Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sale of Charlton - (New Statement Page 1,960)

16736746766786791996

Comments

  • SDAddick said:

    Uboat said:

    Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

    That's interesting, because I think the consensus was that the British group didn't exist.
    But is it British front with foreign backers.

    You'd have to imagine.

    Once again, I'm not too keen on Saudi money.
    At the moment I am keen on anyone's money that isn't Roland.
    Getting fed up waiting for him to go so that I can experience some of the current positivity.
    I understand that. Though I would argue short-termism is how we ended up with Roland. The club was not far from going to the wall, and he kept us from doing that, which is good. The problem is, we were stuck with him for the next few years.
  • Not to be the constant bummer, but I can't really see the club being sold before it's determined what division we'll be in next year. From a money perspective I imagine a fair amount will be riding on that.

    There is of course a case to be made that you could structure a deal so that if we get promoted the, the cost is a, if we make the playoffs it's x, if we make it to Wembley it's y, and if we don't get to the playoffs it's z.

    Now you could make the case that you could structure a deal right now that has clauses that account for all those things. But given the inability to do that to this point, I can't really see it. Plus, Roland will probably be hoping that us getting promoted means more potential buyers could come into the frame.
  • Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

    Racehorse owners apparently!!!
  • Knowing Roland and his penny pinching ways it's probably more now about waiting for a possible Wembley pay-day/playoff TV money than what league we are in which has probably already been accounted for.
  • SDAddick said:

    Not to be the constant bummer, but I can't really see the club being sold before it's determined what division we'll be in next year. From a money perspective I imagine a fair amount will be riding on that.

    There is of course a case to be made that you could structure a deal so that if we get promoted the, the cost is a, if we make the playoffs it's x, if we make it to Wembley it's y, and if we don't get to the playoffs it's z.

    Now you could make the case that you could structure a deal right now that has clauses that account for all those things. But given the inability to do that to this point, I can't really see it. Plus, Roland will probably be hoping that us getting promoted means more potential buyers could come into the frame.

    What do you think the difference to the terms would be dependent on whether we are in L1 or the Championship?

    Do you think a consortium planning to buy and run the club properly for a couple of decades would be so concerned about this year's finishing position? To me it would be quite a worry if a buyer would be prepared to jeopardise a deal for the sake of a promotion that they should otherwise be confident of achieving anyway.
  • edited April 2018
    Chizz said:

    SDAddick said:

    Not to be the constant bummer, but I can't really see the club being sold before it's determined what division we'll be in next year. From a money perspective I imagine a fair amount will be riding on that.

    There is of course a case to be made that you could structure a deal so that if we get promoted the, the cost is a, if we make the playoffs it's x, if we make it to Wembley it's y, and if we don't get to the playoffs it's z.

    Now you could make the case that you could structure a deal right now that has clauses that account for all those things. But given the inability to do that to this point, I can't really see it. Plus, Roland will probably be hoping that us getting promoted means more potential buyers could come into the frame.

    What do you think the difference to the terms would be dependent on whether we are in L1 or the Championship?

    Do you think a consortium planning to buy and run the club properly for a couple of decades would be so concerned about this year's finishing position? To me it would be quite a worry if a buyer would be prepared to jeopardise a deal for the sake of a promotion that they should otherwise be confident of achieving anyway.
    Oh no I think the hold up here is Roland. I think that's largely been the case all along. The noises coming from those who know such things make it sound like he's moved the goal posts, asked for add ons, etc, and that would be wholly consistent with pretty much everything he's done here.

    From his perspective, why would you sell now when you could have a more valuable proposition in a month's time? If we get to Wembley and get promoted it's not like they hand you a big check and he can just walk away with it. If due diligence has been done then the buyer can look at the books and just adjust their price accordingly. I expect he'll want to use promotion as leverage to increase the price and probably try to attract more buyers, which he would hope drives up the price as well.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Best thing for altitude sickness? Coca leaves with alkaline substrate.

    Worked for the Incas for thousands of years. They hate cocaine though.
  • Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.
  • edited April 2018
    kentred2 said:

    Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

    We're fucked aren't we :-(
  • I am definitely not in the know,but think that the only logical explanation is that consortium A is bidding more, if we are in the Champioship next season,than consortium B and vice versa, if we are in League 1. But then again, when did logic ever apply to Charlton!
  • btrain88 said:

    I've been hiking the inca trail to Machu Picchu for the last 4 days and was hoping this would all be over by the time i was finished... the circus goes on

    I'm seriously jealous of you right now.
    Enjoy mate
  • edited April 2018
    kentred2 said:

    Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

    There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

    It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Why would RD be so worried about PV being involved? I can understand RM being worried as that would see an end to his seat at the top table.

    I would be supprised if RD knows who PV is outside of what RM would have told him.

    I doubt RD gives a toss who he sells us too, as long as he gets his dough.
  • He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

    If we have 15,000 plus next week against Blackburn and take 30,000 to Wembley the guy will be laughing his head off at us.

    Fickle fans who protest one week and flock in their thousands the next.

    Fuck him.

    #notapennymore

    Don't be silly mike we will do a Blackpool and take less than 5000 to Wembley.
    Hats off to you staying away
  • kentred2 said:

    Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

    There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

    It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Can't see the PV thing.

    If anything, I think he'd be more inclined to sell the loss making club he ruined to someone he can't stand.
    I agree with the above though. RD has no reason for beef with PV.
  • Didn't PV threaten his beloved Kat with legal action at one stage though? I can believe that
  • kentred2 said:

    Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

    There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

    It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Why would he be so bothered about Varney? Or is that Murray's influence / worry?
    He was forced to watch On the Buses when he was young, and hates anything to do with it
  • Cafc43v3r said:

    Why would RD be so worried about PV being involved? I can understand RM being worried as that would see an end to his seat at the top table.

    I would be supprised if RD knows who PV is outside of what RM would have told him.

    I doubt RD gives a toss who he sells us too, as long as he gets his dough.

    Perhaps Roland wants a share of future billboard advertising revenues.
  • edited April 2018

    kentred2 said:

    Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

    There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

    It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Can't see the PV thing.

    If anything, I think he'd be more inclined to sell the loss making club he ruined to someone he can't stand.
    I agree with the above though. RD has no reason for beef with PV.
    I’m not sure reason comes into it. If you’ve seen the ROT discussion with RD from last year it’s clear RD has some wild views about Varney and of course RM has his own agenda and reasons for reinforcing them.

    To my knowledge PV has not been involved in any recent interest, but that doesn’t mean they won’t worry that he is.

    I don’t know the truth of it, but the source of this is someone who doesn’t know anything about the history but is close to what is going on.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!