Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    No sure B, looks like a someone's column. I'll find out
  • Options
    ... apparently it was Chris Dunlavy in the Football League Paper.
  • Options
    Who wrote it?
  • Options
    Sadly, even if he reads it, it will hardly cause him to have a change of heart - regarding either the poor individuals who he has 'conned' out of their bonuses, or the sale of the club. I reckon we are stuck with him for the foreseeable.
    Just imagine the reaction from the Belgian one if Bow and Jacko get us promoted - lots of 'told you so' articles stating how, despite the fans protests, HE was the mastermind behind a successful season and he had been right all along!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What paper was that?

St Truiden Gazette?
  • Options

How long before the Aussie takeover?.

Manana
    There is no word to express the urgency of Manana in Belgian!
  • Options

Roland and Charlton if he continues to the end of the season.

Modelled on the terrace at Rolly's hotel.
  • Options
    Things are reaching rock bottom when this infamous thread is relegated to page two. Are feelings that bad now?
  • Options
    We need some infectious enthusiasm on here to persuade us that the sale will go ahead.
  • Options
    I think it's that we have run out of dates or events (e.g. will we make play-offs, end of season, end of world cup, start of season, closing of transfer window, closing of loan window) that would be the catalyst for the sale.
    Anyway I'm going for the Earth Wind and Fire song September as the next key date:

"Do you remember the 21st night of September?
    Love was changing the minds of pretenders
    While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
    In the key that our souls were singing
    As we danced in the night
    Remember how the stars stole the night away

Hey hey hey
    Ba de ya, say do you remember
    Ba de ya, dancing in September
    Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Things are reaching rock bottom when this infamous thread is relegated to page two. Are feelings that bad now?

There will be no takeover until it hits page 3. FACT.
  • Options
    There needs to be another thread Roland Strikes Back followed by the sequel Return of the Aussies.
  • Options
    It’s happening!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

It’s happening!

Oh no it's not.
  • Options

Said weeks ago its not going to happen. Close the thread down until we have credible info that something is going on.

Agree. This has gone as far as is reasonable. Time for a little common sense. Close the thread until something of importance actually happens. If people want to continue to post fish jokes etc. then open a thread devoted to the subjects.

• Options
    I'm confused what everyone is on about? We've had new owners for about 4 months now, Airman said it was a done deal.
  • Options
    Vastly reduced contributions to this topic. What a relief!
  • Options
    Anyone heard anything, anything happening?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Anyone heard anything, anything happening?

Newcastle are being sold
  • Options
    If you're at the SB Cup game tonight, ask Eddie Stobart Van and Truck For Hire what's occurring.
  • Options

Said weeks ago its not going to happen. Close the thread down until we have credible info that something is going on.

Close the thread until it’s imminent I say..
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Close the thread option gets a boo from me. How double dare you.
  • Options
    EFL meeting?.
  • Options

EFL meeting?.

Nope EDL meeting.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!