Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Angerstein - new away pub

Comments

• Options
    Plenty of away fans have started drink in Spoons in Greenwich by the DLR tube stop. Nearest spoons to the ground I think. 
    Woolwich is about the same.
    Plenty of options in Woolwich for a beer.  I don't know why more people don't go there before the game.
    Because it's Woolwich 
    Stab proof vest is your friend.
  • Options
    Plenty of away fans have started drink in Spoons in Greenwich by the DLR tube stop. Nearest spoons to the ground I think. 
    Plenty of options in Woolwich for a beer.  I don't know why more people don't go there before the game.
    Probably because it's Woolwich :smile:
  • Options
    But if you went to be a snob about Woolwich, say you went to the Equitable, The Guardhouse or Dial Arch?  You could get a nice decent pint in and served easily and some nice food?  The train is a few mins down the line.  Not much difference in price to those pubs and the Swan.  Shame there isn't a pier at Charlton.  

• Options
    Don't tell them about Plumstead
  • Options
    Also surprised there's no micro-pubs in that whole stretch (basically between river Ale House, Greenwich to Woolwich)...
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    But if you went to be a snob about Woolwich, say you went to the Equitable, The Guardhouse or Dial Arch?  You could get a nice decent pint in and served easily and some nice food?  The train is a few mins down the line.  Not much difference in price to those pubs and the Swan.  Shame there isn't a pier at Charlton.  

Well said @Curb_It

As if drinking in Charlton allows people to frown on Woolwich.

The Elephant and Castle is a fantastic boozer.
  • Options
    Probably because it's Woolwich :smile:
    @blackpool72 beat you to that one mate, wake up.

I'll be lording it up in the Plume of Feathers tomorrow, until said Mr 72 gets hold of me........
  • Options
    What's in Plumstead then Henry😊
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Well said @Curb_It

As if drinking in Charlton allows people to frown on Woolwich.

The Elephant and Castle is a fantastic boozer.
    Drinking in an estate pub in Middlesbrough allows you to frown on Woolwich.
    The Zetland is decent.
  • Options
    Cheers Cardinal, now working out the 10 worst places we've ended up in away from home. Market Tavern in Huddersfield topping the list so far. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is Dial Arch the one at Royal Arsenal? Think I was in there last summer and it was alright. Didn't eat or anything but had a few beers. It was pretty big inside and lots of seats outside too. Like you say, shame no pier at Charlton
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is Dial Arch the one at Royal Arsenal? Think I was in there last summer and it was alright. Didn't eat or anything but had a few beers. It was pretty big inside and lots of seats outside too. Like you say, shame no pier at Charlton
    Yes.
  • Options
    If the wooden  lion is still behind the bar I’d suspect the brum fans won’t take kindly to it. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Went in there before our last game at your place. Got a massive wooden Millwall lion on the wall just behind the bar. 
    Do they do rooms and food?
  • Options
    Lots of police cars with sirens on speeding towards Anchor and hope just now.
  • Options
    Just some Brummies having a sing song. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Elfsborg getting arrested for not buying a round 

Very strange given the lack of pubs in Charlton.

We have been here(in Maze Hill) since 13.30
    There are zero Charlton fans in here, about 15 Birmingham.  Possibly everybody else is in Woolwich?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Curb_It said:

Well, there was a Lord Charlton back in the early 1400's.
    Think he was Welsh, mind.

Or Lord Wedderburn of Charlton, who was a Labour peer, and a massive CAFC fan.
  • Options
    No micros as very few local few local shops
  • Options

The good old days of 8,500 
  • Options

There are zero Charlton fans in here, about 15 Birmingham.  Possibly everybody else is in Woolwich?
    It's a Palace pub.
  • Options

It's a Palace pub.
    It is run by a Palace fan and has a scarf or pennant (can't recall which, perhaps it's had both down the years) behind the jump. If you can get past that fact it's a really decent pub. We used it for many years pre match until switching to Hardys round the corner. 
  • Options
    It’s not really is it? It may have a palace pennant behind the bar but Just the lovely land lady’s son. 

One lovely pub that. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Curb_It said:
    It’s not really is it? It may have a palace pennant behind the bar but Just the lovely land lady’s son. 

One lovely pub that. 
    Well yes. I know it well, the same family have run it since I was a kid and I used to hang out with the daughter.
  • Options
    That’s where I used to go on my early first dates back in the eighties