Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    44-2

Dickson out
  • Options
    What we need now is for Joe and Heino to do their best Tavare impressions: bat for the next three days and get us over 400, ensure that we have more bonus points than Warwickshire, and draw the match

Job done, title ours.
  • Options
    Oh well, that was a nice idea ...

Heino gone for 15 Kent 56-3.

Warks get the first bonus point of the match and leapfrog to the top of the table.
  • Options
    Looking around the country, wickets are falling everywhere. Middlesex 92-6 at Durham, though I can't imagine batting there on a freezing cold morning was very pleasant!
  • Options
    I fear that after keeping the foot on the throttle for the last few games to secure promotion this match might be a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's show.' Yes I know the title is there to be won but psychologically promotion was the aim and that has been achieved so they may not be as sub-consciously 'up for it' as they might have been.
  • Options
    Bugger.

Ollie is the latest batsman back in the hutch, Kent now 78-4.
  • Options
    78-4 at lunch. Only England's Joe Denly (29 no) with a decent score.
    LenGlover said:

I fear that after keeping the foot on the throttle for the last few games to secure promotion this match might be a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's show.' Yes I know the title is there to be won but psychologically promotion was the aim and that has been achieved so they may not be as sub-consciously 'up for it' as they might have been.

Isn't this how our top order have batted all summer though!
  • Options

Looking around the country, wickets are falling everywhere. Middlesex 92-6 at Durham, though I can't imagine batting there on a freezing cold morning was very pleasant!

The average score for the 1st wicket in 1st class county cricket this year is the lowest since 1974. Strauss blames the heavy roller and wants it out of our game. Tosh! This is the product of our players playing more and more Beer Matches over the last 20 years or so.
  • Options

78-4 at lunch. Only England's Joe Denly (29 no) with a decent score.

LenGlover said:

Isn't this how our top order have batted all summer though!
    True enough.
  • Options
    89-5

Denly gone for 30
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not quite as bad as Surrey who are 62-9!
  • Options
    102-6

Normal 1st innings service resumed!
  • Options
    That batting line up needs to be addressed for next season. Hope they have someone lined up.
    Our bowling won’t be able to get us out of jail like it has this season especially As it looks like Henry wont be around for much of next season.
  • Options
    113-7
  • Options
    This is so Kent.
  • Options
    121-8
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    121 - 8

Stewart out
  • Options
    125-9
  • Options
    Hopefully this is the effect of a bad track and we can take a few wickets too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yikes....just glad we're not having to rely on this match to seal promotion!
  • Options
    163-9

Says it all about our batting this season that this 10th wicket partnership is our most productive in this innings!
  • Options
    167 all out, never mind his wickets, we'll also miss Henry's batting, top scoring with 32no
  • Options
    Warks motoring along. 50-0 off 10 overs
  • Options
    200 for Warwickshire and Kent need to win to grab the title.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2018
    Kent look to be on the beach. Can’t win from here. Hope Trott gets a good knock in his last game. He may only get one...
  • Options
    This isn't going terribly well! At least we seem to have slowed the scoring down.

200 for Warwickshire and Kent need to win to grab the title.

There will be a result in this game anyway, seeing that no rain is forecast.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The average score for the 1st wicket in 1st class county cricket this year is the lowest since 1974. Strauss blames the heavy roller and wants it out of our game. Tosh! This is the product of our players playing more and more Beer Matches over the last 20 years or so.
    Agree. But as an aside, I don't understand about the heavy rollers. Shouldn't they flatten any unevenness in the pitch?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I don't have any stats to back this up, but it seems to have been a very low scoring season across both divisions, but especially Div 2. Lots of sub 150 scores and quite a few sub 100s.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2018
    Uboat said:

I don't have any stats to back this up, but it seems to have been a very low scoring season across both divisions, but especially Div 2. Lots of sub 150 scores and quite a few sub 100s.

Lots of county championship cricket in April, May and September.