Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options
    #ShockHorror Charlton sign unfit player! Roll on Roland - lets hope the new owners actually have some ambition.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I didn't think he looked miles off being fit, I think he's just a very different player from Marshall and was not instructed to get up and back like Marshall was, but instead to push up and tuck in, presumably trying to force Smith-Brown and Henry back. He chased and at times dropped deep.

That's not to say he's 90 minutes fit, he may well not be having been out injured for a while. But given we had only a budget for wages, and we're in League One, there are always going to be trade offs. I imagine it's either sign an aging clogger or take a punt on a player with some class but who is coming off of a lengthy injury layoff.

Also, let's not judge a player based on ~20 minutes.
  • Options
    I mentioned this on the match thread. How come we go for a player who has had a major injury & not played a league game all season, whereas Oldham pick one from the same club who had scored 9 goals for Coventry during the first part of this season.

And Robinson said that we would be signing players in form & scoring.............
  • Options
    He didn't say when though.
  • Options

Unfit? Unfancied? Or just players in his position playing ok right now?

Has barely had a kick since signing.

According to the website we have an U23 game at Ipswich tomorrow, surely he needs to be given 90 minutes there?

Essential. I'm bringing my two Polish neighbours to the Shrewsbury match on Saturday (very generous), so I'm hoping he might make an appearance when we're two or three up.
  • Options
    This reminds me a bit of when we signed Mav on loan last year and didn't give him a run for ages , then when we did he looked quality
  • Options
    We can’t score enough goals to compensate for our inability to keep a clean sheet. We desperately need this lad to get playing and scoring.
  • Options
    Driesen signing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Driesen signing

Absolutely not.

• Options

We can’t score enough goals to compensate for our inability to keep a clean sheet. We desperately need this lad to get playing and scoring.

Who would he replace? Magennis is scoring at the moment.
  • Options

Unfit? Unfancied? Or just players in his position playing ok right now?

Has barely had a kick since signing.

According to the website we have an U23 game at Ipswich tomorrow, surely he needs to be given 90 minutes there?

I don't know why he hasn't played for our U23s already, or maybe he's not allowed to by his parent club?

His injury was nearly 2 years ago, assuming he's over it now his problem must be match fitness which will only come from playing games? After all there's no reason to assume that we can get him fitter than the Wolves fitness team!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

This reminds me a bit of when we signed Mav on loan last year and didn't give him a run for ages , then when we did he looked quality

You’re thinking of Da Silva.
  • Options
    Make sure he has under 23 games and plays the full 90 minutes ,ridiculous signing a player who has hardly played for 2 years
  • Options
    He's gonna score the winner in the play off final.
  • Options

Starting for the U23's today.

HALLELUJAH!
  • Options
    See he wasn’t in the team against Watford?

Fucking ridiculous signing a player and then not using him, is this just another signing to appease the fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As mentioned on the U23 thread... With Jackson / Pearce / Ajose playing - No further players over 23 could have been involved last night.

I understand both Pearce and Ajose playing to work on their fitness after injury, but why not Zyro ahead of Jacko?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

As mentioned on the U23 thread... With Jackson / Pearce / Ajose playing - No further players over 23 could have been involved last night.

I understand both Pearce and Ajose playing to work on their fitness after injury, but why not Zyro ahead of Jacko?

Getting up to speed for left back at Peterborough Saturday :wink:
  • Options

Big disappointment this one for me. Heard stuff coming out of Sparrows of how good he was looking and how impressed the coaching staff were. Not given a chance and it’s not like we’re scoring for fun is it.

Ive really liked him from what Ive seen on the pitch, he's only getting a few mins each time but there is talent there

Would honestly try him ahead of Kaikai
  • Options
    So what actually is the issue with him apart from fitness and is this just pettiness from the management team?

Anybody ITK got any thoughts on this, as others have said, we clearly can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo when it comes to scoring!
  • Options

if wolves wanted him playing U23 games he could have stayed with them.

They want him in the first team squad and my guess is that is part of the deal with Wolves.

Don't get why he's given so little time to prove himself but this is Robinson who only brings in more wingers.

I can only assume he was brought in to play the No 9 role, and since he's come in Josh has been playing well. We've also had relatively few games recently, with only 1 midweek match in February, so less need to rotate or take Josh off early
  • Options
    Robinson can't rate him can he? I don't really know why we bothered signing him up, if KR is going to put Ajose on before him.
  • Options
    He had as much time standing on the touchline v Shrewsbury than he has had game time.
  • Options
    I like what I’ve seen of Zyro. I, also, don’t understand why he hasn’t been used more. Would work well with Magennis in my opinion.