Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Undefeated would be good.
  • Options
    Tough one to call. Would be more than happy with a draw to keep the unbeaten league run going. 1-1
  • Options
    I love this thread.

All the miserablists predict defeat.

And all the Rose Tinted Specs reckon we'll get a result.

It was ever thus. :smile:

• Options
    Reading have started very well this season and have a good goalscorer too. This will be very tough indeed and the luck we had last week may disappear this week. Reading to win 3-1.
  • Options
    They have started ok, but are four points behind us.
  • Options
    Interesting news from ozaddick from up above as opposed to down under.

The only info I have is Jarred Gillett was taken off Birmingham city home game this weekend ?

Because they were playing Stokes city  B)
  • Options
    Would like Oztumer to start, for his ball retention and his distribution.  
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Would like Oztumer to start, for his ball retention and his distribution.  
    I would like both Oztumer and Williams to start, even if it means Taylor as sole striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Pratley injured?
  • Options
    Play like we did against Forest and we’ll win. Play like we did against Brentford and we’ll get stuffed. Simples. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I've heard Jared Gillet is pretty 'armless.
  • Options
    3-0 to the super Reds. Going to this one, which will be my first live league game since the back to the Valley game in December 1992!!  CarmonyouuuRedds!!!
    May I ask the reason, you've not seen us play for 27 years ?
    Seen us play, was at Wembley in May, and prior to that the 3-2 FA cup win at Coventry in 2000; last two games at the Valley were Liverpool in the league cup in 1996 and Newcastle in the FA Cup in 1997. Last league game was Portsmouth at the Valley in December 1992.
    Thanks, but I wondered why ?
    Is it that you only like going to a "big" game every 5-10 years, or something prevents you from going ?
    Moved out of London in 1997 which coincided with the arrival of children (who are not interested in football). Somehow managed to miss the Premier league years though l’m not too sure how. Was a fan because of my dad (I first went in the early 1970s) and he died in 2003, so that could have been part of it too.
    I thought Evesham was in Worcestershire.
    I just looked it up and I see one of the nearest towns/villages is Charlton.
    Yes, just up the road.
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:
    Is Pratley injured?
    No, just disregarded and overlooked.

Bowyer won't though.
  • Options
    Nice piece, I mean the article BTW😂

Charlton win, any which way we can.... If I had to predict......something 2
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Jarred Gillett is the referee for tomorrow’s game. He’s been  the A leagues top referee, he moved to the uk this year, and has been picked up by the EFL. 
    Being Australia’s premier referee doesn’t mean feck all. The bloke is a twat. I’ve watch him ref many games over here and Stevie Wonder would see the game better than him. 

He was the ref for a grand final over here in 2012, his fiancé at the time worked for one of the clubs in the final, and a VERY dubious penalty was awarded to that team by him In the dying minutes of the game to hand the win to ‘her’ employers, against the team I support here. 
    For that reason alone, I’ll never like the prick, and I expect a poor game from him that will cost us the game. 

Will he whip a square of sandpaper out when fishing in his pocket for a yellow card?
  • Options
    My youngest lives in Reading so treating him to his first ever away game. 2 - 0 defeat. 
  • Options
    My youngest lives in Reading so treating him to his first ever away game. 2 - 0 defeat. 
    In the long run it is best to set his aspirations low as far as the Addicks are concerned...  great parenting Bollox!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-2 Williams and Pearce
  • Options
    A draw for Leeds vs Swansea and a win for us and we go top!!
    We can do this
    Coyr
  • Options
    3:2 Charlton.
    Williams Pearce and Gallagher 
  • Options
    We can do this
    Coyr
    Nope.
  • Options
    We can do this
    Coyr
    Not unless we win by 5 goals. 

Which we obviously will do. 
  • Options
    I would be happy if we come away from this game with a point, my prediction 2-2
  • Options
    I'm going, so it's going to be a stonker.

3-1 Addicks, Taylor, Gallagher and Lockyer.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this. I live about 12 miles from the ground so nice and local. It think it'll be tight and will be happy enough with a point, ecstatic with three.
  • Options
    Maintain the unbeaten run, victory would be delicious
  • Options
    M25 is nice and busy!