Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It will be completed after two weeks.

Unfortunately, I don't know which two.
  • Options
    When either RD or the Aussies compromise on price, if the rumours are true
  • Options

‘Not pulled out / Not walked away’ doesnt really tell you anything as they are stationary, and have been for a while.

They have not yet ‘walked to’ anything.

The Aussie bid will remain stationary until the club is sold, either to them or someone else.

This has been going on 18 months. It could easily go on for years. GM has said ‘we’ve not walked away probably 20 times so far. That could easily quadruple imo.

showaddywaddy have done the moon and back 20 times over now
  • Options
    Just as well the Aussies aren’t Catholic.
  • Options

‘Not pulled out / Not walked away’ doesnt really tell you anything as they are stationary, and have been for a while.

So you or I are as close to buying the club as the Aussies? I'd say they have 'walked to' something, in they they've been trying to buy the club and have spent a fortune doing it.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Uboat said:

So you or I are as close to buying the club as the Aussies? I'd say they have 'walked to' something, in they they've been trying to buy the club and have spent a fortune doing it.
    Effectively, yes. They could have spent £20 or £20m on lawyers, searches, DD etc in the preparation to purchase, but they are appear to be no nearer to owning it than you or I @Uboat (I personally think we need at least two others in our consortium mate)
  • Options
    Page 1248 so expect big news
  • Options

Done deal I heard

Really? Aussies or another?
  • Options

Done deal I heard

So, Do the Aussies now have the money or is it a mystery buyer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think NLA may have his tongue in his cheek
  • Options
    Firmly in my cheek
  • Options

Firmly in my cheek

Just as long as it's your cheek and not mine, mate : - )
  • Options

Firmly in my cheek

Exactly. We all know it's #donedeal if something has actually happened.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Myself and my friends are very grateful for whatever James Seeds puts out and look forward to his news. Really cant understand why he take so much flack.

Agree. Some very odd people on here.
    Move on
  • Options

Uboat said:

Effectively, yes. They could have spent £20 or £20m on lawyers, searches, DD etc in the preparation to purchase, but they are appear to be no nearer to owning it than you or I @Uboat (I personally think we need at least two others in our consortium mate)
    Well you're wrong there. I'm the Duke of Westminster.
  • Options
    Now that Lookman was not transferred, that issue should be off the table now.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Absolute rubbish, unless of course you've just won the lottery and decide you want to buy it blind with no contract, no due diligence and not instructing any lawyers. In which case, what's stopping you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hanging on a telephone
  • Options

Hanging on a telephone

Cindi Lauper?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Hanging on a telephone

Cindi Lauper?
    Blondie
  • Options

That Seed tweet tells us absolutely nothing

No different to 99.9% of the posts on this topic then.
  • Options

I don't think it was ever on it.
  • Options

I don't think it was ever on it.
    Nor me.

I said this previously, Roland has no idea about the timing for sell-on fees.

He scarcely knows what’s happening on a weekly basis at Charlton.
  • Options
    Next week (or 2) could be interesting from my pov:

a) The HR person (should) be back from holiday and will have 20+ staff knocking at her door about the bonus issues, which could mean more negative publicity for the Duchatelet regime.

b) TK (should) be back from holiday so he can pretend to run the joint, and avoid the media at all costs.

c) Bowyer (should) be made permanent manager. It's laughable he hasn't been made manager already.

d) Roland cannot now sell anyone/receive any sell-on fees till January at earliest (4 months away) so might use this chance to sell the club now (however this is Duchatelet we are talking about)

e) we still have the EFL CAST & Club meeting too look forward too. Any idea when this is?
  • Options
    f) I wonder when ROT will next be leafletting all the homes in Sint-Truiden, and with what message?
  • Options

Firmly in my cheek

Butt which cheek, D ? :blush:
    You filthy mare!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!