Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    sm said:

LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

I hope I am wrong but initially having seen Meire and Joyes' departures as a precursor for a sale within days I realised that this Duchatelet's Charlton.

So it is quite possible that Roland has let his CEO and FD depart, possibly having expected a completed sale by now, and so left the club even more rudderless than normal during a possible takeover and a vital transfer window.

People rightly celebrated the news that Meire was going and the belated admission that there were takeover talks taking place but we're not over the line just yet.

If they had resigned then, given their lofty positions, there are likely to have been on at least a three-month notice period. So either this was planned months ago, or he has shown unexpected generosity for their loyalty and allowed them to go without giving the necessary notice, or they have jumped.
    We can’t assume Joyes isn’t serving his notice. Meire, in my opinion, has been allowed to go because she has nothing useful to contribute anyway. Murray will be keen to be more involved and RD won’t understand the limitations of his past involvement.

One former director - not PV - said to me immediately that it is out of the frying pan into the fire (i.e. Meire to Murray).
    Blimey, that's an interesting comment - quite a surprising one too IMO. I've been a massive critic of Murray, but even so... it's difficult to imagine someone with his experience being worse than Daisy.

Any chance of knowing whether Murray is going to try and cling to his position post-takeover, Airman?
    Put your house on it.
    How much is his loan to the club?
    £2m secured by a debenture repayable on promotion to the Premier League IIRC.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Robinson interview backs up my statement that DD had not happened
    Knew about meire going in the morning a bit before it was announced
    one striker nailed down to be signing in january - definite - been with us before, another, more experienced well into talks but a snag has developed
    konsa will not be going without a loan back
    heard a possible lookman loan
    RM running the show following meire resignation

As ever, offering info for the board - not a wind up - if you don't like it or believe it - tough, poke it up your hole - no further posts from me in response to above.

Which Lookman? His Mum or Dad?
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

one striker nailed down to be signing in january - definite - been with us before, another, more experienced well into talks but a snag has developed

As ever, offering info for the board - not a wind up - if you don't like it or believe it - tough, poke it up your hole - no further posts from me in response to above.

Can I have that in writing
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

From someone who spoke to Katrien yesterday at the club. “She said the takeover is long way off yet as they need to make sure
    They get the best package for the club and not a owner who is borrowing Money from the banks”

Deluded...just stop talking & go know please...!!!,
  • Options

DD has not even started yet.

We know for a fact that’s wrong
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Johnnysummers5 said
    Can I have that in writing

It is in writing.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

How are you so in the know @Valley27000?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

We know for a fact that’s wrong
    A DD perhaps. All DD perhaps not.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Rumours online of a Swiss consortium sniffing around

There were definitely Swiss about earlier in the year. Meire cancelled a meeting after they had flown in.
    ????????? Unbelievable ........................... there again maybe not !
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Yann Kermorgant or Darren Bent?
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

I know who I would prefer
  • Options

Let’s say we believe Doucher for a second, I’d say the striker we’ve had before is more likely to be Mavididi than anyone else.

That would make sense, don't think he's been playing for Preston?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Yann, I assume. But wouldn't it be wonderful to see the pair of them playing together if only for a few games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Wheniwaslittleboy said on here two weeks ago that two players had already been signed and I think redhenry said the same. Old news.

Yann scored for Reading today.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Yann, I assume. But wouldn't it be wonderful to see the pair of them playing together if only for a few games.
    We'd win with pace.
  • Options
    Obika?
  • Options

Let’s say we believe Doucher for a second, I’d say the striker we’ve had before is more likely to be Mavididi than anyone else.

But Robinson said that he's be 6ft & would be "in form" and currently scoring goals.............and scousers don't lie, do they ?
  • Options
    The snag - they're still here...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That would make sense, don't think he's been playing for Preston?
    Agree
  • Options

It would certainly make the most sense.

Oh goody! The player who has never scored a senior goal, the answer to all our problems...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!