Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's Ready for the Heatwave ?

Comments

• Options
    Gym was empty which is great!
    The gym was actually the coolest place I’ve been today. My first time on a treadmill for about 10 months. Would have been unbearable to run outside
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Why don't men wear short sleeves in hot weather? I've seen so many blokes in the City wearing suits with long sleeved shirts, and big sweat patches. What is wrong with wearing short sleeved shirts? Serious question! 
    Because we are not coach drivers
    Or Prison officers or pilots. 

Surely sweaty pits are sweaty if in long sleeves or short? 
  • Options
    Just heading home. Some of the sights out there today!!! I love my job 😊
  • Options
    @bobmunro only joking.......here it is!!

Nice kitchen units.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Just heading home. Some of the sights out there today!!! I love my job 😊
    You’re slipping @i_b_b_o_r_g

• Options
    Currently sat overlooking the Solent watching an electrical storm come ashore along the coast in the Portsmouth area. 

Nice little sea breeze hitting my balcony. 

Have a good trip on the trains tomorrow guys and gals ......
  • Options
    Oops, scrub that. It's now right overhead here. Never seen so much constant lightning. 

Spooky. Looks like that scene in War of the Wolrlds!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Oops, scrub that. It's now right overhead here. Never seen so much constant lightning. 

Looks spectacular on Lightning Map!

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=0.00;ts=1;ts24=0;z=8;y=51.3992;x=0.1318;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up, expect it in sunny Bexhill about 1am then.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Yeah Yeah, gloat why dont you... Whilst all I've got to enjoy is Orpington High Street

Was there Saturday afternoon. Grew up there. Bloody high street (like many others alas) filled with coffee shops and charity outlets.
    And The Walnuts being sold as a residential development opportunity
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Looks spectacular on Lightning Map!

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=0.00;ts=1;ts24=0;z=8;y=51.3992;x=0.1318;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;
    Nice website!

Pretty damn spectacular. Was like someone was constantly turning the light on and off. Took me back to strobe lights back in the day in some dodgy club!
  • Options
    Gym was empty which is great!
    The gym was actually the coolest place I’ve been today. My first time on a treadmill for about 10 months. Would have been unbearable to run outside
    Had a similar experience - sometimes have to wait for a space in the gym car park, today it was almost empty. Yet the gym was freezing and the pool was even better. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Big storm now in west Sussex (Seems to be striking just outside Horsham)
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Why don't men wear short sleeves in hot weather? I've seen so many blokes in the City wearing suits with long sleeved shirts, and big sweat patches. What is wrong with wearing short sleeved shirts? Serious question! 
    Short sleeves with suits look ridiculous.
    Short sleeves with a tie, WTF.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Short sleeves with suits look ridiculous.
    Short sleeves with a tie, WTF.
    Sort of thing you'd wear at primary school
  • Options
    7 a side at goals bexleyheath was not fun last night....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I work on domestic solar so a lot of my time can be spent in lofts, add this to having a van with no air con and I’m really struggling 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    It just doesn’t look right in a formal context 
    Nor do big sweat patches!
    Invest in decent anti perspirant and make regular trips to the bath room to re apply 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    man it's a hot one .. like seven inches from the midday sun ((:>)

https://youtu.be/6Whgn_iE5uc
  • Options
    I want to thank you for the answers about why men don't wear short sleeved shirts. I have often wondered why they walk around in dark suits, long sleeves and sweating like a pig! It's really bad if you are not allowed to wear lighter clothing in hot weather. Actually really discriminatory if you are being told that you have to wear suits/ties etc. as women don't have to put up with that. We can wear light cotton clothing to keep cool - I'm currently wearing a fitted summer dress, light enough to cope with the hot weather but still smart enough for the office. A man in smart linen trousers and a light cotton shirt can look very professional - probably more so than a hot sweaty mess arriving for a meeting in a suit and tie :-)
  • Options
    I’ve done it Wilma, ive gone suit trousers and short sleeve shirt today. It’s liberating, I feel like a new man

No need to wade in with that mate.