Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Charlton Athletic have been hit by a virus ahead of Saturday’s match at Doncaster Rovers – with members of Lee Bowyer’s backroom team also affected.

“We’ve still got a few people ill,” he said. “Even Jacko and Brett [Shaw] the analyst are feeling it.

“Brett came in Monday but then hasn’t been seen since and he ain’t coming in today.

“I spoke to Jacko last night and he sounded rough. [Darren] Pratley still feels rough, Josh Parker looked like he had no energy at all on Tuesday. Tariqe [Fosu] came in Tuesday after being off Monday and he didn’t look healthy either.

“I’m hoping no more come in with it.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-swept-by-virus-ahead-of-match-at-doncaster-rovers/
  • Options
    oh joy!
  • Options
    Sounds like what I had.
    I'm downgrading my one from the flu purely because it didn't last as long as normal flu does but certainly had all the symptoms and certainly wiped me out for 3or 4 days 
  • Options
    I had the shits on Monday that came out of no where and didnt stop coming so definitely a few viruses out there at the moment

I didnt run into any of the Charlton Squad though so dont blame me for it
  • Options
    The 2% are now engaging in biological warfare, huh?
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer has described Saturday’s match at Doncaster Rovers as a “six-pointer” – and admits their midweek reverse was a boost for Charlton Athletic.

Bowyer – who will not contest his FA charge for abusive language to the referee in Saturday’s 2-1 win over AFC Wimbledon – said: “The result in the week helped us a bit, we’ve got that gap.

“But this is a big one. In a way you can say it is a six-pointer – because if we win it puts a bigger gap between us.

“It’s a big one, this one and Portsmouth next week. They are very big.”

For the top two, it is up for them to throw it away,” said Bowyer. “Don’t get me wrong, we could go from now until the end of the season unbeaten. I believe that, I believe in the lads and what they are capable of – but so could Barnsley and Luton.

“If they drop points then I want us to be in and around it, so we can maybe capitalise.”

And Bowyer never expected that to derail their promotion charge.

“No, because they had the way they played and they all knew their jobs,” he said. “The manager has gone in there and it’s a case of it if ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

“They added in January by signing George Moncur and Jason Cummings, so they added well – but they also spent money. Their squad is very strong.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-on-charltons-six-pointer-with-doncaster-rovers-and-why-he-never-expected-luton-towns-promotion-charge-to-derail/

• Options
    Nice dig at douchebag at the end there about spending money
  • Options
    Anfernee Dijksteel is set to be the next Charlton Athletic player to sign a new contract.

Lee Bowyer said: “We’re close with Anfernee. Again, I think he is going to be a big part of the club in the future.

“I think he’s a very good player. He’s close [to signing]. I met with him and his agents last week and they seem keen to sign.

“In terms of Joe Aribo, we’re working hard on that as well behind the scenes. We’re hopeful on Joe but Anfernee is probably the next one.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-close-to-negotiating-new-contract-for-emerging-and-versatile-talent/
  • Options
    Just been told from a mate that Bowyer will be getting a 3 game ban. Hope it’s not true.
  • Options
    Just been told from a mate that Bowyer will be getting a 3 game ban. Hope it’s not true.
    Is that because we went on to lose when he was in the stands at Wimbledon last week ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had the shits on Monday that came out of no where 
    I think we can guess where it came from.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Comments taken from this weeks Press Conference

"Saturday will be tough. They’re a good side and completely different to what we played earlier this season. I watched them in the cup against Sunderland and thought they were the better side." #cafc

"They press quick and have good movement off the ball. Conditions will be tough, it will be a heavy pitch, so it will be a hard game." #cafc

"Football is crazy. As quick as we’ve created that gap, it can close again. We’ve never looked behind us, we only look above, so we’ll do now is to try and win games." #cafc

"There is a lot more that will change between now and the end of the season. Everyone was writing us off with 10 games to go last season, but we made the play-offs, so anything could happen." #cafc

"I’m glad we’re getting that break so the players can rest and recharge their batteries so we can come back for Bradford and push towards the end of the season. If we can win on Saturday it will be a perfect week so we can enjoy our break." #cafc

"Players will have four days off. That’s the plan. At the end of the day, they’re human beings and have put everything in, so they need to recharge. They deserve a break." #cafc

"There were no new injuries on Tuesday night, just tired legs. Joe [Aribo] was ill and we’ll have to see how he is for Saturday. He’s had some tablets so we’re hoping they’ll kick in, we’ll see in the next 24 hours." #cafc

"We’ll have to assess Krystian [Bielik] to see how he is in the next 24 hours. We won’t know until we put him out on the pitch." #cafc

"I’ve not heard back about a new contract. I’ve left it with them, but they haven’t come back to me yet." #cafc
  • Options
    clive said:
    Wonder who is just back from America as Joe Mason was with Colorado Rapids last year
  • Options

On Krystian Bielik…

“Krystian is training, so hopefully he’ll get through today and tomorrow, so hopefully he’ll be back in the squad, as long as he stays injury free.”

On Lewis Page…

“Pagey is training. He’s trained on Tuesday, we’ll see how he goes. As long as he doesn’t break down then he’ll be in and around it. It will be good to have him back. He’s very good out there, he gives us that width and he’s got good delivery so it will be good for our competition for Ben (Purrington).”

On Jake Forster-Caskey…

“Jake is back training properly now, contact. We have to be careful with him. It will have to be a steady process with him but I think we’re full strength. Whether Jake plays depends on him. Without being stupid, if he can get to the level that the other lads are on then he will be in amongst it. Jake has got a lot of catch-up to do in a short space of time. I hope that he can, because I’d love to have him in and around the squad by the end of the season but it’s something we have to tread carefully with and just judge day-by-day, week-by-week and see where he gets to. He’s got to play for the U23s, there is still a way to go but the good thing is that he is back training with us.”

On Joe Aribo’s contract negotiations…

“We’re constantly trying to get that over the line. It’s been difficult but Joe loves it here. He knows that he’s learning, that he’s improving and he knows that this is a good place for him to carry on doing that. He knows that, he’s aware of that. There are just a few stumbling blocks that we are trying to get to the bottom of.” 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ca5e90f8e24a/bowyer-on-aribos-contract-talks-and-fitness-of-bielik-page-and-forster-caskey

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Blimey the news about Lewis Page has really come out of the blue

Has the physio actually got anything to do now as surely that is EVERYONE back in training?

Wonder if we'll see Jake running out for the U23s next week
  • Options
    Don't worry, they will all start dropping just before the Play -offs. This is Charlton after all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Has the physio actually got anything to do now as surely that is EVERYONE back in training?

I would bet that yes is the answer to that.

Really encouraging going into this crucial time now.
  • Options
    no mention of his own contract negotiations?
  • Options
    "Just a few stumbling blocks" re Aribo's contract......See ya Joe!
  • Options
    redman said:
    no mention of his own contract negotiations?
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ca5d72450b23/bowyer-on-speculation-linking-him-with-qpr-his-charlton-contract-and-focusing-on-plymouth

Slipped in on a different article, was just reading it...possibly wanted to keep it separate because of this part:

"I received an email last night. If I’m honest I don’t really understand it. I think Richard Murray will be in today so I’ll go through it with Richard because it’s a bit different to a normal contract that I’ve seen before.”
  • Options

FFS, you've cursed us now, any injuries this week are your fault  :D
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I would imagine the stumbling blocks are that Aribo doesn't want to spend the next 5 years of his life playing for a league 1 club.
  • Options
    I would imagine the stumbling blocks are that Aribo doesn't want to spend the next 5 years of his life playing for a league 1 club.
    ....for half a crown a week
  • Options

FFS, you've cursed us now, any injuries this week are your fault  :D