Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Surely Muir wouldn’t come all the way from AUS just for 90 mins of football - so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

You're getting carried away...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

sammy391 said:

Surely Muir wouldn’t come all the way from AUS just for 90 mins of football - so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

Let him, we haven't had much to get carried away with for a while :smile:
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Slightly concerning if the new owners don't have 40m to buy him out completely
    Been my concern with the Aussie bid all along that they don’t have the money needed to run the club

I will wait and see what the official line is before getting excited

If someone doesn’t have 40 mil to buy us out lock stock and smoking barrels then there is serious implications on them being able to make us compete in this league let alone any other ambitious plans they may think they can achieve

Just asking if there’s a reason why someone wouldn’t want to pay all the money immediately?

Or is it sale or return?
    If you were buying the club for £50m, would you think a deal to pay £30m and the balance of £20m back at the rate of 10% of youth player sales a good one?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

sammy391 said:

Let him, we haven't had much to get carried away with for a while :smile:
    Too true.

Reading this stuff has given me butterflies all night
    But I won't believe it until it's on the official site.

(That little masterpiece is for you Henry).
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Been my concern with the Aussie bid all along that they don’t have the money needed to run the club

If someone doesn’t have 40 mil to buy us out lock stock and smoking barrels then there is serious implications on them being able to make us compete in this league let alone any other ambitious plans they may think they can achieve

That's the original Aussie bid you're thinking of, before Muir got involved, I think.
    Pay attention Pike!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I expect they would rather pay the bill later if this is as this it seems a speculative bid to reach the Premier league which will then provide funds for debts to be paid and or sell the club, doesn't fill one with confidence
  • Options
    I was told months and months ago that the Aussie interest was preferred but was not the most financially beneficial choice to the club going forward of the three parties

Player sales % seems to be an ongoing trend in club sales so is not a surprise and if it’s 10% then it’s not that big a deal and I would expect there to be a buyout clause from the new owners on this aspect of the sale

It’s a wait and see moment we all want two shit chalets gone and that moment can’t come soon enough but it’s going to be a more toned down ambition for where and how we regain a footing in the London football scene let alone anything bigger than that over the next couple of seasons especially if we don’t go up this year

• Options
    has a price been agreed yet NLA?
  • Options
    the 10% of player sales should only be allowed for the time he was here, anyone in the academy/signed before that saggy bollock rocked up belong to CAFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

That's the original Aussie bid you're thinking of, before Muir got involved, I think.
    Pay attention Pike!

Disagree James I am not referring to the AA consortium I was told that this bid had not got the money required to take us back through the leagues

Don’t mistake personal wealth for money available to a project
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Well hopefully this is the last time I will post this.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF.

Desperately need some good news after last night so please let the takeover be confirmed soon.

I for one will miss this eloquent prose.
    Worth a promote I reckon.
  • Options
    There are still some juicy dates available...... http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction/p19

Gotta be next week though hasn't it!?
  • Options

Looks too much like Rod Stewart for my liking.

At first glance, I thought it was Barry Manilow
    He's on here isn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've all been aware, for some time now, that RD wanted around £40m and that nobody was stupid enough to pay that - but the stubborn idiot is determined to get it. It seems the only way for a buyer to acquire the club is to pay a lump sum up front and then drip feed the rest to him until he gets his £40m. and the Aussies seem willing to accommodate that. That's probably why they are the preferred bid. Now the devil will be in the details of the arrangement to drip feed the balance. I would guess that he will retain certain assets and then lease them back - and that the terms of the lease will mean that the assets transfer when he has got his £40m (or whatever number). Until the details are made available (if ever) then its all speculation. It does, however, mean that the club is rid of RD's influence and his only interest is that of an investor who will 'disappear' at some point. This is probably the only way we will get to see the back of him - all good as long as the asset ownership have terms agreed for their eventual transfer to the new owners.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

There are still some juicy dates available...... http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction/p19

Gotta be next week though hasn't it!?

Signed today. Two weeks for EFL to approve and announced on the Saturday I reckon. That's the 26th May by my reckoning. Whose got that date?
  • Options
    I can't pretend to know how it works but I thought, following FIFA's ban on third party ownership, economic rights agreements regarding player transfers were a complete no-no.
  • Options
    Following last nights on pitch debacle, this off pitch news soothes the pain.
  • Options
    Well, here's another day where I'm getting absolutely fuck all work done.

"We like to sell with Roland, cos Roland's not our mate! And when he sells the Addicks, he sells it all in EIGHT! SEVEN! SIX! (so on)"
  • Options
    If Roland is refusing to exchange until this season is resolved one way or another then potentially the exchange could take place next Monday should the team not be able to turn it around. Would certainly take some of the pain out of the result.
  • Options
    10% of youth player sales isn't a lot, let's be honest.

But I'd rather the full amount was paid off straight away.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!