Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton youngster Pedro Vinagre Pedrosa Neves (Pepe) wanted by Brasil

Comments

• Options
    Is he ready for the first team? (that's a joke).

Sounds like a potential star. Wonder how we got him from Brazil at 14?
  • Options
    Looks like we did a wet spam and looked after his mum and dad :-)
  • Options
    That actually sounds quite exciting. In reality, however, he will either end up being dogshit and partnering Mark Debolla up front for Gravesend and Northfleet, or if not will be signed up to Spurs or West Ham before he's turned 18.
  • Options
    I'd say he's mustard, but he's clearly already vinegar.
  • Options

That actually sounds quite exciting. In reality, however, he will either end up being dogshit and partnering Mark Debolla up front for Gravesend and Northfleet, or if not will be signed up to Spurs or West Ham before he's turned 18.

Mark DeBolla scored the winner in one of my favourite ever Bromley games, away at Eastbourne.

Good fact that.
  • Options
    blimey, if he's half as good as being stated, then he will be some talent
  • Options
    Where's Dick Plumb when you need information on a youth player?
  • Options

Keep him playing here and we can take him for England... Henderson, to Harry Kane, up to England starlet Pedro Vinagre Pedrosa Nevese Pepeeeeee!!!

Henderson's Irish...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who or earth scouted him? Quite a commitment to then bring his family over (don't tell Nigel Farrage) when he's under no obligation to sign a professional contract
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Where's Dick Plumb when you need information on a youth player?

I only watch the U18s and U21s, he is a bit young.
  • Options
    I thought in Brazil players wernt allowed to leave for football reasons until the age of 18? I guess charlton found a loophole of some kind.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Keep him playing here and we can take him for England... Henderson, to Harry Kane, up to England starlet Pedro Vinagre Pedrosa Nevese Pepeeeeee!!!

Henderson's Irish...
    Who Jordan? :-)
  • Options
    It won't take long to Charltonise him ....
  • Options
    How tall is he ?
  • Options

How tall is he ?

Depends if you're sitting down or standing up.
  • Options
    Bloody hell... Pair him with our Nigerian Wonderkid and things are looking even better for the Academy
  • Options
    Do they know we're not in the premier league??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who on earth would name their son Peter Vinager?
  • Options
    Halix said:

Who on earth would name their son Peter Vinager?

Someone who owned a chip shop?
  • Options
    I'll call him Sarsons
  • Options
    The Nigerian and the Brazilian have the same agent. Pedro is an under 14 and Edward is an under 15 but is a bit older by a year or two. All the talk being spoken about these two boys is tosh. All agent related. I really wouldn't get too excited.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Bit tricky that given Mark Debolla now lives in Florida :smile:
  • Options
    I will never get excited a player I have never seen play. Put it down to experience.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

The Nigerian and the Brazilian have the same agent. Pedro is an under 14 and Edward is an under 15 but is a bit older by a year or two. All the talk being spoken about these two boys is tosh. All agent related. I really wouldn't get too excited.

Could you not let us dream, by the time they are ready for the first team (if ever), we would have forgotten all this hype
  • Options
    Macronate said:

quick, sell him for a paltry amount.

But that's the Charlton way.
  • Options
    Great family and Pedro is a lovely kid, but @markmc68 is right.
    Pedro has great feet, but was brought up on street football meaning that he tends to hold on to the ball too long and get caught in possession. Nice story but over hyped!!
  • Options
    I sent a message to the Brazillian and Portuguese FM researchers to ask if they knew about him. He was an u11 at Corinthians in Brazil a couple of years ago (where he was known as Pedro, rather than Pepe). He's only 13 but he'll play for our u15s.

It was also suggested moves like this usually come about through the family wanting to move to Europe. They may have contacted several teams. Sporting Lisbon and West Ham were also interested but his family chose our offer.

I thought in Brazil players wernt allowed to leave for football reasons until the age of 18? I guess charlton found a loophole of some kind.

I mentioned that, it's possible if the player has a European passport.