Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    3-0 to the super Reds. Going to this one, which will be my first live league game since the back to the Valley game in December 1992!!  CarmonyouuuRedds!!!Unbelievable. 
  • Options
    Surely Darren Pratley must be in the team sheet somewhere ...
  • Options
    3-0 to the super Reds. Going to this one, which will be my first live league game since the back to the Valley game in December 1992!!  CarmonyouuuRedds!!!
    Been out the country, or in jail?
  • Options
    Momentum with us. Defence on top. Hemed will give Morrison a tough old time and buy Taylor more space than he has been allowed thus far. That’s all in the second half, as we nick a 2-1 win away from home. Taylor back to scoring ways and Pearce with the other.
  • Options
    Sadly can't see anything other than a 5-0 defeat by the East Swindon glory boys.
  • Options
    3-0 to the super Reds. Going to this one, which will be my first live league game since the back to the Valley game in December 1992!!  CarmonyouuuRedds!!!
    May I ask the reason, you've not seen us play for 27 years ?
  • Options
    Been out the country, or in jail?
    Neither!
  • Options
    Seen us play, was at Wembley in May, and prior to that the 3-2 FA cup win at Coventry in 2000; last two games at the Valley were Liverpool in the league cup in 1996 and Newcastle in the FA Cup in 1997. Last league game was Portsmouth at the Valley in December 1992.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen us play, was at Wembley in May, and prior to that the 3-2 FA cup win at Coventry in 2000; last two games at the Valley were Liverpool in the league cup in 1996 and Newcastle in the FA Cup in 1997. Last league game was Portsmouth at the Valley in December 1992.
    Thanks, but I wondered why ?
    Is it that you only like going to a "big" game every 5-10 years, or something prevents you from going ?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Is it that you only like going to a "big" game every 5-10 years, or something prevents you from going ?
    Moved out of London in 1997 which coincided with the arrival of children (who are not interested in football). Somehow managed to miss the Premier league years though l’m not too sure how. Was a fan because of my dad (I first went in the early 1970s) and he died in 2003, so that could have been part of it too.
  • Options
    Moved out of London in 1997 which coincided with the arrival of children (who are not interested in football). Somehow managed to miss the Premier league years though l’m not too sure how. Was a fan because of my dad (I first went in the early 1970s) and he died in 2003, so that could have been part of it too.
    I thought Evesham was in Worcestershire.
    I just looked it up and I see one of the nearest towns/villages is Charlton.
  • Options
    I hope I’m wrong but I think this might be our first loss of the season. 2-1 Reading 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Reading have been scoring in every game this season, in fact I think it's 13 goals in all competitions.

They've also been conceding quite a few (8 or 9 all comps), they managed clean sheets against Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Expected Team
    Phillips
    Solly | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
    Cullen
    Pratley | Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Taylor | Leko

Substitutes Bench: Amos | Sarr | Matthews | Kayal | Aneke | Williams | Hemed

Lapslie on the bench if Matthews deal not done.

Prediction
    I think we may concede but I also feel we will score. 

I'm going for another score draw. I'll go for a Desmond.

2-2

• Options
    Don't know what to think really. Every time I think we're going to lose, the team confound my pessimism and pull a rabbit out of the hat. Reading have looked impressive in the last few games and have some useful players by the looks of it. I'm thinking our run must come to an end sooner rather than later. Will probably be this weekend. Hope not but I'm going for a narrow defeat .. 2-1
  • Options
    1-1 maybe
  • Options
    1-1 maybe
    I bet that fence is getting a tad uncomfortable 🥵 
  • Options
    No arguments with @ForeverAddickted's chosen few, Bowyer & Co have built a very strong team in a very short space in time.

Reading are much improved this season after a slow start. I have seen Puscas on the telly, he looks dangerous. As stated, Morrison has given them some defensive backbone. Our one time hero Mark Bowen has joined them as sporting director, he is a very experienced and canny operator. Perhaps he learnt a lot from Les Reed. 
    The thing is though, we are also in great form and confidence must be steaming out of every player. A point will do nicely and three would be a right bonus against a bang in form outfit

Reading 1 v CAFC 1

Incidentally, Manger Gomes has managed or assisted at 18 clubs in about 23 years, he doesn't stick around for too long. Like Mourinho, he didn't play as a professional. This seems to be a particularly Portuguese trait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

and Charlton Kings, a very aptly named village, a suburb of Cheltenham !!
  • Options
    Feel like this might be where the run stops.

Oztumer to start ahead of Williams (only because LB will rotate them).
  • Options
    Can’t help feeling we need Sarr to play to keep the possession football flowing 2-1 to the reds if he does.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Can’t help feeling we need Sarr to play to keep the possession football flowing 2-1 to the reds if he does.
    Naby plays better and will be important if they don't press high, if they do, put Pearce in
  • Options
    I think Leko still gets the nod over Hemed for now.  

1-2 Williams to finally notch, and Taylor both first half.
  • Options
    1 - 0 to Reading
  • Options
    1-1.
  • Options
    If we play like the first half against Forest, we will win. If we are too defensive, a draw or a narrow defeat.
  • Options
    Sadly can't see anything other than a 5-0 defeat by the East Swindon glory boys.
    I can't help feeling your Reading too much Into the jocular small place in Swindon quote !