Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wade Small

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Released by Sheff. Wed., been offered a deal by us according to The Mirror.

Winger, lives up to his name - 5ft 7''!

Born in Croydon.

Comments

• Options
    The last bloke to play for us with the surname Small, he was big & crap. First name Mike.
  • Options
    Not a bad player when fit - but that's the issue, keeping him fit. Would be a good addition to a Division Three squad.

Scored against us at The Valley in September (for those who've blocked out the last 10 months).
  • Options
    find that very hard to believe until all this takeover stuff is done and dusted and we know whether parky is in or out,I don't believe anyone will be offered a contract.That's why it is imperative something is sorted out in the near future.
  • Options
    Yeah that was the start of the end for Hudson. He should have stopped him easily. Hudson - no pace, no challenge.
  • Options
    As the great Sir Alan would have said: Is he any better than what we've got?

In my view the answer is no if Lloyd Sam stays.

A different answer if Lloydy goes though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]find that very hard to believe until all this takeover stuff is done and dusted and we know whether parky is in or out,I don't believe anyone will be offered a contract.That's why it is imperative something is sorted out in the near future.[/quote]

Agreed, the fact of the matter is that takeover or no takeover things need to happen on the playing staff front or other clubs will steal a march on us and snap up what quality there is (that we can afford).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]As the great Sir Alan would have said: Is he any better than what we've got?

In my view the answer is no if Lloyd Sam stays.

A different answer if Lloydy goes though.

Would he be a replacement for Sam, or used on the left?
  • Options
    Well seeing as Sam is our only winger atm I think this would be a very good signing.
  • Options
    Isn't Lloyd Sam going to Man Utd?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, Barcelona or Real Madrid, his agent is in talks with both.
  • Options
    You know your in the shit if your buying cast offs from Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]You know your in the shit if your buying cast offs from Sheffield Wednesday.[/quote]

You mean like Deon burton ... yeah agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]You know your in the shit if your buying cast offs from Sheffield Wednesday.

You mean like Deon burton ... yeah agreed

Is that the Deon Burton hatrick hero ? ;0)
  • Options
    http://www.clubcall.com/charlton-athletic/charlton-offer-winger-deal-905770.html
  • Options

If that is true bye bye Lloyd I suspect:-(
  • Options
    Hope not, and we only have one winger anyway. Need to cut down on the number of CMs and have 2 or 3 wingers, rather than 1. I know we have Wagstaff but he's still not ready for regular first team football with us, and it's not clear yet if he ever will be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]The game/goal in question..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TecnW2Ks48w

One of last season's many examples where someone should've just taken the yellow and taken him out. For both their goals in fact.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Hope not, and we only have one winger anyway. Need to cut down on the number of CMs and have 2 or 3 wingers, rather than 1. I know we have Wagstaff but he's still not ready for regular first team football with us, and it's not clear yet if he ever will be.[/quote]

We are probably looking at a squad of 24 which means a 1st choice eleven, experienced back-up for GK, 2 x CB, CM and 2 x FWD with an additional 3 utility players like Semedo. Then 5 kids with league experience like Solly and Wright. I cannot see why the club would want experience cover in wide areas, or we''l have a squad of over 30 on not inconsiderable pay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]The game/goal in question..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TecnW2Ks48w

One of last season's many examples where someone should've just taken the yellow and taken him out. For both their goals in fact.

Bailey especially and other players at times have done that and they only end up scoring from the resultant free kick!
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]We are probably looking at a squad of 24 which means a 1st choice eleven, experienced back-up for GK, 2 x CB, CM and 2 x FWD with an additional 3 utility players like Semedo. Then 5 kids with league experience like Solly and Wright. I cannot see why the club would want experience cover in wide areas, or we''l have a squad of over 30 on not inconsiderable pay.

Well it really depends how we plan to line up. If we're going to carry on starting only 1 natural winger, then we only need a couple. If we want to play a natural winger on each side we probably need 3. A squad of 24 would mean 2 players for each position plus 2 extra players wouldn't it? So possibly 4 wingers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do wonder if some people are getting their Smalls round their Elliotts...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Could find out about him and other players like Llera in the next few days. Contracts expire on Tuesday, so players could have agreed moves and officially sign on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Gone:

OS - "One player who has left the club is winger Wade Small, who played in the Carling Cup against Hereford United earlier this month on a non-contract basis."
  • Options
    I kind of appreciate Parky's attitude to the trialists, rather than panicking and wasting money on weak players to plug the gaps he's biding his time to hopefully bring in some quality.
    Makes me think he's been made promises.
    Also makes me think it's going to backfire, and the 19th of December match team against Millwall will be along the lines of:
    Elliot
    Basey, Mambo, (Some useless short term Loanee), Richardson
    Waggy, Stav, Spring, Bailey
    Fleetwood and Izzy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]I kind of appreciate Parky's attitude to the trialists, rather than panicking and wasting money on weak players to plug the gaps he's biding his time to hopefully bring in some quality.
    Also makes me think it's going to backfire, and the 19th of December match team against Millwall will be along the lines of:
    Elliot
    Fleetwood and Izzy

Blimey...........Are you related to Golfie by any chance ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]I kind of appreciate Parky's attitude to the trialists, rather than panicking and wasting money on weak players to plug the gaps he's biding his time to hopefully bring in some quality.
    Elliot
    Fleetwood and Izzy[/quote]

What makes you think Bailey will still be here?

I'd replace him with Wade Small, otherwise you are spot on...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]I kind of appreciate Parky's attitude to the trialists, rather than panicking and wasting money on weak players to plug the gaps he's biding his time to hopefully bring in some quality.
    Elliot
    Fleetwood and Izzy

What makes you think Bailey will still be here?

I'd replace him with Wade Small, otherwise you are spot on...

when quoting please make sure it is checked with BBCode. Simples.
  • Options
    I think that a couple might go, and then I have Dailly injured, Llera looks like a mummy cause he's so bandaged, Youga is a liability and was dropped, Sam injured Shelvey and Racon sold to make ends meet and Burton injured.

Not that unrealistic considering last year we had a 3/4 Palace back line, and about 6 different players played right back over the course of the season. Along with the Bouazza situation etc. Kandol, Primus Cranie et al. And we started the season last year with a bigger squad.
  • Options
    I suppose we lose 0-6 as well and are relegated at the end of the season :-)