Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Who says the CC is dead eh?

Looking forward, now that we are Div 1, to our players being selected for England in front of those in Div 2.

Mind you if Moeen wants to come and play for us then I'm sure that we could find a place for him.
  • Options
    Fantastic news...wahey!
  • Options
    Outstanding season. I was really pessimistic this year, having lost Coles and Northeast. Great effort from all involved
  • Options
    Indeed a great season. Played consistently well throughout in all formats.
    Credit to those concerned for recruiting so well.
    The emergence of Denly as a top spinner has been a real bonus.
    The lack of bonus batting points is a shame but batting in general hasn’t seen too many teams being prolific.
    DBD will hopefully return to more consistent form next year.
    Super Kent!
  • Options
    Looking forward to going to a few more games next year, especially as next years President is a personal friend! It's not been announced yet so I can't say.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Looking forward to going to a few more games next year, especially as next years President is a personal friend! It's not been announced yet so I can't say.

So your arguments on the England thread are a sham :wink:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Would I be correct in saying that he played for England against Australia?
  • Options

Riviera said:

Would I be correct in saying that he played for England against Australia?
    In an Ashes winning team yes, and was captain!
  • Options
    Maybe we’ll see some further development at Beckenham?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Kent!! Top stuff and good to see you back in the dirst division. Looking forward to playing you guys at real cricket for the first time in a while! And looking forward to seeing how a certain D Stevens gets on in Div 1 compared to Sir R Clarke of Guildford.

Hope you manage to keep Henry for next year.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Well done Kent!! Top stuff and good to see you back in the dirst division. Looking forward to playing you guys at real cricket for the first time in a while! And looking forward to seeing how a certain D Stevens gets on in Div 1 compared to Sir R Clarke of Guildford.

Hope you stop posting!

• Options

Recruiting Henry again will be massively important - without his 74 wickets we would not be in the position we are now. The concern is that our batting is lacking and our top order will need to improve significantly next season.
  • Options
    promotion .. terrific .. another 5fer for Stevens .. how long can this go on ? .. ((:>)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Looks like being a draw at Hove.
  • Options

Hope you stop posting!

Ouch. I was being nice and all!
  • Options

Looks like being a draw at Hove.

I suspect Sussex might buckle today especially with an opener out of the match reducing Sussex to 9 wickets
  • Options

promotion .. terrific .. another 5fer for Stevens .. how long can this go on ? .. ((:>)

It'll go on forever: Stevo is immortal.

Long after all the pretenders to his throne have given up Lord Stevens will still be trundling in taking wickets and chipping in with big runs.
  • Options
    Ironically, our squad, in terms of numbers, is now as light as it has ever been but the recruitment policy appears to have paid dividends with less of the squad being non starters.

In fact 8 players - Ball, Coles, Hartley, Barnard, Gidman, Hunn, Northeast and Tredwell - have all left in the last 12 months and been replaced by just 3 signings in the shape of Kuhn, Podmore and now Milnes although the emergence of Stewart, Crawley and Robinson has helped to fill some of those gaps.

With Blake and Qayyum and probably Claydon too only being used in white ball matches, we now have a squad of just 15 for Div 1 next season:

Bell-Drummond
    Billings
    (Blake)
    (Claydon)
    Crawley
    Denly
    Dickson
    Haggett
    Kuhn
    Milnes
    Podmore
    (Qayyum)
    Riley
    Robinson
    Rouse
    Stevens
    Stewart
    Thomas

Will await news of potential signings with interest although, as said already, the re-signing of Henry and a top batsman might be all that is required for the CC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, we've thinned out a lot of fringe players, but compensated with really good international signings, getting in the likes of Braithwaite and Stoinis (plus Milne) for the T20s was a statement of intent as I imagine they weren't cheap
  • Options
    It looks like Warwickshire are taking no chances and settling for a draw at Hove. If they bat after lunch, it is likely to be a dead game unless Sussex have one of their terrible two hours and throw in the towel. It should be a good tussle at Edgbaston next week for the title between what are undoubtedly the best two teams in that division. However, it will be tough next year as there are few easy games in Division One.
  • Options
    Good article that. It's amazing how the season turned out, considering the gloom and gloom when Northeast left, with many (including me) sceptical about Billing as captain and Downton as Director of Cricket.
  • Options

Surrey vs Essex the TV game this week. Can’t actually believe anyone apart from a Surrey or Essex fan would be interested in watching that dead rubber game. At least the Kent vs Warwickshire has something on it. Terrible decision

There's a surprising lack of excitement really. The only major issue to be decided is the final relegation spot. Lancashire could survive, but as they're 19 points behind Notts it's a long shot
  • Options
    Looks like Warwicks are happy to sit out the draw and do it all against us next week.

Come on Kent!!
  • Options
    Don't wish any player misfortune but we might be the beneficiaries of that as Ian Bell has a suspected fractured finger. It depends as to the severity of that injury as whether he will miss our game.
  • Options
    411 ahead and still no declared!

I suspected this would happen, that all Warks would be worried about was getting the points to ensure promotion. Yes they want the title, but it's not worth risking promotion for