Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Angerstein - new away pub

13»

Comments

• Options
    Long time lurker here.

I know there are a few people here who are anti-Meantime or aren't into 'craft', but I run the brewery tap room (and visitor centre) and would always love to see some more Charlton fans in. Its only on Blackwall Lane, I can often make the walk to the ground in 15 minutes so its easily do-able pre game.
    A brewery on Blackwall Lane? I’ve not heard of that. Can you give more info. Thanks 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    That’s where I used to go on my early first dates back in the eighties 
    The Plume? So did I in the late 00’s. A bloke I knew well even came up and asked me how long had I been going out with Graham Stuart! Made me laugh anyway..
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    We'd love to pop in but we are worried about the idiots and the drugs....
    Haha don’t worry family friendly ;) 

stuck with an old handle from years ago
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    It’s not really is it? It may have a palace pennant behind the bar but Just the lovely land lady’s son. 

One lovely pub that. 
    Well yes. I know it well, the same family have run it since I was a kid and I used to hang out with the daughter.

Curb_It said:
    It’s not really is it? It may have a palace pennant behind the bar but Just the lovely land lady’s son. 

One lovely pub that. 

Lots of police cars with sirens on speeding towards Anchor and hope just now.
    Elfsborg getting arrested for not buying a round 

Very strange given the lack of pubs in Charlton.

We have been here(in Maze Hill) since 13.30
    There are zero Charlton fans in here, about 15 Birmingham.  Possibly everybody else is in Woolwich?
    It's a Palace pub.
    Now if you are still in contact with them can you see if I could get my money back please.

The round cost £14.50
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Long time lurker here.

I know there are a few people here who are anti-Meantime or aren't into 'craft', but I run the brewery tap room (and visitor centre) and would always love to see some more Charlton fans in. Its only on Blackwall Lane, I can often make the walk to the ground in 15 minutes so its easily do-able pre game.
    A brewery on Blackwall Lane? I’ve not heard of that. Can you give more info. Thanks 
    It’s Meantime Brewing Company. We’ve been around 20 years this year, started right here in Greenwich by a Charlton fan no less!

The brewery has a visitor centre at the front on Blackwall Lane that has a taproom, shop and tour centre that I run. We always have 9 taps on with 2 extra 2 tank varieties and enough range to satisfy most! Open 7 days a week. Do pop down if you have the chance. As I said always love to see more of my Charlton kindred spirits!

Ah yes I know Meantime very well, I just didnt realise you had a taproom down there. I only used to visit the Old Brewery.  Will take a look. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Long time lurker here.

It’s Meantime Brewing Company. We’ve been around 20 years this year, started right here in Greenwich by a Charlton fan no less!

The brewery has a visitor centre at the front on Blackwall Lane that has a taproom, shop and tour centre that I run. We always have 9 taps on with 2 extra 2 tank varieties and enough range to satisfy most! Open 7 days a week. Do pop down if you have the chance. As I said always love to see more of my Charlton kindred spirits!
    I've done the tour twice, been excellent both times. 

Big, big fan of what Meantime have done.
  • Options
    Angerstein was my local for 7 years up until last year. Went in there from time to time and never saw any issues - thought it was a decent pub to be honest.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Angerstein was my local for 7 years up until last year. Went in there from time to time and never saw any issues - thought it was a decent pub to be honest.
    You missed the lion, then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    You missed the lion, then?
    At least he did not have an e**** in his!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Long time lurker here.

I keep forgetting Meantime are so local, but wasn't sure where you were. Will definitely pop in at some time, though 15 minutes is pushing it a bit!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Long time lurker here.

Can see this attracting a bit of a movement
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Long time lurker here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meantime_Brewery
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

One lovely pub that. 
    Went past that yesterday on my 2.30 to 3hr walk. Very tempted to pop in there but was meeting someone an hour later plus the whole point of the walk was to lose weight and get fit. 
  • Options
    Wasn’t there some reason or another that we fell out of favour with Meridian a few years back or they fell out of favour with us?
    Can someone refresh my memory.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Long time lurker here.

Next time you're going to do the walk from there to the ground, let us know and I'll contact the Guinness Book of Records:-)
  • Options
    Long time lurker here.

We are aiming here today mate 
  • Options
    Remember a boatload of very gobby QPR walking past the Oak a few years ago when Luzon was manager, so suspect they may have docked there 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luzon used to manage the Oak?!
    Back in the day I used to manage the Royal Oak's finest eleven. Luzon aspired to it whereas Karel Fraye could only dream. 
  • Options
    Back in the day I used to manage the Royal Oak's finest eleven. Luzon aspired to it whereas Karel Fraye could only dream. 
    Think enrolling your fellow countryman as your technical assistant let you down
  • Options
    He’d still f*** that up.