Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The fantastic OB

They are quite happy to treat you like animals at football grounds up and down the country, with their hundreds of robocop pals, telling you where you can and can't go, what you can and can't do, marching you all over the shop with licence to ask you anything they like expecting a reply, but when it comes to being burgled at 10pm, you are still waiting for any police attention at nearly 4am... thank god they have got their priorities right.

Comments

• Options
    If you are saying you've been burgled, I'm sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that.
    Give them a ring, tell them you caught one, and what you are going to do to them.
    See how quick they come round then.
  • Options
    yeah tell them you've got one and you are going to kill the scum bag if they don't get there
  • Options
    sorry about you being burgled.i got done a couple of years ago and although the police didn't turn up instantly,but when they did come they were excellent.honestly,if they had handed me a satisfaction survey i would have given them 10 in all the boxes.
  • Options
    again, i'm very sorry that you have been burgled!

I'm with threadkiller on this- we woke to burglars actually in the house called the OB and they were there in seconds and caught them in the act!

Hope you get it all sorted soon ISLS
  • Options
    cheers for the nice words, unfortunately we came home to find glass everywhere and a total smash and grab job with nobody in sight apart from some bastard's big boot marks all over the house

police haven't bothered coming this morning either... obviously depends on where you live Threadkiller, to say i'm not impressed might be an understatement!
  • Options
    That is terrible,sorry to hear your bad news
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this, Isaw, it's rotten to have your home violated.
  • Options
    Not been burgled but I used to have problems with people vandalising my utility boxes while they congregated around my neighbour - a known drug user (I have log since moved). More times than not they couldn't be bothered to turn up yet cars seemed to arrive at the nearby Medico Legal Centre every five minutes or so. But what do you expect from a police force whose top traffic cop (Med Hughes) gets done for speeding?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Make sure you make an official complaint though. Nothing will improve if you don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that. I was burgled once when I lived in Bromley, whilst my wife and I were asleep in bed. They managed to open a sash window and got away with the tele and one or two other bits. Fortunately they didn't smash the glass. Its the feeling that some scum bag's been wandering over your house that got me.
  • Options
    It's a very harsh to accept violation of your castle and home should be a place where you feel safe. I'm sure plod don't choose to treat these with a low priority as they are short staffed as it is, however it is bloody difficult to take when something like this has happened and you are effectively ignored by the people whose wages are paid for by you.

Hope you get it sorted out mate
  • Options
    sorry to hear that isls.
    we got burgled when i was a kid. we were away at the time but the gut wrenching feeling that someone had been through our house has never gone.
    since leaving home have never been done (touches wood) but have often thought what would i do if i caught someone. not being a violent person, i find it surprising that i can picture myself nailing the bastard to my floorboards and hooking their bollocks with my 3 iron, before sticking a sack over their head, taking them to the middle of nowhere, dousing them in petrol and making them light a match.
  • Options
    haha i might have given them a smack with a large blunt object but the godfather treatment wasn't on my mind ;-)

police came yesterday lunchtime, apart from a replacement window and concern it will happen again (and having the most useless letting agency in the world who have still not responded to an emergency voicemail on their mobile) things are back to normal.

thanks for the concern lads!
  • Options
    Getting burgled is close to the worst experience of my life. For months afterward just coming up the driveway made me nervous. The missus is still completely irrational about it - she made me fit internal locks on all the doors even though I tried to explain to her that once some pikey has broken into your house from the outside, some internal locks on the doors aren't going to put him off - he'll jkust kick the ****ers down.

The old bill took ages to get to ours as well - we live in Croydon so its hardly surprising. When the bloke did come round he was great - he told us right there and then that there wasn't much chance of catching them, but they would try their damnedest to do so. I told him what would have happened if I'd come home and caught them at it - he laughed and said that contrary to what you hear about or read in the papers, you would usually get away with it provided you could prove it was in self defence. I feel sorry for the decent coppers out there - there are still a few about - but they are utterly overrun now with 20-something ****pots with glue in their hair who don't give a monkeys about the job - they just want the 28k starting salary and the move to a DC within two years then sail off towards their pension doing f all.

Grrrrr
  • Options
    Next time I see any of you chaps I will tell you the most heart warming story of what happened to a burglar at the home of an Irish chap I know.

It would put any man off burglary for life and then some.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Next time I see any of you chaps I will tell you the most heart warming story of what happened to a burglar at the home of an Irish chap I know.

It would put any man off burglary for life and then some.

do tell dicko??
  • Options
    I'll tell you at Stoke dude
  • Options
    3 years back brand new motor burgled to nick car keys. 11Pm at night WPC turned up she was first class. Told her not to bother knocking on the peeps next door as OAPs ,she said they would be back next day. They were two of the most arogant wooden toptwats that you couldnt wish for. They coulnt give a monkeys grilled me about baseball bat on wall !! I actually told them to f**k off in end.

Clsoe work mate was stalked by ex BF. He smashed her place up, attacked her and stole her contact book. She was a Senior manager in sales and marketing. This scum bag then went on to phone EVERY one in her book and explain what they used to get up to. Including phonong her parents etc. I went to her flate got her gear, got HR to phone all her conatcts and explain she had lost her address book etc, Got the top boss to give her time off etc. Moved her to her brothers hse.
    two years later she joined OB she asked me what i thought and i told her dealing with the scum of the earth each day will change you for ever. She still joined.18 months ago i needed a character ref` , i asked her if she would. She refused and said the Police Federation had advised her not to !
  • Options
    had a similar thing with OB last week, walking home from a night out and some nutter pulls a knife out on me, it was only 2 min walk from the police staion so i reported it within 5 mins at most, they did not even send anyone out to look and only yesteday over a week later a copper knowcks on my door for a statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They were probably all out nicking people going 5mph over the speed limit - that's where the money's at.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]They were probably all out nicking people going 5mph over the speed limit - that's where the money's at.
    Not for much longer, i heard they are going to start ignoring speed offences, not service the GATSO's etc and hope to hit the government for £110 million as a result!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    two years later she joined OB she asked me what i thought and i told her dealing with the scum of the earth each day will change you for ever. She still joined.18 months ago i needed a character ref` , i asked her if she would. She refused and said the Police Federation had advised her not to !

Im not sure this was supposed to make me laugh... but it did!!!
  • Options
    Well as long as it made you laugh B thats ok !! She didnt have the front to even tell me face to face it was by text ! The woman had class once , that all went when she put on the uniform.
  • Options
    We had our shed broken into on Sunday night between 8pm and 11pm... with us sat in the house just a dozen or so feet away watching TV.

Rang old bill who said they'd send us a form to fill out. Thanks!