Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    100 million for Richarlison and Sigurdsson is bonkers
  • Options
    Sage said:

https://youtu.be/vn3XLyn64uI

Long but interesting interview with Peterborough chairman. At about 26 minutes in mentions their "inquiry" for magennis

The part about Magennis to me says a lot. He says it was Charlton who leaked the story, he said it was just a phone call made by Barry Fry and what we came back with they believed it was too much what they feel the deal is worth. But he did also slightly imply that he could come back with an offer. He later goes on to say about other clubs put things out in the public for their own agendas.

It seems to me that by what he has said, we are actively looking to sell Magennis if we can get the right price and deal from him leaving. Either we would need to free up the wages for someone else, or Bowyer has a target in mind for a replacement that he feels would be good enough if we were to lose Magennis.

As the Chairman of Peterborough he is extremely open and maybe gives too much information away. If I was other clubs I wouldn’t be happy that he has spoken so freely about their business. Derby wanting to sign Marriott for example. It’s good to have honesty and transparency, but he is maybe too arrogant at times and I think that can lead to being too open.
    Thank you for putting this up. Very interesting interview. Another random guess. LB should offer Mag in exchange for Jack Baldwin. Both in their last year.
  • Options
    Moo said:

Sage said:

Long but interesting interview with Peterborough chairman. At about 26 minutes in mentions their "inquiry" for magennis

The part about Magennis to me says a lot. He says it was Charlton who leaked the story, he said it was just a phone call made by Barry Fry and what we came back with they believed it was too much what they feel the deal is worth. But he did also slightly imply that he could come back with an offer. He later goes on to say about other clubs put things out in the public for their own agendas.

It seems to me that by what he has said, we are actively looking to sell Magennis if we can get the right price and deal from him leaving. Either we would need to free up the wages for someone else, or Bowyer has a target in mind for a replacement that he feels would be good enough if we were to lose Magennis.

As the Chairman of Peterborough he is extremely open and maybe gives too much information away. If I was other clubs I wouldn’t be happy that he has spoken so freely about their business. Derby wanting to sign Marriott for example. It’s good to have honesty and transparency, but he is maybe too arrogant at times and I think that can lead to being too open.
    Thank you for putting this up. Very interesting interview. Another random guess. LB should offer Mag in exchange for Jack Baldwin. Both in their last year.
    He actually mentioned Jack Baldwin, but I can’t remember exactly what was said. I believe it was that he is on the transfer list because of being in his last year of contract, but they have a valuation they won’t budge on, something along those lines. I know that he said he a professional and isn’t letting the situation affect him. That I do remember.

He would certainly fix the centre back puzzle, but doing a form of swap for Magennis would leave us with a bigger issue up front.
  • Options
    I think the club have decided to try and sell Mag. Personally I would like to see him moved on and get someone else.
    Eoin Doyle from Preston is still available. Not sure if he would move down south.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

wmcf123 said:

Holmes was crap for the last 6-8 weeks before he left but if he can rediscover his form prior to that, yes please.

I'm currently abroad but happy to drive Magennis to Peterborough on my return

Unless we replace him with someone better what’s the point?
    Wander around Dartford for 5 minutes?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

redbuttle said:

Why can't we have a chairman like this. He evens replies to tweets from fans.
    We can ;-)
    Give it a rest, pllleeeaaaase....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    J BLOCK said:

CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

his girlfriend is based in london, he'd love to come back, only question is, could we get the budget to do the deal and does Bowyer see him as part of his plan? personally i'd love to see him back.

I think we have to move on. I don't know what happened, but he looked great. Then he stopped looking great. He'd be a gamble now, wouldn't he?
    one name Sullay Kaikai.... i'd have a shit ricky holmes over him any day of the week
    Agree but was told at the time that Holmes wasn't much missed at Sparrows Lane.
    Likes a sniff too ...
    Only players pants though.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

his girlfriend is based in london, he'd love to come back, only question is, could we get the budget to do the deal and does Bowyer see him as part of his plan? personally i'd love to see him back.

I think we have to move on. I don't know what happened, but he looked great. Then he stopped looking great. He'd be a gamble now, wouldn't he?
    one name Sullay Kaikai.... i'd have a shit ricky holmes over him any day of the week
    Agree but was told at the time that Holmes wasn't much missed at Sparrows Lane.
    Likes a sniff too ...
    Only players pants though.
    This
  • Options
    To clarify, I wasn’t talking about drugs
  • Options
    Big Mag on his way to Peterborough
  • Options
    Three players out before this game, Anfernee Dijksteel ill, now Fosu our best player injured, Taylor our new signing injured, Pratley our new signing not fit. No takeover, no money, players being sold, this is going to be a very bumpy ride
  • Options
    he will trip over 2 nano seconds after he signs for us and be out for 4 months
  • Options

He wasn’t even at the match v Crawley and neither was ajose apparently .
    They’re either injured or leaving! Pretty sure Magennis is leaving though.
    We have got a very tough season ahead me thinks
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bowyer wants another CM and sounds like that could end up being Ince.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b53678abe87e/former-brighton-midfielder-rohan-ince-to-feature-for-charlton-at-the-valley-on-tuesday-night

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b53656ff3fdc/bowyer-on-charltons-pre-season-win-against-crawley-fosu-and-taylor-injuries-and-transfers
    CafcSCP said:

He wasn’t even at the match v Crawley and neither was ajose apparently .
    They’re either injured or leaving! Pretty sure Magennis is leaving though.
    We have got a very tough season ahead me thinks
    The club cleared that up, they’re playing Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So it seems that Dawkins and Ince will be the two players we bring in to the midfield, both very good signings at this level, especially for free.

It seems as though Bowyer is expecting Magennis to go, and I would assume if he does, we might have to bring in another striker. Would love for that to be Eoin Doyle.

I believe we do need another keeper but have Phillips as number one. Another centre back and left back.

Still a fair bit of business to be done but it would seem we have two people already in the building that we are likely to sign.
  • Options
    Sage said:

So it seems that Dawkins and Ince will be the two players we bring in to the midfield, both very good signings at this level, especially for free.

Plus in midfield, we've already signed Pratley.
  • Options
    Sage said:

It seems as though Bowyer is expecting Magennis to go, and I would assume if he does, we might have to bring in another striker. Would love for that to be Eoin Doyle.

I believe we do need another keeper but have Phillips as number one. Another centre back and left back.

Still a fair bit of business to be done but it would seem we have two people already in the building that we are likely to sign.

Good summary. The fact we let Elliott Ward go because we have other CB targets also gives us hope that a CB is also lined up. Who we go for in that position may depend on whether Bauer stays or not i.e. do we need a first teamer or back up player.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Won't happen though! Not with RD still here!!
  • Options

IF the club rates Dillon, we need a journeyman No2 keeper, the sort who'd be happy to be on the bench and help Dillon, but is good enough to step in as well

IF the club doesn't rate Dillon, then we need another Rudd/Amos type, with presumably higher wages

Someone posted on here that Dave Martin is training with the club.

Whether that's training or on trial, I don't know.
  • Options
    Got it on good authority that Dave Martin is coming in on loan
  • Options

Got it on good authority that Dave Martin is coming in on loan

So he didn't want to sign for us on a free last summer but will come on loan this summer!! Ridiculous