Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Need to act

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    How many times have I said “buy a tank” and now more and more people are coming around to the idea of buying a tank well the accounts shows we’ve pissed the money up the wall on rubber taxi’s.
    Jeez Louise...

*joking - of course tanks should only be used by those qualified to do so

Edit- although you could maybe hire in one of those guys, just for an afternoon, maybe get him a bacon roll and a half a lager after his shift?
  • Options

Why on earth would the players strike? It’s not like he’s stopped paying their wages.

The only people who are going to do anything are concerned fans, but apart from ROT embarrassing him at home, I’m not sure what will get his attention

On Saturday I'll streak on the pitch during the game and 'moon' towards the directors box.
  • Options

Why on earth would the players strike? It’s not like he’s stopped paying their wages.

The only people who are going to do anything are concerned fans, but apart from ROT embarrassing him at home, I’m not sure what will get his attention

On Saturday I'll streak on the pitch during the game and 'moon' towards the directors box.
    Make sure you clean your teeth and shine your ring...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Make sure you clean your teeth and shine your ring...
    I will, I have a nice smile.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

CAST should be taking the lead; the spokesman for the fans.

But they never have done, they followed from the beginning and focused on surveys.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Davo55 said:

This site is full of people saying what CAST and CARD should have done, should do etc.

Precious few of them willing to actually get involved in planning and organising anything themselves. The protest fund exists for everyone. Why are you sitting back and waiting for others? If you feel you can do better than those who have tried and are trying, step up. CAST and CARD don't have special powers; they're just individual fans like everyone else. Every single thing they've done has been at considerable personal effort, stress and often expense.

CAST are working on something, and have been for a few days now.
    That doesnt preclude anyone else organising a protest or suggesting one. My fairly tame suggestion would be to hold a 'firesale' outside the entrance. 'Everything must go' banners, 'All offers considered' etc. TV and press love something visual. You can't film a boycott unfortunately.
    We'd need a Roland lookalike!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Solidgone said:

But they never have done, they followed from the beginning and focused on surveys.
    Honestly, what nonsense, especially from the bloke who loves to make snide comments more often than not on the Trust Facebook page.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Kap10 said:

Solidgone said:

So they should just act unilaterally then without asking fans what they want? Or do they act for the most vocal fans, or the silent majority' perhaps? Or just act instinctively hoping they get it right?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Davo55 said:

This site is full of people saying what CAST and CARD should have done, should do etc.

Precious few of them willing to actually get involved in planning and organising anything themselves. The protest fund exists for everyone. Why are you sitting back and waiting for others? If you feel you can do better than those who have tried and are trying, step up. CAST and CARD don't have special powers; they're just individual fans like everyone else. Every single thing they've done has been at considerable personal effort, stress and often expense.

CAST are working on something, and have been for a few days now.
    That doesnt preclude anyone else organising a protest or suggesting one. My fairly tame suggestion would be to hold a 'firesale' outside the entrance. 'Everything must go' banners, 'All offers considered' etc. TV and press love something visual. You can't film a boycott unfortunately.
    We'd need a Roland lookalike!
    We're gonna reclaim the bust :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every time I see the title of this thread I can't help thinking of the cast from "It ain't half hot mum" .....
  • Options
    edited August 2018

How about supporting something that is already working to get Roland out?

It's a one off, extremely timely initiative - ROT.

Don't think we can just wait for that, to be honest. More needs to happen and more quickly, in a place where many people can get involved more easily. We need to make the football authorities and the local authorities uncomfortable here.
    Not at all sure I understand this comment.

ROT are asking for support from people acting immediately by becoming members and thus giving financial support. They are also asking for volunteers to go to Belgium in less than two weeks time to deliver leaflets and other propaganda.

Have you a plan to make the football authorities and the local (?) authorities uncomfortable quicker than that?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Don't think we can just wait for that, to be honest. More needs to happen and more quickly, in a place where many people can get involved more easily. We need to make the football authorities and the local authorities uncomfortable here.

ROT are asking for support from people acting immediately by becoming members and thus giving financial support. They are also asking for volunteers to go to Belgium in less than two weeks to deliver leaflets and other propaganda.

Have you a plan to make the football authorities and the local (?) authorities uncomfortable quicker than that?
    Why haven't ROT requested funds from the protest "fund", or have they ?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Don't tell him Pike .....
  • Options

Mametz said:

ROT are asking for support from people acting immediately by becoming members and thus giving financial support. They are also asking for volunteers to go to Belgium in less than two weeks to deliver leaflets and other propaganda.

Why haven't ROT requested funds from the protest "fund", or have they ?
    Yes they have.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    We need to hire the 'A' team, they always had a plan. :wink:
  • Options
    Reading the diffetent comments & ideas on here I do think its time we start protesting again......but to shame the EFL this time.

pitch protests don't work.....look at Leyton Orient. The officials told everyone the game was abandoned & once everyone had left they re-started.

Can't expect the players yo do anything.....to them its just a job & they are still getting paid.

Boycotting doesn't work & there are lots of fans (and I'm one of them) that couldn't simply stop going

I like the idea of stopping the game from going ahead full stop. If players, officials & staff can't enter the ground then the game can't start. Look what happened last season when we had a waterlogged pitch at Blackpool (?). The ref couldn't delay kick-off for too long so game didn't go ahead. Somehow stop vehicles entering The Valley, maybe even block off the road. Padlock yourself to the gates....not just one or two fans but 20 or 30. Something along these lines.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I have said for a while if he was still here for the first home game we should make the club unmanageable.

What ever that means to you, spamming club email accounts and telephone lines, hand chuffing yourself to the main gates so they can't open them, picketing the training ground, in ground protests, pad locking fire doors, gluing locks.

The staff and players/football management shouldn't be the victims but it's gone passed that now....

We should just duct tape the entire ground
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Solidgone said:

Honestly, what nonsense, especially from the bloke who loves to make snide comments more often than not on the Trust Facebook page.
    But that's how it looks to a lot of people! Apart from the early woolwich meeting, what has CAST led? Surveys and meetings with their mate Dick。
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a fucking mess this club has become. :(
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Solidgone said:

The big problem is, the fans are utterly and hopelessly divided. If CL was representative of all Charlton fans things would be much simpler, but it isn’t.
    Sorry.......but I disagree that we are hopelessly divided.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

We need to have a survey on this first

I only checked the thread as I thought there would be one of the famous polls to fill out... nothing says action like ticking a box.
  • Options
    Yes Clb 74, they have but it is within there constitution to do so if the trust board agree.
    In any case, he is standing for election at the next AGM, sorry what is the issue here!.... It was announced on the trust website........ "We are very pleased to announce that Jim Dutton will stand for election to the board of CAST at our AGM in the autumn and in the meantime will sit as a co-opted board member."

I have never met Jim personally by the way,If people want to oppose the nomination they have a right to do so at the AGM, if they are a registered member.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    We do love to snipe, don't we? No wonder Duchatelet worked out that the best tactic was divide and rule.
  • Options

We do love to snipe, don't we? No wonder Duchatelet worked out that the best tactic was divide and rule.

You give him way too much credit