Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs 2017/2018

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Coventry going to Wembley for the second season running. They took 45k to the Checkatrade final last year.

Hope they win the final, a club of their size should not be in league two.

One of my earliest memories in football was Coventry winning the 87 cup final.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury and now Coventry.
    Maybe we need to get to the final of the FL trophy before we can go Wembley in the playoffs
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Cov come up relatively easy away day
    Exeter come up new ground but a bit of a journey

Opposite for me. Done Exeter, not Coventry.

Done Coventrys old ground though, The 3-2 cup win was one of my first ever way games
  • Options

Shrewsbury and now Coventry.
    Maybe we need to get to the final of the FL trophy before we can go Wembley in the playoffs

We'll have to settle for a league and cup double with the Aussies next season
  • Options
    Hopefully, Exeter get promoted. Coventry is better location wise, but prefer to travel to smaller stadiums which is 80%full than big stadiums which are 20% full. I see one of those every other week.

I went Coventry in 07/08 season under Pardew, and Exeter in 10/11 season with Parkinson. Who ever goes up I will try and get to this game next season.

• Options
    just seen that the championship play off is on Saturday at 5pm. firstly i thought the championship game is usually on the Monday and I thought they could play at 3pm as the season is sort of over. also if it goes to extra time and penalties it will then clash with the champions league final. seems all a bit stupid to me.
  • Options

just seen that the championship play off is on Saturday at 5pm. firstly i thought the championship game is usually on the Monday and I thought they could play at 3pm as the season is sort of over. also if it goes to extra time and penalties it will then clash with the champions league final. seems all a bit stupid to me.

More players from the Championship are competing at the World Cup / Euros these days.

By ending the Play-Offs on Saturday it means that the players from either Squad (Mike Jedinak will be one) can join up with Australia quicker
  • Options
    explains the change of date but think the time could still be a problem if it does go to penalties. is the 3pm tv live match still a problem even at this stage of the season?
  • Options
    I guess that UEFA see the Football League as beneath them when thinking about scheduling so wont have factored it in.

There are plenty of times when there is a full set of midweek fixtures for the EFL come the Group Stages of the Champions League so they dont seem to care either
  • Options

all about the TV viewing figures, TV companies claim they get more for a 5pm KO as opposed to a 3pm one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hopefully, Exeter get promoted. Coventry is better location wise, but prefer to travel to smaller stadiums which is 80%full than big stadiums which are 20% full. I see one of those every other week.

I went Coventry in 07/08 season under Pardew, and Exeter in 10/11 season with Parkinson. Who ever goes up I will try and get to this game next season.

Exeter are currently replacing 2 stand, the main stand and away terrace. I don't think it will be ready for the start of the season, so capacity we play there will be incredibly tight.
  • Options

all about the TV viewing figures, TV companies claim they get more for a 5pm KO as opposed to a 3pm one
    And as Sky don't have the CL, they want people to stay watching them as long as possible, rather than watching the BT build up to the CL final.
  • Options

Been to both grounds, would have preferred either Lincoln or Notts County.

Exeter isn't new, we played them every season during our previous 3 year spell in L1!
    New ground for me personally
  • Options

And as Sky don't have the CL, they want people to stay watching them as long as possible, rather than watching the BT build up to the CL final.
    cheers for the answers chaps. makes sense in todays money obsessed football coverage.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury had more going to that pointless checkatrade final last month. i guess if you've been to Wembley the once you don't need to go again.
  • Options

24,000 total tickets sold for the final. Should we offer to host the match at the Valley?
    We defo would have sold our allocation if was around 20/25k , have no doubt about it regardless of Roland.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we'd have sold more than both of them combined.

But then we are a london club so you'd expect us to.
  • Options
    That is piss poor from both of them, does anyone know many have been sold for the League 2 game?
  • Options
    Coventry have sold almost 35k.
    I think i read Exeter have sold just over 10k.

Both sides are at Wembley for the 2nd season running.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How many Coventry at Notts County ....
    Mental

Reckon the crowd for the L2 play off will be bigger then the L1 play off.
  • Options

Mental

lol see post above yours .. i think you might be correct ;)
  • Options

Done Coventrys old ground though, The 3-2 cup win was one of my first ever way games
    And I'd guess still one of your best.
  • Options

Mental

lol see post above yours .. i think you might be correct ;)
    Yes I see that now....guess it's not rocket science.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I'm pretty sure we'd have sold more than both of them combined.

But then we are a london club so you'd expect us to.

Not just us, Pompey, Plymouth and Bradford would have brought big numbers as well
  • Options

And I'd guess still one of your best.
    Its up there!

Carlisle promotion, Fulham in the cup (for the atmosphere), Blackburn (a week after losing 6-1 at home), Jacko @ Hillsborough and Northwich Victoria are the ones that spring to mind. All for many different reasons!!
  • Options
    Decent crowd yesterday 85,000+....is that a record for a PO final.
  • Options

Not sure of the record but Boro v Norwich 3 years ago had about 400 more
  • Options
    87348 for Derby v QPR in 2014
  • Options

Not sure of the record but Boro v Norwich 3 years ago had about 400 more
    Highest attendance: 87,347 – Derby County vs QPR (Championship Final, 2014)