Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Back briefly to the Robbo interview, I hope the new owners keep him on and give him the funds to be able to get in who he wants in January, then if by the end of the season we get promotion or are in the play-offs, keep him on, if not and its his transfer dealings, say thanks but no thanks. I think he deserves being given a chance with some funds available. He certainly has a passion for CAFC, and he has that against the background he has had to work within.

I agree with this but it is a gamble to give him money to spend and then move him on six months later and have a new chap come in with different plans.

I think they either leave him in place with the intention of it being a ‘permanent’ position or they give him half a season with a limited recruitment budget (loans and short term contracts). The latter is likely to be less successful and if that is the way they are leaning it, probably, makes more sense to get a new chap in straight away.
    Parkinson was in a better place (League position) when he got the sack, than Robinson is at present.
  • Options

bobcafc7 said:

From someone who spoke to Katrien yesterday at the club. “She said the takeover is long way off yet as they need to make sure
    They get the best package for the club and not a owner who is borrowing Money from the banks”

Oh pleeeease!!!!!
    Goldfinger will go for whatever suits HIM best......he has not one single concern for the Addicks in any way shape or form and won’t give a shyte where the money comes from, be it Coutts on The Strand or Betty Hutchins post office account!
    cant find much about her online. apart from this... https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/profile/bhutchins4

American consortium possibly? can Napa or SDaddick shed any light?

part of a group called scrum. meaning:
    Scrum (n): A framework within which people can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.

sounds good to me
    The REAL Betty Hutchens remains an aloof and secretive mover and shaker in many things CAFC.
    ahh, i see, ITK. keep it under your hat type of thing. fair enough.
  • Options

I hope I am wrong but initially having seen Meire and Joyes' departures as a precursor for a sale within days I realised that this Duchatelet's Charlton.

So it is quite possible that Roland has let his CEO and FD depart, possibly having expected a completed sale by now, and so left the club even more rudderless than normal during a possible takeover and a vital transfer window.

People rightly celebrated the news that Meire was going and the belated admission that there were takeover talks taking place but we're not over the line just yet.

If they had resigned then, given their lofty positions, there are likely to have been on at least a three-month notice period. So either this was planned months ago, or he has shown unexpected generosity for their loyalty and allowed them to go without giving the necessary notice, or they have jumped.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I hope I am wrong but initially having seen Meire and Joyes' departures as a precursor for a sale within days I realised that this Duchatelet's Charlton.

So it is quite possible that Roland has let his CEO and FD depart, possibly having expected a completed sale by now, and so left the club even more rudderless than normal during a possible takeover and a vital transfer window.

People rightly celebrated the news that Meire was going and the belated admission that there were takeover talks taking place but we're not over the line just yet.

If they had resigned then, given their lofty positions, there are likely to have been on at least a three-month notice period. So either this was planned months ago, or he has shown unexpected generosity for their loyalty and allowed them to go without giving the necessary notice, or they have jumped.
    Just don't see a 3 month notice period being relevant here.
    she was given the job despite having f*** all credentials for it.
    Would suspect she left in the same puff of smoke from whence she came.
  • Options
    It is only a ' vital transfer window ' if the cloob intended doing business , if a sale is not completed there won't be any business being done except possibly a sale
  • Options

Has anyone heard from Doucher? I hope he's ok!

He'll be along soon to announce that he was right all along.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Back briefly to the Robbo interview, I hope the new owners keep him on and give him the funds to be able to get in who he wants in January, then if by the end of the season we get promotion or are in the play-offs, keep him on, if not and its his transfer dealings, say thanks but no thanks. I think he deserves being given a chance with some funds available. He certainly has a passion for CAFC, and he has that against the background he has had to work within.

I agree with this but it is a gamble to give him money to spend and then move him on six months later and have a new chap come in with different plans.

I think they either leave him in place with the intention of it being a ‘permanent’ position or they give him half a season with a limited recruitment budget (loans and short term contracts). The latter is likely to be less successful and if that is the way they are leaning it, probably, makes more sense to get a new chap in straight away.
    Parkinson was in a better place (League position) when he got the sack, than Robinson is at present.
    Robinson has more points.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

We can’t assume Joyes isn’t serving his notice. Meire, in my opinion, has been allowed to go because she has nothing useful to contribute anyway. Murray will be keen to be more involved and RD won’t understand the limitations of his past involvement.

One former director - not PV - said to me immediately that it is out of the frying pan into the fire (i.e. Meire to Murray).
  • Options
    Rumours online of a Swiss consortium sniffing around
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

mogodon said:

We can’t assume Joyes isn’t serving his notice. Meire, in my opinion, has been allowed to go because she has nothing useful to contribute anyway. Murray will be keen to be more involved and RD won’t understand the limitations of his past involvement.

One former director - not PV - said to me immediately that it is out of the frying pan into the fire (i.e. Meire to Murray).
    Blimey, that's an interesting comment - quite a surprising one too IMO. I've been a massive critic of Murray, but even so... it's difficult to imagine someone with his experience being worse than Daisy.

Any chance of knowing whether Murray is going to try and cling to his position post-takeover, Airman?
  • Options

mogodon said:

If Murray is a short-term stopgap to ease a sale through, then we can live with that. If he is a longer-term 'solution' then nothing will change. As far as many, if not most, fans are concerned Murray is too tainted by association to have any credibility once Duchatalet sells.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

Blimey, that's an interesting comment - quite a surprising one too IMO. I've been a massive critic of Murray, but even so... it's difficult to imagine someone with his experience being worse than Daisy.

Any chance of knowing whether Murray is going to try and cling to his position post-takeover, Airman?
    Put your house on it.
  • Options
    KR mentioned something about no being able to spend money on players, he wished he could. When asked about Griggs I think. So maybe he can sign frees and loans only in the transfer window until a takeover is agreed?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I didn’t think Parkinson should have been sacked either. At the time there was no indication that Chris Powell was coming in but in any event Parkinson had done a good job managing us when we had no money and we’re sellibg everything we could.

I’m not sure we wouldn’t have gone up that season had Parkinson been allowed to spend the money Powell did in the January. We will never know but Parkinson is gone on to be successful since at two clubs.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Rumours online of a Swiss consortium sniffing around

Other than my comments on here and ages ago where else are these rumours @J Block?
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

Put your house on it.
    How much is his loan to the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even though it does sound like KR is saying it hasn't yet been done, I still reckon it must be.

Can't see why Meire would go if it hasn't. It might take months to go through DD and then sell and we'd need a CEO in that time.

Since when did we have a CEO?
    Point taken. I meant we’d need someone somewhat in charge.
    No problem Leeds Addick
  • Options
    Murray has to be judged on his actions over the past three years, in defendable and needs to get out of the club
  • Options

Murray only cares about himself and his own ego and interests. He hasn't got the best interests of the club at heart. He needs to go.

He just doesn’t seem to be able to let go. He reminds me of the comedy movies when a bloke is leaving a woman and she is holding on to his ankles being dragged along the floor as he’s walking away.
  • Options
    sm said:

LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

Put your house on it.
    How much is his loan to the club?
    I’m not sure it’s about the money anymore. It seems like it’s about the prestige of still being involved. Maybe he wants to leave when the club are better positioned so that his legacy won’t be leaving when the club is at rock bottom, but I don’t think he’d volunteer to leave even then.
  • Options
    So is this Betty Hutchens , is she Swiss or Australian? She doesn't sound very Greek.
  • Options
    £44 million deal?.
  • Options
    A word for word comment from a colleague in Melbourne who I asked about the possibility of Andrew Muir being involved in a takeover, "It would be safe to say that there would not be many Aussies interested in owning an English Soccer Club".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!