Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Lower Concourse - Half Time Punch Up

What was that all about. Middled aged bloke absolutely cover in blood and a youngish bloke shouting at him... Not a pretty sight

Comments

• Options
    Diversion tactics.
  • Options
    Makes you wonder what goes through people's minds.

Many pathetic people living in this world.
  • Options
    Pwopa nawty it got I erd
  • Options
    It is usually not what goes through their minds but down their throats!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was pretty close to the incident the bloke who got attacked was pretty hammered and was shouting abuse at people, someone didn't take to kindly to him and started punching the guy in the head Infront of his kids. Was in the queue with my 6 year old daughter who luckily never noticed the attack or the guy walking up and down the concourse full of claret over his face. Don't expect to see this kind of behavior at Charlton go and support millwall.
  • Options
    creatine
  • Options

It is usually not what goes through their minds but down their throats!

And up there nostrils
  • Options
    What a good day all round, eh?
  • Options

I was pretty close to the incident the bloke who got attacked was pretty hammered and was shouting abuse at people, someone didn't take to kindly to him and started punching the guy in the head Infront of his kids. Was in the queue with my 6 year old daughter who luckily never noticed the attack or the guy walking up and down the concourse full of claret over his face. Don't expect to see this kind of behavior at Charlton go and support millwall.

The bloke is shouting abuse, and somebody thought the best way to deal with it was to use violence.
    There are other ways to deal with abusive people rather than use violence, probably not by asking stewards given the anecdotal history of the poorly paid stewards, but maybe by ignoring them, talking them down, showing a united but non violent front, reacting unexpectedly for example laughing when the person seeks confrontation.
    Going straight for the 'giving a slap' option is not a great thing for our kids/grandkids/nephews and nieces to witness.

• Options
    Personality.
  • Options
    I've been going to charlton for 15 (ish) years and sat in the north upper for the majority of this time. Is it me or has this behaviour got more common recently? The number of arseholes going to games has seemed to increase, I noticed it particularly when we were in league 1 for some reason
  • Options
    Laughing at someone who is pissed up and looking for a tear up is really going to do the trick! You can`t communicate with people like that. Not saying the violence bit is right though, especially with families nearby.
  • Options
    Being intoxicated at sporting event in this country is actually an offence although one very rarely enforced. It can lead to a life ban. Surely our security people should concentrate on things like this rather than having a bunch of gorillas waiting at the south stand, praying for the oppo to score so they can grab a couple of celebrating fans and drag them out of the ground.
  • Options
    the bloke in the flat cap (the drunk bloke) was bumping and pushing into people throughout half time and the stewards were warned about him but didn't do anything. then he bumped into 1 person and they were arguing and the guy just told him to f off and he did but the flat cap guy wanted some more clearly pissed out of his head went back to fight and got his face completely smashed up. even after he had been opened up 5 minutes went past and there was still only 1 steward trying to break it up.

least they put more up more of a fight then we did on the pitch !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Being intoxicated at sporting event in this country is actually an offence although one very rarely enforced.

Then why sell alcohol at games?
  • Options
    Did anyone see the taxi driver behind the East Stand turnstiles before kick off? Someone must have done a runner, because the taxi driver was going crazy, kicking the kerb and shouting abuse.

I don't blame him to be honest.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Riviera said:

Being intoxicated at sporting event in this country is actually an offence although one very rarely enforced.

Well apart from the obvious as pointed out by Mickc it's for people who can handle their drink. Most people can handle a few pints.
    A bloke at a game some years ago, I can't remember where, was so pissed he fell asleep and was left in the ground after everyone had gone. He was given a life ban from all sporting events in the country.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

CAFCTrev said:

Riviera said:

Well apart from the obvious as pointed out by Mickc it's for people who can handle their drink. Most people can handle a few pints.
    A bloke at a game some years ago, I can't remember where, was so pissed he fell asleep and was left in the ground after everyone had gone. He was given a life ban from all sporting events in the country.
    It was Boro, lucky bar steward.
  • Options
    Was the bloke wearing glasses and leathers ?
  • Options
    There was a bloke in the lib before the game who was smashed about 2pm in a flat cap, bouncing off everyone and spilling his pint, wonder if it was the same bloke....I've seen him a lot at games before
  • Options
    SE9 said:

Yes, I think he was...that's the bloke who took the hit
  • Options

There was a bloke in the lib before the game who was smashed about 2pm in a flat cap, bouncing off everyone and spilling his pint, wonder if it was the same bloke....I've seen him a lot at games before

SE9 said:

SE9 said:

That's the one I was thinking off. Pissed up in the lib. Could have put one on him then but done the better thing and went and got another drink :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    not the full shilling regardless of the booze. He is defo not of this planet. Adele wasnt happy with his antics in the Lib was touch and go if he got thrown out.