Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just heard Les

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
on Final Score. He said they had a game plan which was to keep it tight and then try and nick it as it opened up later on.

However somebody gave the ball away in midfield for the first goal and there was a loss of concentration leading to unmarked Boro players for the second goal.

The game plan sounded good to me. Who made the mistakes though?

Comments

• Options
    That's a crap game plan.

keep it tight. he is a clown. we don't have the players to keep it tight in midfield.
  • Options
    Our midfield is paper thin and everyone that watches us says were rubbish, complete toilet, utterly inept..... he needs to do something that will fix them there confidence is low, granted but they arent manically depressed or properly mentally ill.... so its up to the manager to raise them to help them lift their game and he clearly CANNOT do that.. he hasnt the experience or the knowledge, he is not a manager who has been in times of difficulty before, he does not have the ACTUAL experiences to draw upon... he doesnt know what works and what doesnt..... I think Pardew does as he has seen and dealt with pressure before.....
  • Options
    that is the game plan of every side outside the top 4.

nothing in football ever goes to plan. you need to be able to react in the right way to many different permatations.
  • Options
    From the radio naming names, Sankofa for the first and Kish for the second.
  • Options
    Mascot, he is a manager, there is no doubt about that, but being a manager and a FOOTBALL manager are two totally different things I think.
  • Options
    rumour:can't back it up but reed was asked to resign after wycombe but les refused and defeat against boro meant that he would be sacked! probably total bull,anyway,but i am waiting for the announcement.
  • Options
    What he said:

Good Attitude

Came to frustrate and keep things tight,

basic footbal errors,

more passion, more hard work shown today.

Need to keep poscession better, mistakes were avoidable.

Try and create more and when Darren starts scoring it will be good for us. (doh!)
  • Options
    Sure.....

Pickwick I was talking about him being a football manager.......
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Stop it Len - anyone could come up with a game plan - he is supposed to be in charge of these players, and he patently is not.

He has to go NOW
  • Options
    Sorry for being pedantic, just frustration at the general state of things coming out.

We are relegated with Les in charge that I have no doubt, whether anyone else could turn it round I question but we will never know unless we try.

Whoever we could get in needs to come in ASAP so they can direct purchasing in Jan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the problems is arguably that he is NOT a manager - he's the Head Coach.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the difference is, but it seems to come back to the various issues of why Billy Davies needed to take his time in deciding if he wanted the job, the subsequent appointment of Dowie etc etc.

All in all it's a total mess, but the key point is that we're sunk bar some miraculous turnaround, and no one bar the Board seem to believe that Les is the man to lead it.
  • Options
    i wouldn't say 'the board'. I'm convinced that Murray is possibly one of the only ones backing Reed. Unfortunately, its his say really.
  • Options
    Sky just announced yet another meeting has been called between the management and players.

They have had more meetings than an AA group in the run up to Christmas....
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    LOL, nice one AFKA that made me laugh!!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    all true charlton fans heard it first here,locked on nailed on FACT!