortimer - not only a genius footballer, but a true Charlton fan and a smashing bloke.

(He's promised to turn up for City Addicks too.)

VM has the photographic evidence, though I'm not sure I want my double chins displayed on this board...
  • he showed me that piccy at halftime and without my glasses, I said "who is it, Pele?". Well I was close!
  • I see the resemblance!

He was as nervous as we were, and actually a bit doom and gloom to the point where I was wondering about the identity of a certain oohaahmortimer on this board...
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    We totally shunned Darren Pitcher

That's a bit of an understatement, I virtually pushed him out of the way to get the photograph with Morts
  • Yes - and see you are now proudly displaying it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    He was as nervous as we were, and actually a bit doom and gloom to the point where I was wondering about the identity of a certain oohaahmortimer on this board...
    a realist who realised even if we beat west ham we'd still be affectively 7 points from safety once wigan won ;-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    We totally shunned Darren Pitcher

That's a bit of an understatement, I virtually pushed him out of the way to get the photograph with Morts

oohaah,
    you must have had countless dreams doing this.
    now what happened on that plane?
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    a realist who realised even if we beat west ham we'd still be affectively 7 points from safety once wigan won ;-(

No, a nervous fan who knows that Saturday was only the start - there's still a way to go. At least you've dispelled any doubts I had over your identity - he was much more polite!
  • Sponsored links:

• you're so right PBS , i mean in the land of helmets darren pitcher is king... i think you must've said something to annoy him at that game