Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Perfect Weekend?

A weekend away with my son to visit my daughter and watch my Charlton play. Bloody perfect.

A Friday night journey of four hours, talking football, listening to my kind of music, a decent meal half way up and some real father/son bonding.

A late night arrival in Hull, a hug or two from my daughter, a few drinks and some catching up.

A lazy Saturday morning, a cooked breakfast and a trip to her local for a few pre match drinks.

An arranged meet with a couple of fellow Addicks and a gentle stroll to the ground, with more gossip about the comings and goings at The Valley. For sure, there is plenty to talk about at the moment.

Arrive at the KC 10 minutes before kick off, cheering the lads on non stop and hoping and praying for at least an away goal and 'a performance'.

Post match, back into Hull, a few more bevies and something to eat. Return to daughters house to watch MOTD whilst the youngster go out clubbing or whatever it is they do.

Another lazy Sunday morning waiting for said youngsters to surface. Casual drive home on the Sunday.

The only thing about that perfect weekend that I can't guarantee is the performance of my football club. Please JJ and the boys, whatever is happening in the background, concentrate on the job in hand, put in the effort and with the ability you have, make my weekend perfect.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, that sounds nice. Hope you get the performance you are hoping for. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    Addickted - it's great feeling when you are obviously relishing every minute of it. Enjoy it irrespective of the result. I suspect the team will keep it close given the fact Fraye has gone and they get an opportunity to impress Riga. Still think we will lose though.
  • Options
    Hope the results works out for you as the weekend sounds crackin
  • Options
    Sounds perfect. You just know that it's all going to be spoilt by 90 minutes of football though, right?
  • Options
    'listening to my kind of music'.... look forward to Bens version of events having driven back from St Truiden with you ;-)
  • Options
    With the attitude you seem to have almost nothing can ruin the weekend - especially if you are expecting little from the game.

It sounds like the sort of weekend that will make memories that will be discussed for decades.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    All sounds very similar to my experiences in November for the Boro game. The only thing you can do is tell yourself that 90 awful minutes is a small % of the entire weekend...
  • Options
    Addickted said:

A weekend away with my son to visit my daughter and watch my Charlton play. Bloody perfect.

A Friday night journey of four hours, talking football, listening to my kind of music, a decent meal half way up and some real father/son bonding.

A late night arrival in Hull, a hug or two from my daughter, a few drinks and some catching up.

A lazy Saturday morning, a cooked breakfast and a trip to her local for a few pre match drinks.

An arranged meet with a couple of fellow Addicks and a gentle stroll to the ground, with more gossip about the comings and goings at The Valley. For sure, there is plenty to talk about at the moment.

Arrive at the KC 10 minutes before kick off, cheering the lads on non stop and hoping and praying for at least an away goal and 'a performance'.

Post match, back into Hull, a few more bevies and something to eat. Return to daughters house to watch MOTD whilst the youngster go out clubbing or whatever it is they do.

Another lazy Sunday morning waiting for said youngsters to surface. Casual drive home on the Sunday.

The only thing about that perfect weekend that I can't guarantee is the performance of my football club. Please JJ and the boys, whatever is happening in the background, concentrate on the job in hand, put in the effort and with the ability you have, make my weekend perfect.

i'm gonna contact the child support agency, that's cruelty at it's most heinous!
  • Options
    Hold on, you can go clubbing too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guarantee to make it perfect leave in the 44th minute
  • Options
    Bump. Sorry Nick - are you back in the pub yet?
  • Options
    You might need a few!
  • Options
    Charlton playing on a Monday.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

How's your weekend going? (:
  • Options
    At least the away numbers are up eh @oohaahmortimer ?
  • Options
    As weekends go......
  • Options

Addickted - it's great feeling when you are obviously relishing every minute of it. Enjoy it irrespective of the result. I suspect the team will keep it close given the fact Fraye has gone and they get an opportunity to impress Riga. Still think we will lose though.

Close a.
  • Options
    Back in the nice warm pub still wondering how both our centre Halves earn significantly more than me.
  • Options
    Oh Dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh Dear.

I'd have thought, as a Club employee, you could at least show a little sympathy.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Back in the nice warm pub still wondering how both our centre Halves earn significantly more than me.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, drink the result out of your system.
  • Options
    Getting there Ricky, getting there.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I would say this has been the perfect weekend. Charlton Win, Minnesota Vikings win, Millwall and Palace lose and topped off by getting hooned on the Saturday night with some old friends not seen for a few years.
  • Options
    We won our Sunday match 3-2 with a late winner also despite an injury crisis, so definitely perfect for me. Was great watching the Palace penalty miss and Lookman putting in the cross for Everton's first.