Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gallen - quality

Seems to me to be one of the best recruits we’ve had at this club for some time.
Put your feet up and have a nice drink tonight Steve. You’ve earned it.

Comments

• Options
    Steve Gallen - Legend. 

Get him a song for the terraces 
  • Options
    Surely, by now, Sir Steve Gallen?
  • Options
    He's done stunning work since he arrived. I imagine even Roland must wonder how things would have worked out if he had someone like Gallen in charge of recruitment, when you consider some of the flops we signed previously
  • Options
    One Steve Gallen should be sang out loud on Saturday 
    Followed by Murray,Murray ur a....
  • Options
    I doubt he'll be there. He'll be at a match somewhere scouting players for the January window.
  • Options
    Followed by Murray,Murray ur a....
    Steady on - my employers will be there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh for the days of Katrien!
  • Options
    Should make him CEO
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I worry by year's end some owner in the Premier League will take notice and offer him a lot more than we ever could. He pays for himself many times over.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ohhhh Stevey Stevey

Stevey Stevey Stevey Stevey Steve Gallen
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Should make him CEO
    From a couple of stories I have heard, I would do exactly this if I were able to afford the club. 

This bloke isn't just a head scout, he's a top bloke and from all the shite over the last couple of years it's a miracle we have someone like him at the club. 
  • Options
    I worry by year's end some owner in the Premier League will take notice and offer him a lot more than we ever could.
    You could say the same about Lee Bowyer, in fact any of them, we’ve had so much blooming stress the last few days, let’s just enjoy the now!
  • Options
    Incredible job. Just imagine what he could do with a budget. 

Well done that man. 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Should make him CEO
    From a couple of stories I have heard, I would do exactly this if I were able to afford the club. 

This bloke isn't just a head scout, he's a top bloke and from all the shite over the last couple of years it's a miracle we have someone like him at the club. 
    Leave him doing what he's good at and appoint a commercial manger to run that side of things. DOn't need Gallen wasting time negotiating shirt sponsorship deals when he could be watching U23 games.
    I hear he does plenty of excellent stuff around the club. He's not limited to just continually finding great signings. 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Should make him CEO

Leave him doing what he's good at and appoint a commercial manger to run that side of things. DOn't need Gallen wasting time negotiating shirt sponsorship deals when he could be watching U23 games.
    Effectively he's become more of a director of football now, involved with the wages and contracts as well I guess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching his interview on Valley Pass, he seemed so happy to be doing the job he was with a manager he gets on so well with. I think it means so much to him that has a manager that works as hard as he does and trusts in his knowledge. The job he’s done since nightmeire left has been incredible and we are so lucky to have him.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Incredible job. Just imagine what he could do with a budget. 

Well done that man. 
    4m on Ivan Toney for a start!
  • Options
    I wonder if it might be getting into Roland's head that a fantastic management team has fallen into his lap. Moneyball is hard to pull off in football, but having the right manager and team is the way to success.
  • Options
    And Super Tommy D, dare I say a few of these has his mark firmly on them. 
    I wasn’t joking!
  • Options
    I wasn’t joking!
    I don’t think so, all signings came from English clubs rather than a striker from the Romanian 3rd division that looks good on Championship Manager.
  • Options
    I wasn’t joking!
    What signings do you think were down to Driesen?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I wasn’t joking!
    I don’t think so, all signings came from English clubs rather than a striker from the Romanian 3rd division that looks good on Championship Manager.
    But little Tommy got grief for signing 2 players from Romanian 3rd divison clubs (check notes) Spurs and Sunderland. 
  • Options
    I bet he’s laying down in a darkened room today after a week like that, poor fella must be knackered!

Needs to take up fishing!