Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Tue 13 Aug | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
    With the Covered End chanting
    "4-0 to the carnivores"
    "No noise from the hummus boys"
    "We can see you sneaking out to get a secret burger"
    Apparently the team were caught last season having meaty burgers. (My lad showed me the picture)
    Not sure what the owner thought of that ?

The carrot or the stick ?

• Options
    Blucher said:
    ... wondered if Doughty could fill in at left back. 

Is he left-footed?
    I Doughty he could fit in that position. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Let’s hope the weather isn’t anything as bad as it is today!

Regarding Lewis Page, I heard (not from the most reliable of places, but it’s information) he could be back for Nottingham Forest, Wednesday 21st August, which happens to be my birthday. Saturday probably comes too soon for him to make the squad but if he rejoins training at the end of this week, he could push to make the bench in a little over a week. Fingers crossed.
    If we get through (ha ha) maybe he could play in the second round match

Unless Purrington is injured, it's hard to see Page replacing him in the league, and we hardly need him in midfield either
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Let’s hope the weather isn’t anything as bad as it is today!

Regarding Lewis Page, I heard (not from the most reliable of places, but it’s information) he could be back for Nottingham Forest, Wednesday 21st August, which happens to be my birthday. Saturday probably comes too soon for him to make the squad but if he rejoins training at the end of this week, he could push to make the bench in a little over a week. Fingers crossed.
    If we get through (ha ha) maybe he could play in the second round match

Unless Purrington is injured, it's hard to see Page replacing him in the league, and we hardly need him in midfield either
    Think that’s exactly the thinking, same with Kayal hopefully making the second round, should we get there.
  • Options
    not attending this one, hopefully we win but wont be devastated if we lose expect to play quite a weak side equally i doubt forest green will take it to seriously. 
  • Options
    Newly promoted @Sage started well, as do most promoted sides, but seemed to tire in the latter stages, as you might expect. Of course it’s a long season, with plenty of opportunities to shine, but I expect @ForeverAddickted with his experience at the top level, to secure yet another title.
    But good to see a ‘young’ pretender providing a bit of competition.  
  • Options
    Prediction. 
    6-2 despite their kits being made from eco-friendly bamboo material & their players being instructed to follow a plant based diet throughout the season.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Interested to see the line up.  Think he may go for 

Amos

Wiredu Oshilaja Sarr Stevenson

JFC

Lapslie Field 

Morgan 

Aneke Bonne

subs: Maynard Brewer, Solly, Lockyer, Leko, Doughty, Gallagher, Taylor 
  • Options
    Going on the logic about people not playing in the u23’s I wonder if we will see Junior Quitirna in the squad. Looked very good in pre season and this would surely be a good time to test him.

I think we will see a good game as FGR have started well and are a very good footballing side. They were unlucky to not get through in their play offs last year I thought having watched both games and we have players who will be hungry to show us what they’re about. 

Think we’ll edge it 2-0 but it’s definitely the most interesting league cup game we’ve had in a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll be more scouts in the crowd than spectators i recon as about half of our team will be available to loan!
  • Options
    Sage side looks good cant see them risking Chucks with 2 games next week
  • Options
    Bad timing as Clive's link says that Aneke will start
    hahaha, hope he does play and comes out of it ok.
  • Options
    Bad timing as Clive's link says that Aneke will start
    hahaha, hope he does play and comes out of it ok.
    60-70 minutes is what they’ll be looking for. Means he will have played around a full match in minutes after coming on, on Saturday. They’ll then get him off, have a day off Wednesday and then be ready for the weekend.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Interested to see the line up.  Think he may go for 

Amos

Wiredu Oshilaja Sarr Stevenson

JFC

Lapslie Field 

Morgan 

Aneke Bonne

subs: Maynard Brewer, Solly, Lockyer, Leko, Doughty, Gallagher, Taylor 
    Maynard-Brewer is out on loan bubbles.

I understand everyone saying about Stevenson playing, and it could happen, would make sense if he is available not to risk Purrington, but I’m not aware of how fit he is as didn’t he have an injury beforehand?
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the walk up price for this game will be please...
  • Options
    I would assume the £2.00 increase on to the current price of tickets will still stand. I’m sure others on here will be able to confirm that?

Current prices are:
    Adults - £15
    Over 65 & U21 - £10
    U11 - £5
  • Options
    I get we need to rotate but we can’t act like we are Man City and make 11 changes expecting to win the game as that’s why we have such an appalling record in the cup. I would rather go with 6-7 changes to keep the momentum going....

Amos
    Oshilaja
    Lockyer
    Sarr
    Purrington
    Field
    JFC 
    Cullen
    Gallagher
    Aneke
    Bonne

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    I would assume the £2.00 increase on to the current price of tickets will still stand. I’m sure others on here will be able to confirm that?

Current prices are:
    Adults - £15
    Over 65 & U21 - £10
    U11 - £5
    Worse than that mate I think the 'Meire tax' is £3 on top.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Sage said:

Current prices are:
    Adults - £15
    Over 65 & U21 - £10
    U11 - £5
    No way, that’s horrific if true. 20% on an adult price, a third on concessions, and a 60% hike on U11. I just don’t understand the need for it?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    RedChaser said:
    Sage said:

Current prices are:
    Adults - £15
    Over 65 & U21 - £10
    U11 - £5
    No way, that’s horrific if true. 20% on an adult price, a third on concessions, and a 60% hike on U11. I just don’t understand the need for it?
    Not sure if they will wave it for this tie as they need as many paying customers as poss but that was the surcharge up to 2 hours before ko on Saturday I believe.
  • Options
    I get we need to rotate but we can’t act like we are Man City and make 11 changes expecting to win the game as that’s why we have such an appalling record in the cup. I would rather go with 6-7 changes to keep the momentum going....

Amos
    Oshilaja
    Lockyer
    Sarr
    Purrington
    Field
    JFC 
    Cullen
    Gallagher
    Aneke
    Bonne

At this stage of the season managing our squad is crucial though. If anything it's not resting players that's the main issue (though I wouldn't want to overwork the 19 year old Gallagher), but rather to get minutes in some of the new arrivals and squad players.

And many of these players will be hungrier too, desperate to impress
  • Options
    Need to keep the winning momentum.

This has classic Charlton banana skin all over it.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing some of the players who havent featured too much so far
  • Options
    Need to keep the winning momentum.

This has classic Charlton banana skin all over it.
    Them were them old days. This is the Bowyer era. Stay positive 🤣🤣
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Nothing directly to do with the game and hopefully won't upset the PC lot too much. However, being the awful person I am, I couldn't help chuckling:

On Saturday Forest Green were away at Walsall and one of their players was injured and laying face down on the pitch. The Walsall fans started chanting 'you vegan bastard stop eating our grass.'
    Why would you think that would upset “the PC brigade”? The grammar Nazis, though? Certainly, what with you missing the comma after “bastard”. 
  • Options
    2-0 Win, keep the momentum going! Lapslie and Aneke to score