Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Wonder what on earth happened there....

On a side note, I can't f***ing stand it when that word is used and then 'justified' because it is between two black people.
  • By rights the law should get involved here, bet they don't though...
  • To be honest i don't get care what one man calls another on a sms its private between the two of them.
    But would love to know more about the failed business venture than anything.
  • Take it that rules out the chairman rumours then..........................
  • Paul Elliot is and always has been a complete cock.
  • Whereas Rufus is and always will be a Charlton legend.
  • Absolutely.
  • Where's Peter Herbert then? Thought this would be right up his street
  • masicat said:

Paul Elliot is and always has been a complete cock.

buckshee said:

Whereas Rufus is and always will be a Charlton legend.

Couldn't agree more!
  • How does this even get out if it's a couple of text messages?!
  • Sponsored links:

• The text message of a CEO or Chairman?
  • Elliot always comes across as if the world owes him something, bit of an arrogant man.

Don't know if Rufus has f*cked him over, but he will always be a Charlton legend.
  • Rufus is a CAFC legend.

Its an offensive word.

Elliot will phone his mate St Rio of the Tee Shirt who will no doubt agree with him " braaaaap braaappppp it in , respect, bloooood"
  • Gets given a CBE for his stance on racism, then calls someone a nigger.
    Absolute joke.
    This will be swept under the carpet.
  • A word usually regularly in rap songs and other nonsense music
  • Hard to imagine Rufus being some form of business con-man given that the nature of the guy we all know/knew COUPLED WITH the fact that he turned to religion after football...............................but I'd love to know more about that business venture!
  • Loose lips from the rack I reckon

Be difficult to get out of this one

Shame
  • How can anybody be mean to Richard Rufus? : (
  • It's impossible rufus could have done Elliot up as he's a charlton legend
  • edited February 2013
    Richards church was buying Charlton

Thought I would start the rumour before Crawley And the SLP 8)
  • Sponsored links:

• Rufus - Charlton legend
    Elliott - hypocrite who has made a career out of being black, hope it bites him on the arse.
  • Rufus - Charlton legend
    Elliott - hypocrite who has made a career out of being black, hope it bites him on the arse.

This
  • You'd never know Elliott also played for Charlton from that article.
  • A job for Black Lawyers methinks?
    Maybe i could start up a venture called White Lawyers ?
  • Bizarre story.

This thread is a fantastic example in pre-judgement though, particularly when no one knows any of the people involved or the first thing in what it might be about !
  • Have to laugh at some regular posters on this thread who bend over backwards to defend and excuse racist language or remarks (what was that Gary Dobson song again?) When used by people they like but jump on racist lanaguage when its a black person using it.

Was Elliot wrong? Absolutely. It wrong if he says it, if Terry says it or if Charlton fans sing it.

No excuses for Elliot but it doesn't make it OK for white racists to use the word either
  • What's even worse is the fact that Rufus is still only 38 and could probably still be playing. Seems a lifetime ago he had to pack up.
  • or black racists
  • Thing is AFKA, everbody knows the N word is offensive and just plain wrong. But the idiots (NILwall fans) will see this and think "Well he used it!"

To claim they are taking ownership of the insult is just stupid, I never hear it anymore other than in Rap Music or through twitter.

• A leading light in kick racism out of football has called another person a ni**er, what else is there to know?