Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Season's Squad if we go down

Without wishing to be pessimistic - I hope this issue is academic and we stay up. But if we don't, do we want the vast majority of this season's no hopers/out of contract players to be cleared out and have a fresh start whatever that means? Or do we think that the likes of Hollands, Pritchard, Green, Evina etc were good enough in league 1 last time round so we should keep them and blend with the best of the kids and Roland's bunch of travelling minstrels?

Personally, I hope we have a great big clear out save for the likes of Morro and Dervite. There are about ten of this years squad who I hope I never have to see in a Charlton strip again. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options

Without wishing to be pessimistic - I hope this issue is academic and we stay up. But if we don't, do we want the vast majority of this season's no hopers/out of contract players to be cleared out and have a fresh start whatever that means? Or do we think that the likes of Hollands, Pritchard, Green, Evina etc were good enough in league 1 last time round so we should keep them and blend with the best of the kids and Roland's bunch of travelling minstrels?

Personally, I hope we have a great big clear out save for the likes of Morro and Dervite. There are about ten of this years squad who I hope I never have to see in a Charlton strip again. Thoughts?

I'd wager that anyone you want to keep will be looking to leave anyway, and those willing to stay are probably on your clear out list! If we go down, we'll be starting again.

But we're not going down.
  • Options
    Would be shocked to see Evina ever represent us again.
    Some of he's performances earlier in the season were absolutely woeful and he bottled many challenges.
    Hollands won't stay, as we haven't really given him a chance this season and we've been that bad.
    Really not sure if Danny Green actually wants to play football anymore.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Championship - Get rid of most of them.

League One - Get rid of most of them.

certainly get rid if the dead wood such as..
    Green,Hollands,Church,Evina,Sordell,Obika,Pritchard,Hughes,Ghoochanijad,Nego,Koc,
    Sounds like Solly and Cort may not be around either.

If we can get a decent striker in with what sounds like Joe Gomez being promoted to the first team, plus maybe one other from the yoof , and also maybe a quality player from Liege, then we might have a reasonable solution - else we are gonna be bookies favourite for relegation if we manage to stay in Champs.
  • Options
    Based on his recent performances, I'd like to see us keep Reza past the summer.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I do hate the term "dead wood" as if they are objects not people. The fact that they are not considered good enough for the championship is not their fault. If they tried their best, then good luck to them wherever they go.

"useless or burdensome persons or things"
  • Options
    Danny green looks like he has put on a lot of weight
  • Options
    Dead woods, blimey a tad drastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    keep:

GK:
    Hamer

RB:
    Solly

CB:
    Morro
    Dervite
    Wood

LB:
    Wiggins
    Fox

RM:
    Wilson

CM:
    Cousins
    Poyet (bit hopeful)
    Jackson
    AA (again hopeful)

LM:
    Hariott (loan him out)

ST:
    Reza
    Obika (maybe)
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Danny green looks like he has put on a lot of weight

I thought the same when he came on yesterday. 2nd fattest guy on the pitch (after the ref).
  • Options
    IMO we should keep: Hamer, solly, morrison, devite, wiggins, wilson, cousins, jackson, poyet, harriot (as long as he's playing on the left wing, he doesnt know what he's doing on the right), AA if we can and prob obika if we can for definate. But wood and reza should also be considered. Danny Green.... whatever division we're in, he... he can fuck off
  • Options

There will plenty of time for this over the summer.

Let's wait and see what division we are before start picking who's to stay and who to go.

Nothing wrong with the thread, no real need to comment if you don't like it.
  • Options
    Didn't particularly notice DG carrying a few extra pounds, maybe he's been working out or using maxi muscle?