Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Tue 13 Aug | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    with the team we expect to put out i think we should still beat them. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Does anyone know what the walk up price for this game will be please...
    I would assume the £2.00 increase on to the current price of tickets will still stand. I’m sure others on here will be able to confirm that?

Current prices are:
    Adults - £15
    Over 65 & U21 - £10
    U11 - £5
    Thanking you..although just seen the Meire tax too,forgot about that 😯
  • Options
    It would be rather nice to win a few games in this competition for a change, which ever side Lee puts out, 3-1 to keep the run going. 
  • Options
    £15 is steep for in essence a 2nd string side. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Let’s hope the weather isn’t anything as bad as it is today!

Regarding Lewis Page, I heard (not from the most reliable of places, but it’s information) he could be back for Nottingham Forest, Wednesday 21st August, which happens to be my birthday. Saturday probably comes too soon for him to make the squad but if he rejoins training at the end of this week, he could push to make the bench in a little over a week. Fingers crossed.
    Good news if right but, as things stand, I think the shirt is Purrington's to lose and Page will have to wait.
  • Options
    Even more with KAT (Katrien Added Tax) £3 isn't it?

I was thinking about going but I absolutely refuse to be exploited by that spiteful charge so they can poke it!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Sage said:
    Let’s hope the weather isn’t anything as bad as it is today!

Regarding Lewis Page, I heard (not from the most reliable of places, but it’s information) he could be back for Nottingham Forest, Wednesday 21st August, which happens to be my birthday. Saturday probably comes too soon for him to make the squad but if he rejoins training at the end of this week, he could push to make the bench in a little over a week. Fingers crossed.
    Good news if right but, as things stand, I think the shirt is Purrington's to lose and Page will have to wait.
    Most certainly, but it’s still good news to have him back and be ready if and when we need him.

Purrington’s attacking game has came on so much over the last few months, it’s a credit to Bowyer and the team to develop him. But I would think Page is slightly better going forward still, so if we go for a back 3/5, Page coming in as wing-back would be an option to Bowyer.

But of course, right now the shirt is Purrington’s and rightly so.
  • Options
    Winning will keep the confidence high and it is about time we had a win in this cup. 1-0 to Charlton but probably a scrappy match.
  • Options
    normally id expect a week team put out and out usual exit,but with the new guys about and needing game time i think it will be a strongish team fielded.
    My first ever game was a League Cup tie against a lower league team(Luton?) and we lost---- its in the DNA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw on twitter team rumoured to be 

amos
    wiredu
    ossy
    sarr
    stevenson
    field 
    forster caskey
    morgan
    lapslie
    aneke
    bonne

with that side i would expect to win. 
  • Options
    Quite the opposite. Most of the players are pressing for a 1st team start. Going along tonight to see these players & not the usual U23's that we habitually play in Cup games.
  • Options
    Also its the first competitive game I believe between these two sides, interesting
  • Options

amos
    wiredu
    ossy
    sarr
    stevenson
    field 
    forster caskey
    morgan
    lapslie
    aneke
    bonne

That's the team I would pick from those available. If FGR pick their best team and go for it, I think they could win. We have a few rusty, a few seeking to avoid injury, and a few unproven at this level.
  • Options

amos
    wiredu
    ossy
    sarr
    stevenson
    field 
    forster caskey
    morgan
    lapslie
    aneke
    bonne

That's the team I would pick from those available. If FGR pick their best team and go for it, I think they could win. We have a few rusty, a few seeking to avoid injury, and a few unproven at this level.
    Unproven at this level  ?.
    It's Forest Green.
  • Options
    Just bought a ticket. Want to see what our squad depth looks like. Nice evening and not doing anything else so fish n chips n footy it is. 
  • Options
    Do you think they will stock up on more vegetarian pies? 

• Options
    Bless the vegans. Hope they win their league. Think we will win 1-0.
  • Options
    Hopefully a draw so we can visit their ground, if not hopefully the lads can get the job done, Forest Green that is 
  • Options
    45,000 Charlton supporters from Wembley in and around The Oak.

Ok I'm lying there's about 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully a draw so we can visit their ground, if not hopefully the lads can get the job done, Forest Green that is 
    A draw tonight means it goes into extra time and penalties I believe.

There are no replays.
  • Options
    They really should allow having a beer at your seat for these type of games
  • Options
    Sage said:
    A draw tonight means it goes into extra time and penalties I believe.

There are no replays.
    Ah ok thanks for the heads up. 

Jokes aside then hopefully we win it, be good to have a little cup run to keep the fringe players active, Wiredu, Amos, Oshilaja, Morgan etc 
  • Options
    Live in GLoucestershire now so saw FGR a few times last year. Really nice club and they have great chips. Pies not so good. They try and play passing football from the back but lack inventiveness to make that work for longer than brief spells. Lack attacking penetration. Their fans are living the dream coming to our place. Should be smooth 3 nil win for Charlton. But we are shocking in this cup.  
  • Options
    Shall I stick up a match thread?
  • Options
    It appears that technically at this moment in time we are the highest placed opposition FGR have ever faced in a competitive match.
  • Options
    No injuries please.
  • Options
    Very youthful bench, and Doughty comes in for Purrington from the original preview. Otherwise all the same.

Go for the match thread @Oggy Red
  • Options
    Not at match, appreciate thread.